• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh no! I forgot to save!

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Basically have you ever spent ages playing a game or done something incredibly difficult only to lose your data through some horrible turn of fate?

On Sunday I spent 7 hours playing KH 358/2 Days because I was determined to finish it after not playing it for quite a while. I didn't save at all in that time. I eventually realised I was on low power and went to get the charger. No it didn't run out on the way there, I closed my DS to save power and when I reopened it the screens had just died on me. They were just black even though the power was still on.

There are not enough palms in the world for my face right now.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    This is more suited to Other Games, so...
    *Moves*

Anyway, I've had this happen to me a number of times. Most recently when I was replaying Pokemon Emerald, I had fought all the trainers in the route between Pacifidlog and Slateport and was on my way to the Pokemon League. Then I put my DS down to respond to someone on MSN or something, then accidentally dropped it when I went to pick it up. The game nudged out slightly and...yeah. Had to do all that again.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I was trying to get my 21st perfect on the DSiWare game Starship Patrol. (God, I love it so hard.) The phone rang and I was asked to get it, so I hit what I thought was the Start button to pause it...and in reality, I hit the power button. I'm still stuck on the 21st level. dksdfsfg. AND IT WAS A CALL CENTRE. >:(

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    this used to happen all the time when i played sims D:
    i'd be playing like alala~ and then the game crashes without me saving ;-;''

this also happened another time with some game i forgot the name of
    i was playing for a while and couldnt figure out how to save and assumed that it auto-saved for you so i just quit it.
    i was wrong D:

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
    Once, when I was playing the original Diablo 2, I had level 63 necromancer. I was extremely proud of him since I maxed out Revive. Later, when I tried to play as him again, all of my hard-earned equipment was gone.

Turns out that my younger sister had a go on it WITHOUT my permission, managed to get my necro killed, and lost all of his items.

You can imagine what I did to my sister when I found out that it was her, being a kid with anger problems. :D

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    This happened alot of times.
    but the most recent was when,I was training my Buneary on Pearl and I was training hard too.
    What i didnt notice is that I had a Red light,so I was saving and It turned off on me :(
    I was so Sad i could have Screamed.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    OMG. FINAL FANTASY.

I love those games, really, but I hate, hate, hate it when I forget to save, and I end up starting hours earlier than where I was before if my team accidentally dies.

Other games have a similar method. Then there's something like Zelda, where it lets you start back at the beginning of the dungeon, area, etc.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Doesn't happen to me that often, but one games that have save points it happens to me a lot ;^;.

I was playing Mario and Luigi 2 days ago and I didn't save an hour worth of gameplay. It sucks when you have to do stuff all over again. Also remember playing Windwaker one day and I haven't saved my progress for over two hours or so and my brother walks through and accidently knocks the pull out the socket. I got so pissed that day.

Games with save anywhere feature I save after every cutscene, boss fight, or even when I get something new in my inventory. You never know when something is going to happen.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Happens to me a lot especially since I play a lot of RPGs. Spend a lot of time level grinding and sometimes I feel a bit too confident to save, and end up regretting it when I somehow end up dying (usually in a cheap way :D)

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    oMg this happens to me but i dont get angry i just "OH WELL IM AN IDIOT"
    But You should see my little brother hes 8 and he forgets to save in platinum he cries!! and my mom asks "why are u crying?" This also happens to him when he loses a lot and hes Like "WHY CANT I BEAT HIM!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS SO HARD!!!"
    THen he cries to. And my mom asks the same question.
    And me when he cries I start Laughing so HARD!!

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Two Words: Fire Emblem.
    I remember not saving when i finished a chapter sometimes, and my gba sp died on me one time, so I had to start from the previous level i already completely -.-

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    A few times, but it's really my fault.

One that haunts me for some reason: I played for around 6 hours on Fallout 3. Went through Evergreen Mills, killed the Behemoth there, traveled many places, finished up a few quests; you know, the usual. As I was adventuring, I come across a bridge. My phone rings as I am walking on it and I turn to answer it. Being stupid, I keep holding forward, and walk off a gaping hole in the side.
    Ugh.
    I knew you could save right before you hit the ground and then load it and it wouldn't kill you, but I hit start too late D:
    I didn't play Fallout 3 for a while after that.

I had a near experience as a kid though, a LONG time ago. I was playing Pokemon Blue on my GBC. As everyone knows, back then the power light didn't turn red if it was running low. It was red all the time. I was in the middle of fighting Erika with my Ivysaur when I was forced to go to bed. I hid my GBC under the couch. I don't know how long the battery life was, but when I woke up it was still on. I finished the battle, got my badge, and saved. Woot, I rock.

Years
    Happens to me a lot especially since I play a lot of RPGs. Spend a lot of time level grinding and sometimes I feel a bit too confident to save, and end up regretting it when I somehow end up dying (usually in a cheap way :D)

That's a big pet peeve of mine that some RPG developers still do.

Anyway, this happened to me the other day while playing Xenosaga Episode 1. I just got through a good chunk of the beginning videos, then the game froze (because my phat PS2 hates reading dual layer games).

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    This happened to me when I was playing Digimon Dusk, and I'm in the part when you have to battle Gaiomon. Forgot to save when my computer suddenly shuts down because of a fatal error.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    This happened few times with NSMBW but now that I have beaten whole game it's no matter do I save or not. I hate that the save button is on menu... I forget saving if I can't see the button.

Years
    Annoys me when games have no "checkpoints" as such and you force you to resume from the last save *glares at Bioware* you forget to save for a couple of hours and then die cause of a silly mistake only to be sent back in time two hours. |:

I tend to be pretty paranoid with saving sometimes though, sometimes saving a game 2 or 3 times just to be sure.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    think thats bad i remember one time i was playing POKEMON diamond and i got so freaking far but i got distracted by nazi zombies that i forgot to save so next thing you know the powers off and i feel like my face got slaped by a ape

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    With me it wasn't really that I forgot to save rather this happened when I WAS saving.

I used to play Burnout Paradise an awful lot of there are these gates you have to hit,and there are 400 of them all over the city. I had smashed 398. I was so happy with myself. I usually useless when it comes to collectibles in games. But not this time.

But while I was playing at a friends house. I turned the game on and went to breakfast (I stayed over the night before) but my friends Dad turned it off not knowing that the game was loading.

When I returned I turned the xbox on. Put in Paradise and began to play "Your save file is corrupt please restart you game now" and there was four months of gaming dropped down the toilet in 4 seconds.

I was'nt really angry I was more kind of "meh,I dont want to start again" needless to say PAradise is now gathering dust.

Morel of this story: Dont leave your game loading with noisy friends Dads. It may end in tears/fatalities

Back