• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Oh Noez, Team Galactic!

Do You Like It?

• Total voters

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    Why did they do that? Copyright infringement of my ass.

OH GOD! So they say if Lisa in the Simpsons made up a club called The Sleepover Club that would be an infringment of the stupid gay wannabee show "The Sleepover Club"??? If Homer cooked a sandwich it would be an infringement of "Ready Steady Cook"? NO!

GET REAL!!!

xD you love the simpsons don't you? I'm not sure if the Simpsons have actually had an issue like that...

Years
    I don't really like it, but since they've had Magma and Aqua I suppose they gotta have Rocket and Galactic. Though it would have been better if they kept it Team Galaxy.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I don't really care but I think Galaxy sounds beter. But Galactic is kinda over the top.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    To tell you the truth, I don't care for either name. Same for R/E/S... I didn't care for those teams.

Whatever happened to pure and simply underground Evil like Team Rocket? Do all villains have to have a goal nowadays? Take over the Galaxy, flood the earth, dry it back up again... Team Rocket didn't have an ultimate goal. And if Giovanni did, we never found it out. Which makes it that much creepier. The teams in the newer games are too over-the-top. I say "KISS"... (Keep It Simple, Stupid). And BTW, Giovanni was the coolest villain of the Pokemon series so far. He actually LOOKED like the bad guy. He didn't need a silly costume.

I say bring back Giovanni and Team Rocket!

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    To tell you the truth, I don't care for either name. Same for R/E/S... I didn't care for those teams.

Whatever happened to pure and simply underground Evil like Team Rocket? Do all villains have to have a goal nowadays? Take over the Galaxy, flood the earth, dry it back up again... Team Rocket didn't have an ultimate goal. And if Giovanni did, we never found it out. Which makes it that much creepier. The teams in the newer games are too over-the-top. I say "KISS"... (Keep It Simple, Stupid). And BTW, Giovanni was the coolest villain of the Pokemon series so far. He actually LOOKED like the bad guy. He didn't need a silly costume.

I say bring back Giovanni and Team Rocket!

Team Rocket did have a goal. To take over the world and to abuse pokemon to make a profit. Still I understand what you mean. The classic old school bad guy team. Team Rocket. THey were cool. So cool that they got two game cameos. That is how cool they were.

Still I haven't heard a mission goal from Team Galaxy/Galatic. What do they plan to do? Take over the galaxy? Still yeah. They the bad guys. We thegood guys. We beat the bad guys and become an unsung hero. Same old thing.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Team Rocket did have a goal. To take over the world and to abuse pokemon to make a profit. Still I understand what you mean. The classic old school bad guy team. Team Rocket. THey were cool. So cool that they got two game cameos. That is how cool they were.

Still I haven't heard a mission goal from Team Galaxy/Galatic. What do they plan to do? Take over the galaxy? Still yeah. They the bad guys. We thegood guys. We beat the bad guys and become an unsung hero. Same old thing.

True-ish. I didn't get the "take over the world" vibe from them. They seemed more like just the mafia of the Pokemon World. Aqua and Magma seemed more like the religious fundamentalists of the Pokemon World. LOL, and A/M didn't abuse Pokemon (far as I know). Rocket did, making them more hateful.

And I really hope your Rival in D/P is a lot more villain-like. In Red and Blue he was kind of hateful... a bully. In Silver and Gold, your Rival was just plain vicious, kicking you around and abusing Pokemon himself. Then in Ruby and Sapphire your Rival got a makeover... all nice and cutesy towards you. Your Rival is supposed to be anything BUT your friend, if you ask me.

But eh, I'm sure the game will still be awesome regardless.

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    Meh,Is the same thing Galaxy/Galactic just that galactic means that the person or group is galactic and galaxy means a Galaxy duh,I even don't care about it since the teams names are stupid anyway take example Team Rocket a group of people that wants to take over the world blah blah okay so what Rocket has anything to do with,I leave you with your answer.lol

Years
    even team Space Shuttle Sounds better Xd!! Team Space Shuttle!!! And if there were copyright infringements, then disney wud be gone by now (i wish they were) For copying Hans Christen Anderson and hiz faerietales... = =...
    Galactic sounds like sum iceberg fell on Gaelie = =..

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Well, ya Team Rocket did want to take over the world by using Pokémon but they didn't directly intend to abuse Pokémon as a goal its just to do what they needed to do they needed to use Pokémon and as most some don't want to be used so they inturn had to give them the pain.

As for the name, its no more ridiculous than Team Aqua/Magma and Rocket. All the names are meant to be a bit over the top in some regard. My question is why was Team Rocket called that, I mean they didn't use rockets or whatever where as Team Aqua & Magma's names were based off the Pokémon they worshiped/wanted. And Team Galaxy's/Galactic's members are all named after a planet plus they want to destroy/re-create the Galaxy/Universe which is why there called Team Galaxy.

Still I haven't heard a mission goal from Team Galaxy/Galatic. What do they plan to do? Take over the galaxy?
    Oh and Team Galaxy/Galactic goal is to catch the Pokémon that created the world Dialga of time and Palkia of Space as well as Emrit, Agnome and Yuxie so that their leader Akagi can destroy the universe and rebuild it in his own image with himself as an absolute God. Took that from Bulbapedia so if anyone didn't know there goal there you go.

Last edited:

pigeon-wing

Ninja-kitty! :3
    Years
    I don't really mind; both of the names are pretty similar so it's not that big of a name change for me. My only problem is that all of the other Teams' names consisted of nouns - rocket, magma etc. - and galactic is totally an adjective xD;;;

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    That is one weird plan if i wanted to make a new world i would just fire a nuke at Russia like they did in the Terminator.

And i think that they chose team Rocket because it rymes to make a theme song.

And about the Team Galatic i prefered Galaxy. its ALOT better than Team Snagem and Team Go-Go (i cried in my mind when i saw their name for the first time)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I made a Team called Team Galactic in 2002 for a Pokemon RPG, it is like the Pokemon Company is stealing my ideas or something. First I make up a time and space controlling Pokemon, then this. :(

I also thought of this before I heard of D/P. :shocked:

Back