• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh my Freaking God... THE HERO IS A VILLAIN! (May ruin your childhood.)

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
  • I didn't realize this until now:P but seriously, the dead Pokemon thing wasn't even confirmed, his Raticate could've just been boxed. I mean, we box our Pokes all the time(lol)and his Raticate could've been one of his boxed ones. Besides, is it our fault we're better than him at battling?(well, it kind of is...)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I wouldn't call your player "evil".

Yeah, sure you usually kick Blue's ass over and over again. However, it's not exactly like you're hunting him down just to battle him over and over again. He usually just pops up out of nowhere at the WORST possible moments, and challenges you to a battle.

And since when is it confirmed that you killed Blue's Rattata? That's just a myth. Usually when you defeat pokemon, they just faint.

It did suck for him when, after you beat him, Oak comes and rubs it in his face. However, is that YOUR fault that he did that? NOPE.

And besides, once the credits are done rolling, Blue's the Champion again anyways.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    There are still people who believe that whole load of "you killed the rival's Raticate" Tauros-plop? Dear lord. If you believe that I've got a truck with a Mew inside it, it'll only cost you a million bucks.

Anyway the entire point of Blue's story is that he only cares about winning and thinks of his Pokemon only as tools, rather than as partners and friends. He's supposed to wake up and realize what's actually important. Not that he did until three years later, but still.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I seem to clearly remember him looking for a Marowak but only finding a Cubone and not going there to bury a supposedly dead Raticate. Besides you can lose the first battle against him and the story still continues. I also seem to remember him trying to weaken me down at the Silph CO. building before I went to fight Giovanni when he could of helped me save the town.
    He seems more like a villain than your character.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • And you never considered that you're also probably ruining the lives of all the little kids who run up to you, saying they want to be the best, then getting metaphorical dirt rubbed in their faces after getting beaten by a brand-new trainer?
    For one, I don't think Gary (or whatever his name was to you in the game) was an orphan. And even if he was, he was a douche either way, shoving you aside to take Eevee and making awful remarks toward you.
    Although, in the series Gary wasn't anything more than bluntly confident. If anything, he was almost sort-of nice, but Ash saw him as competition and wanted nothing more than his downfall. So, yeah, I think we might have been the bad guys, but our rival was pretty bad, too. Plus we beat Team Rocket (or whatever the Gen's team was) every time, so that's a good thing. I think if anything we were just minorly inconsiderate.
    It is a freakin' video game, though, so you can't really scroll past "Yes" and "No" to select "Comforting Words". -_-'

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Wow... Some of you guys sound like douche rival characters. Here I was, truly caring about my team, trying not to let them faint or stay injured, and felt Oak was talking to me personally when he said I won because I cared about my Pokemon. But, here, people are saying things like "Why should it be my fault his Raticate was painfully weak?" and such. Honestly, that sounds like something a douche rival would say. I'm ashamed. I truly am.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    in my opinion, all of these are rival's fault. i use flamethrower, he uses tail whip. he must be more clever, he must target base hp.

Back