• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official US Release Date Confirmed - 14th March 2010

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Mmm, funny where I live there wasn't a shortage on Platinum. I felt stupid reserving it.
    Oh well, I did get my Giratina figure.

Years
    Hmm...on Pi-day no less. Then I shall be able to find out whatever it is they're saying. (I've been playing through the Japanese version)

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I'm hoping I'll have enough to buy both of the games by then. I kind of forgot about Christmas and all... you know, the whole spending money on other people thing. Oh well. I'm not even sure why I want to buy both games at the same time, other than 'just because.'

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Great !!!!!

My bro's day is in April , and I can get something too , so HG , baby , you're mine on the 17th of April !

Question : Is it the same date as for Europe ? Or is it released sooner later , in Europe ?

Rapide

Self-esteemed Wumbologist.
    Years
    I can't wait! I'm gonna get it the day it comes out at my local Gamestop! This means that I can actually look forward to do something after my 8 hour school day! I can also play it over my spring break. hehe... =)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I forgive anyone who might be offended by this post...

OMFG HELL TO THE YEEAHHHHHH!!!!! I'm so uber excited you don't even know lol. -Insert obscene swearing of happiness here- WOOWOO!!!!

MARCH 14, I WILL MARRY YOU!

Ayselipera

I'm terribly sorry if this has already been said, but has any pre order date been set for the U.S. version?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This may be of interest to the people of Europe... but mind you not confirmed, pure rumour at this stage. But anyways, from serebii.net:
    Although it is likely to be nothing but rumour, English retailler Play.com has begun listing Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver for release in Europe on March 26th 2010. This date is obviously not confirmed and is likely to just be a placeholder date. Normally, I don't tend to report on every date retaillers post but this one does fall on the right day for Nintendo to release games in Europe. There will likely be a press release for the European Date soon and as soon as Nintendo announce it, we'll post it here
    If it is that date it'd be surprisingly close to the American date IMO for a change. IDK though given the apparent April date for Australia, but we shall see.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Yay I cannot wait even though I live in Australia I will be ordering mine when it comes out in America

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    March 14 is officially going to be the best day of 2010. <3

I'm terribly sorry if this has already been said, but has any pre order date been set for the U.S. version?
    On Saturday I went into a local GameStop and asked when preorders start, and they told me I could preorder it right then. o-o I didn't have the money on me to preorder it right that second, but apparently you can preorder it now from GameStop and probably also Target/KMart/etc., so have fun xD

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
    I'm going to make this gap seem short: You know when Red and Green were released in Japan? February 1995. You know when Pokemon Finally came to the US as Red and Blue? September 28th 1998. That's 3 years, you US guys should be grateful we only have to wait a half a year now. I dont even have a ROM or a jp copy cause i cant read Japanese and for some reason every time i try and patch something there's always something that goes wrong. So for those of you who do have the privelage of playing this game early consider yourselves lucky that you can play it before your country gets it (and that goes for everyone outside of Japan). But on another note...........
    OMG I WANT THEM BOTH AND I WANT THEM NAO!!!!!!

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    This may be of interest to the people of Europe... but mind you not confirmed, pure rumour at this stage. But anyways, from serebii.net:If it is that date it'd be surprisingly close to the American date IMO for a change. IDK though given the apparent April date for Australia, but we shall see.

As much as I'd like this to be true (and it would be since games always come out on a Friday over here), the fact that the date is so 'close' to the American release date and that we'd get it before Australia seems kinda 'odd' and most likely 'false'.

Nevertheless, I do hope the European launch date for HGSS (which is currently a rumour) turns out to be true :)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I'm going to make this gap seem short: You know when Red and Green were released in Japan? February 1995. You know when Pokemon Finally came to the US as Red and Blue? September 28th 1998. That's 3 years, you US guys should be grateful we only have to wait a half a year now. I dont even have a ROM or a jp copy cause i cant read Japanese and for some reason every time i try and patch something there's always something that goes wrong. So for those of you who do have the privelage of playing this game early consider yourselves lucky that you can play it before your country gets it (and that goes for everyone outside of Japan). But on another note...........
    OMG I WANT THEM BOTH AND I WANT THEM NAO!!!!!!

That's not really comparable though, seeing as the Pokémon Red and Green that you refer to were technically never released in the US, or anywhere outside Japan. Even the Pokémon Blue in Japan (released in 1996) was a different game to the Red and Blue that we know and love.

On top of this, the Pokémon franchise was much, MUCH smaller then - especially in the West. Nobody in the USA really knew what Pokémon was or that there was even a game coming - so there was nobody really waiting for the release. The games had not originally been designed to be translated into multiple languages - this meant that an extensive amount of reprogramming had to be done during the translation process.

:D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I hope Europe gets it at the same time!!!

Coz we never get our own wi-fi events dates announced, we just have the american ones.

Back