• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Offset help

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Okay, I feel very uncomfortable asking this here because of all the rules all over the place making it seem like there's no proper place to ask this. I also feel uncomfortable because I admit I've already asked this in the Simple Questions topi (but honestly, I'm making this topic because I don't feel like it belongs in that thread either).

At the risk of being modded, I'm going out on a limb and creating my own topic specifically for this question (but due to forum rules, I half expect this to get deleted =/ I'm so lost...)

Okay, my question has something to do with an already existing (but seemingly gone) tool and also involves coding. Because of the rules this site has set-up, I couldn't think of a better place to ask (unless I idiotically overlooked a Coding Forum).

Anyway, my question is about the LTMEP (Learnable TM Editor Pro) tool. I don't know who made it (there are no "I mad this" text files included) and the original topic seems to be missing from the Toolbox forum entirely.

Now to business. The tool seems to read some coding from a pair of external text files called "BPRE" and BPGE" which I'm pretty sure are the ID codes for Fire Red and Leaf Green. These text files contain small coding that help the tool identify things within the ROM. However, there's no files for Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald. The tool doesn't load the ROM without these files so the tool doesn't work on R/S/E. However, I figured since the coding is so short, maybe someone around her might recognize it an possibly provide the proper coding for at least Emerald version. Here are the coding I found.

BPRE:
    [Dataoffset]
    start=2436048
    offset=2388129
    offset2=4565004
    HMnum=7

BPGE:
    [Dataoffset]
    start=2436012
    offset=2388093
    offset2=4563500
    HMnum=7

I figure with this info, maybe someone can backtrack to where the coding is found within the game and provide the equivilant coding for R/S/E (Primarily Emerald). I would greatly appreciate any and all help with this problem or if I'm posting in the wrong place (which I strangely get the feeling I am), then direct me to a place where I'd be more likely to recieve help.

UPDATE!

Okay, notice how the "start=" offset is underlined above? That's because recently I've found the coding for Sapphire and Emerald (also Ruby but I only assume it's Ruby because it's the only coding left after FR/LG, Sapphire, and Emerald) for everythigng above except for the underlined offsets above. For anybody using the Learnable TM Editor Pro, here they are.

AXVE (Ruby)
    [Dataoffset]
    start=
    offset=2065197
    offset2=3630340
    HMnum=7

AXPE (Sapphire)
    [Dataoffset]
    start=
    offset=2065085
    offset2=3630228
    HMnum=7

BPEE (Emerald)
    [Dataoffset]
    start=
    offset=3250057
    offset2=6380436
    HMnum=7

As you can see, the "start=" offset is still missing but the tool still won't work for these games unless ALL of the offsets are present. I take no credit for the offsets provided to make this tool work for R/S/E since it was just backtracking through other tools that allowed me to locate them. But please, if anyone out there knows what the missing offsets are, not only would I deeply appreciate it, but other people would also be able to use this tool for R/S/E.

Thank you for reading and for any help (and for not modding this if it's still here tomorrow)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Woah! That topic is still here? I searched for it and even used the "show from Date" tab to search the toolbox forum and didn't find the topic anywhere! Thanks for the help. Also, the offsets I'm missing were in that topic as well posted near the middle of the page.

I feel like I need to apologize since nearly every rule-set I find says "Don't ask questions that have already been answered".

So, yeah... sorry. But thanks :)

EDIT: Darthatron must not be all that into Emerald because now I've noticed the Evolution editor INI is messed up. All the other games have a 7 digit offset in their INI but Emerald only has a 6 digit offset and when I try to lead Emerald, the tool doesn't show the right pokemon and evolutions.

Last edited:
    Back