• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, Say Can You See!

Do you know your national anthem?

• Yes

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
Years
  • I know my country's anthem. We start learning it in the.. kindergarten, as long as I remember. Also, every singleFriday we have to sing it. Such a brain washing.
    Actually, the lyrics are truly beautiful.. such a shame that no one knows it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2008
    I don't even know more than the first two verses...

The anthem just isn't a part of my daily life...or monthly, for that matter. Perhaps a few times a year I hear it.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I do actually remember the Australian national anthem, it's quite memorable.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I remember three out of like... five verses of Australia's full anthem...

Since there is the...

Australians all let us rejoice, Beneath our radiant southern cross, then the one centred on Britain. o_o I blame school.

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
  • ^Why not post it so we can all see it then?
    I really would like to do so, but I don't know how to translate and keep the meanings with their beauty.
    Ok, poetry apart, there are a lot of words that when translated, they might not have such a impact DD:

Every good citizen and students should memorize their Nat. anthem. If you haven't memorized it, then your'e an alien...
    Well, it's nice when you know your country's anthem. It's not just the piece of land where you live.. you're part of a society that had a past. When we know our anthem, we feel more into the spirit, ya know? We feel more citizens than we already are.
    ok, I don't know how to show what I mean Dx

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Not really sure which country is mine, cause i spent 6.5 years in one country (where i was born) and 8.5 years in a different country.

Anyway, i know the US one because that's where i lived longer and had to learn it for school a couple years ago, but now i mostly forgot.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • Oh say can you see? By the dawn's early light. What so proudly we hailed, by the twilight's last gleaming. Somethingsomethingsomething the bombs bursting in air, somethingsomethingsomethingsomethingsomethingsomething.

^That's all I remember.

Back