• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] offsets

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Anybody got the image offsets of battle boxes, hp boxes and exp boxes and etc for fire red. I know nobody likes to tell how changing in game designs work but it would be awesome if somebody told me the offsets.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    Anybody got the image offsets of battle boxes, hp boxes and exp boxes and etc for fire red. I know nobody likes to tell how changing in game designs work but it would be awesome if somebody told me the offsets.
    See where the graphics are stored in RAM with VBA's Tile Viewer when a battle is on. Once you find where they are, see with VBA's Memory Viewer what their hex code looks like (in the ram address where the graphics are loaded to that Tile Viewer shows you). Then open the rom file with a hex editor and search for the graphics data by that hex code.

If the graphics cannot be found this way, that means they are compressed in the rom.

Back