• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh GOD that eyeball has teeth and it's chasing me!!!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
  • So the 1.3 update for Terraria will be up in a few minutes. Does anyone here play Terraria, and if so what do you think of it? I personally like the game quite a bit for its music and difficulty compared to Minecraft, and of course it's very fun to play and has an extraordinary range of freedom when it comes to playstyle. Those mobs though...

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • Just read the 1.3 patchnotes, and I gotta say... Finally, I don't have a reason to ever leave my Pigron! Woo!

The other changes look pretty nice, as well.

I like the game more than Minecraft, personally. I've spent a couple hundred hours in it over the years. i haven't built anything super cool yet, I've mostly played on a world one of my friends makes. Every so often we'll make new characters and just dick around. I'm thinking with these new changes it's about time for a new world...

Years
  • I play it every so often. I try to be careful with it though, because I run the risk of getting sucked into playing for hours. X)

But yeah, I think it's fun to at least dabble in it. Which usually means dig up all the things just to make cooler weapons and stuff. I think last time I played I didn't even properly finish making even one building lol. Or even beat a boss ....but anyway. I haven't been keeping up with what's coming out for it, but after glancing at a list just now - yeah, I think I should check it out soon. Maybe not today, but soon.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Oh man I love Terraria. I don't play it enough nowadays, too many other games to play, but it's definitely one of my faves. Have it on Xbox and Steam, pretty much completely beat the Xbox version. Legendary Terra blades for everyone n shit like that.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Considering I have a hardcore character that I beat the eater of worlds with somehow (it was in multiplayer but still) I can say that I'm pretty fond of Terraria, yes. I've been playing the game for a very long time now and it's still fun to do stuff in it.

We should totally have a multiplayer terraria thing btw

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Haven't touched Terraria in quite a while. It might be a good time to start that game again, considering that I only managed to beat the Destroyer so far, in Hardmode and now with even more stuff to do...

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • my boyfriend just bought it for me yesterday. i need help playing it lol so far it's been fun. i heard the update has a unicorn :3

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've played Terraria but I could never get used to the game. I wasn't even ready for the Eye of Cthulhu, and that didn't end well... I'm bad at it.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • I've played Terraria but I could never get used to the game. I wasn't even ready for the Eye of Cthulhu, and that didn't end well... I'm bad at it.
    The first time I played it I hadn't seen any videos or read any walkthrough/guides. I was going in raw. I forget what the minimum time for the Eye of Cthulu spawning is, but I know it can happen randomly and it just so happened to spawn as soon as possible for my tiny little world. I had a wooden helment, I think. My thoughts were, "Man, I finally got a helmet. Now I can kill slimes without dying!" Oh, how much I've grown.

Anyways.

Played with the recent patch. I'm playing on a server hosted by one of my friends, so he plays more than I do, but from what I've played I've already come across a lot of items I've never seen before. Items AND enemies. Lemme tell you something - Medusa is a bitch you don't wanna mess with. Ever. At all.
    (new items and strats mentioned below)
    Spoiler:

probono

Angel's Light, That Beams Beyond the Spheres
    Years
  • expert mode is ridiculous
    but it gives you amazingly useful stuff.
    Spoiler:
    thank god it doesn't stack

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Expert mode is so hard, it's amazing. The only reason I've lasted as long as I have before ragequitting is a friend of mine gave me some Demonic Vampire Knives when I was still at the wood armour level.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • Expert mode is so hard, it's amazing. The only reason I've lasted as long as I have before ragequitting is a friend of mine gave me some Demonic Vampire Knives when I was still at the wood armour level.
    This. Entirely this. Expert mode is like the Dark World version of the levels from Super Meat Boy, and it's revitalized my love for Terraria (well, that and all the new swag included in the new update).

Speaking of which, one of my favorite new items:
    Spoiler:

Right now I'm going back and forth between my Expert world and my friend's regular world, and the difference is absurd. We just enabled hardmode in his, though, so now both of our worlds aren't hospitable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I played for about one session and didn't like it. It's much more of a combat-centred arcade game than Minecraft which, for no reason I can fathom, it is often compared to. It's really not what I was expecting, and seems to offer the player no control over its pacing.

TY

Steam says 169 hours, but I played Terraria for like 2000+ hours... need I say more? :P

Yeah, really enjoying Terraria, even played some PvP gamemodes just for fun with friends.

Back