• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh gosh so nervous

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
  • Hello there Pokecommunity; wow this is a big place isn't it? I've had a lot of trouble registering because there's 'server maintenance' or whatever, but I'm finally here! I'm looking into some of the various Pokemon communities on the internet, and as the Pokecommunity is probably the biggest I figured I'd try it out. In particular I'm looking for places that talk about the TCG and ROM hacking, as those are two aspects of the game I'm looking to get into further. So yeah, we'll see how well this works!

I'm an electrical engineering major about to go into my second year, and I love reading. I don't play many other games besides Pokemon, as I spend a lot of time doing outdoorsy stuff like biking or kayaking. I don't have too many friends in person who like Pokemon outside of 'oh my god gen 1 and gen 2 4ever pkmn 2day sux!!!' which is frustrating but hopefully that's what you guys will be for! :)

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • Hey! Welcome to the forums! I registered last week(I think?) and I love it here :P. My major is International Studies and I will be going into my second year as well so we are pretty similar it seems.

I like the new Pokemon games but of course I still have a ton of nostalgia for generations 1 & 2, I can't imagine why people would think that Pokemon sucks today...it keeps getting better in my opinion.

You should check out the Pokemon clubs sometime, I stick around there mostly. Again, welcome to PC!

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
    Years
  • Hey! Welcome to the forums! I registered last week(I think?) and I love it here :P. My major is International Studies and I will be going into my second year as well so we are pretty similar it seems.

I like the new Pokemon games but of course I still have a ton of nostalgia for generations 1 & 2, I can't imagine why people would think that Pokemon sucks today...it keeps getting better in my opinion.

You should check out the Pokemon clubs sometime, I stick around there mostly. Again, welcome to PC!

I'm pretty sure it's less of a 'Pokemon in the past is better than the present' thing and more of a 'oh I don't actually like Pokemon anymore but I pretend to like the old ones because it's cool' thing. People play to much Call of Duty and Halo these days. Nice to meet you!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hai Blue and welcome to PC! ^^
    Don't worry about the ocasional downtime & stuff xD PC is pretty crowded so the servers derp every now and then xD it's not too bad, but you should make a habit in keeping a copy of your long posts before hitting Submit xD
    But crowded as it is, PC has a great community full of awesomely amazing people.
    The Staff members are great and they're always ready to help and/or answer questions.
    And trust me on this tiny thing: despite having come here for ROM hacks & stuff, you'll end up exploring a whole lot more and you'll find so much to do on PC that you'll have a really hard time leaving xD
    (I actually spent my birthday this year with my PC friends >.> )
    So yeah, look around, mingle and enjoy yourself ^-^
    And don't forget to drop me a Visitor message and/or a friend request if you ever feel like you need someone to talk to or something xD

Years
  • Aww there's no need to be nervous, welcome to PC!

I understand if you're feeling scared, everyone here was a new member at some point and yeah our servers sometimes tend to crash due to overloads and stuff but you should be able to pass the time by looking somewhere else for a while. I noticed you already found the Pokemon Trading Card Game section already, but given you also apparently joined for hacks you might also love Emulation & ROM Hacking which is PC's resident hackers hangout, and one of the most active sections here, if not the most active.

Also, the staff members are very helpful and are always there to lend a hand, but several non-staff are too, so don't hesitate to ask anyone, and I do hope you make new friends along the way. Read the rules so you don't get into trouble. Anyways, hoping to see you around PC and if ever wanna chat just leave me a visitor message on my profile anytime.

Enjoy your stay Blue!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Jip

Hipster Jipster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2020
    No need to be nervous bro, just put yourself out there like you're already doing and you'll meet people in no time with similar interests. Do you hack your own roms, or just play those that others have made?

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
    Years
  • Nice to meetcha! Welcome! I'm about to start community college to major in... I don't know yet.. but electrical engineering is a great major! Wish I was that smart lol. If you need a friend or just someone to chat with feel free to add me.. and call me Erika :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • there's no need to be nervous about ANYTHING! Here, have a cute bunny gif on your intro thread :3

Oh gosh so nervous

As you can see from the previous replies, we care about you. :3 So there's no need to be nervous or shy, or anything like that. We're really helpful, and who's also helpful? The staff of PC. The members in bold blue, orange, and red are those you should come to if you have any questions or concerns! Like everyone said in here, we're really awesome. :)

See ya around and have a wonderful time here. <3

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Hey There Blue! I see why You have had problems with server maintenence..We have server maintenence Every month on the 1st and the 15th..Well Anyways Im in the 7th grade :D Im young..Anyways If you like rom Hacking head over to the ROM Hacking Section

If you need any help ask the modz

Back