• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh no! I forgot to save!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
  • I remember I was playing Grand Theft Auto IV and I was 5 Pigeons away for 100% Gameplay.
    Then I turned it off and remembered I didn't save...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was raising a Wartortle on Pokemon XD. I sent it as a Squirtle at level 5 and within about 15 or 20 minutes, after fighting badass trainers, I had her around level 50. And for some reason or another, I turned off the Gamecube. I haven't played that file since...nor have I figured out why I did that.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ALL.THE.TIME.

:(
    It hurts when something like that happens.

One time I was playing my Megaman Starforce game..I did new game and made it up to the last part after 4 HOURS. And then my brother came up to me and wanted to try and I let him then he shut it off..

T~T

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I do this so regularly I could cry. :(

I don't know why but I seem to have this thing against saving. Or remembering to save. I can't even blame it on the fact that so many games have an auto-save feature now because, well, I've had this problem since looong before I ever played a title with auto-save. XD; The worst is when you get hours of progress in and then you die and have to reload your file or you just plain turn it off. :( It sucks so hard.

You'd think by now I'd know better and I'd make a point to save often but... nope. 8/

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • I'm always prepared, having my charger beside me and being close to an outlet and I always save, even saving twice. I like playing games with auto save, it let's you forget about saving.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • For all the things I like about the DS Lite, one thing I don't like is the placement of the power switch. I've lost count of how many times I've accidentally hit it while playing games, and how many four letter words have come out of my mouth as a result.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I don't do it often, but my most recent case is probably a couple years back, farming ethers on FFXII for Yiazmat.
    I spent 20 hours farming ethers, I didn't save, went to the bathroom having left the game on pause, thought i'd saved previously and turned off the console cause I was tired.
    Only a minute after did it hit me that I hadn't saved.

mehappy

The Happiest Him
    Years
  • Once when I was playing Pokémon Ruby my friend gave me his cartridge too (So I now had 2 copies).
    Long story short I got them confused and started a new game on my original cartridge X(

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Yeah, I once defeated a difficult hunt on Final Fantasy XII and forgot to save. After celebrating with a glass of juice, I walked back upstairs to find my mother unplugging everything. Her excuse was that I was wasting electricity. The only thing plugged in was my ps2, television, and charger for my Nintendo DS.

There was this other time when I just beat the Pokemon League when my battery ran out. I was so mad after that. This was during my run in Pokemon Firered. It took me forever to beat them again, especially Gary. His Blastoise was the worst.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh, I just remembered another saving instance, but it kinda saved me. I was starting the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time and I saved right when I started, just in case I raised/lowered the water level at the wrong time. But by the time I actually did mess up, I felt like I had accidentally saved at some point in the dungeon and I couldn't remember if I had saved at the beginning of the dungeon because I had left to go eat lunch. So when I came back, I had no clue. I turned off the game, knowing that if I really didn't save, I'd have to get a bunch of heart pieces again.

Lucky for me, I did save at the beginning of the temple. So I guess this isn't forgetting to save, per se...just forgetting if you remembered to save. XD

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • This rarely happens to me, but when I was playing HG, i had my first saving fail. I started the game, and saved A.S.A.P. so I wouldn't lose the file (again). I played up to the first gym without saving. I was saving, but i guess I turned the DS off before it was done for dinner. When i opened it up again to continue, I was furious with my stupidity of erasing the game twice. I had a huge red facepalm mark on my head that was still there in the morning.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
  • Actually, this has never happened to me as I am ultra-secure.

But I HATED it back in the day when I used game boys running on batteries and whilst playing Yellow the battery ran out whilst saving the game causing the game to be deleted! :(

Esmas

General
    Years
  • For sure. This has happened

When I was young and not very bright, I rented Pokémon Ranger. I'd spent the entire week playing it, and for some extremely strange reason, I never shut it off nor saved it, but I did keep my DS charged and ready. And suddenly, though I forget exactly what happened, the game FROZE. I had, what, 40 hours on that game? and not a single save file on it? NO. PLEASE NO.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I always remember to save. What I really hate is when you have to get to specific points in order to save your game, especially when they're very far apart. 30 minutes worth of gameplay between each checkpoint is ridiculous. It was especially irritating when I was younger and my mum would tell me it was time for bed, and I'd be in the middle of a difficult section where the last checkpoint was a long way back. Seriously, how hard is it to put a save option in the menu?
    But at least the autosave/checkpoint feature saves you from losing a lot of time when the game freezes. A game freeze after an hour or two of playing without saving is the worst. Ideally games should combine autosave and the option to save in the menu.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Oooooh dear, this did happen to me !
    Was playing Kingdom Hearts II...After defeating Demyx, and Xaldin and Xigbar. We HAD so many problems killing them, still always forgetting to save lmao xD

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Hmm, I think it might have happened one or two times, but they weren't that bad. I save a good few times while playing a game, especially when I just come to a hard part where I might die or something, and after a hard a part so I won't have to do it again. So, it happens very rarely for me.

Back