• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen official tournaments?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    anyone know anything about official tournaments going to be held on wifi? so by nintendo themselves?

perhaps we should get a pokemon ladder at clanbase.com :)

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • If Nintendo EVER hosts an online tournament, someone MUST tell me ASAP. It's what I've been training all this year for!!

Years
  • I am not sure they would even hold an online tourny, as i know winners of event tourny's have to turn their game pack over for inspection. Consider this. You have been having a great time in the GTS, you are traded a hacked turtwig but you don't know it. You raise it, enter it into a tourny, win, and get busted for cheating. With the GTS it is FAR easier to get a hacked pokemon than ever before, and you can get it without wanting it or even knowing it. The only way to prevent this is of course not using the GTS, but then why have the game at all?

Ichida

Years
  • Oooorrrrr you could raise a team you bred YOURSELF and be sure it's all legit, like any player with common sense would do.

Ichida

Years
  • Then the answer is simple: don't accept hacked Pokemon. Not that having them would influence your legit battle team in any way. <.<

Rat

Years
  • I'm with Ichida on this. That is, both the "tell me if Nintendo ever does this" and "don't be a twit and use hacked Pokemon."

Ichida

Years
  • In terms of the battle, I don't care if I fight hacked Pokemon. I've beaten teams of them. I beat a Regigigas who was spamming Ho-oh's Sacred Fire.

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
  • Well in my case the hacked Pokemon team thing hardly matters since the only Pokemon that I *USE* that are from GTS are legends. And I seldom even use but a scarce few that I can train as I see fit. I have a hacked Suicune and a hacked Latias that I use for my own amusement but I know enough to not use them in an Official Challenge (like I'd go to one anyway) and I don't have them up for trade.

Other Pokes are put to breeding use and I know the babies are all legit.

IF, however, a hacked Pokemon in the Game Pack is grounds for disqualification, party member or not, then most of us are screwed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    If there is an official tournament, then probably everyone on this site that has the game would freak out over it. Of course, we would probably be one of the later forums to learn about it (the first would certainly be Nintendo's).

As far as the hacked Pokemon part goes...I'm not sure they're even allowed on the GTS. I tried putting up my hacked Celebi from the GBA games just for the fun of it (listing for a Level 9- Empoleon, so no, I wasn't trying to cheat anyone), but it was refused.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    so how about an online center (like clanbase offers) where there will be competition going on 24/7.. who would have to take the initiative for that?

Back