• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Oh, Easter Egg!

Bay

Years
    We often find references from one media to another. It can be music from a webcomic later used in a video game (I see you Megalovania), South Park poking fun at the Pokemon craze (anyone remember that? I do), or a written work making a subtle reference to Sherlock Holmes. Easter eggs can be fun to find sometimes, even if it gets outdated later down the line.

So yeah, do you ever put easter egg/references into your own works whether it be from books, shows, video games, etc?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Oh, yes, totally. Constantly referencing genshin lore in my Genshin fanfiction. But I did two jojo references, too. When I finally post the story here, I challenge people to find my Jojo references. Also make jokes about binary code to break the fourth wall as a way to tell the reader, "hey so just so you know, Genshin is a game!"

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It depends. With my Pokemon: Mecha fanfic, since there's so much religious symbolism in it, it's filled with "Easter eggs"/references to the Bible. The nature of the beast. But then some other fics or original works don't fit well with real world references. In my apocalyptic story, most things from the past have been wiped out, so it would be weird to make a reference that simply wouldn't exist.

That said, I do enjoy Easter eggs! They're fun for the readers to find. :3

Back