• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, that's not my music... my little brother must've put that there.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
  • Are there any artists/songs on your ipod/mp3/music player that you're a bit embarrassed/ashamed of.

I know there used to be this court official that every time I'd turn up to file documents, would ask me what I was listening to, I started to feel under pressure to be listening to something I considered 'cool' at the time- even though he was a complete random.

So it got me wondering, do people have music in their itunes that they'd feel kind of awkward about if it suddenly started blaring out of your speakers for other people to judge? I know if I was hanging out with a bunch of friends, playing my ipod on shuffle, and Parkway Drive or Mika started blaring out, after a sweet mix of Metric, San Cisco and Massive Attack.

I think it's more a reflection of how I've changed as a person, that there's so much variation to my itunes.

Essentially, have your tastes in music deviated so ridiculously, that you'd now be embarrassed by some of the stuff hidden in the deep recesses of your music library?

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    • Gloria Gaynor
    • The Powerpuff Girls (I have the theme song on my iPod okay)
    • P!nk
    • Village People
    • Hilary Duff
    • Jesse McCartney

That's just what I have on my iPod, I know I have The Little Mermaid soundtrack somewhere in my iTunes and I'm equally sure I have the entire S Club 7 discography on iTunes too, lol. I'm not particularly ashamed of the artists I listed above, but I know when to not own up to liking them when I'm around certain people, eg: a couple of macho friends of mine who could crucify me if they knew I had Hilary Duff and Julie Andrews on my iPod. But to be fair, I am ashamed of having The Powerpuff Girls theme song on my iPod :( I can't help it, it's so catchy! But I've had to delete it a few times because my friends often go through my music on my iPod (I don't like people knowing what I listen to so I delete any potentionally embarrassing songs before I 'accidentally' leave my iPod unattended so they can satisfy their desires and know what I listen to) and I don't want to see what their reaction to me having The Powerpuff Girls as an artist on my iPod would be. I'm living a lie!

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I have the Powerpuff theme song too...and know all the lyrics...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • There are a few Christian rock songs I have that I like for the music rather than the lyrics but I know people will judge those... but that's about it really. I'm totally comfortable with the rest of my weirdass mix of music. If my MP3 player decides to follow Invisible Touch with the Pokémon Theme or Good Morning Baltimore or Friend Like Me, then that's totally fine. I'm going to jam to all of those tyvm. Feel free to join in.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Everyone in my family know that I like rock and metal music, but once in a while I do listen to some 80's and 90's music (like Jordy, Elastica, Billy Idol, Human League, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Madness, Michael Jackson) don't know why I would get embarrassed if caught listening to that music. I used to love that style of music when GTA Vice City got very popular.

The Pinkie Pie

Party Rocker Pony/Trainer
    Years
  • Oh, I have some songs saved on to my computer like that. It'll go from Metallica to AC/DC to Lynyrd Skynyrd then to Nobuo Uematsu and LMAO. I love my choices in music, and listen to all of it all the time. If someone tells me that video game music sucks, I'll get embarassed for a bit and then go on a rant about how AWESOME Nobuo Uematsu is. (By the way, this actually happened the other day. Songs I listened to that day was For Whom the Bells Toll, TNT, Free Bird, Final Fantasy Main Theme, and then Party Rocker Anthem. It. Was. EPIC!)

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
    • Gloria Gaynor
    • The Powerpuff Girls (I have the theme song on my iPod okay)
    • P!nk
    • Village People
    • Hilary Duff
    • Jesse McCartney

Hahahahahaha, that is great. I have the ghostbusters and round the twist theme songs in my itunes... as well as way too much Rolf Harris - but in my defence, I did not put them there!!

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Are there any artists/songs on your ipod/mp3/music player that you're a bit embarrassed/ashamed of.
    Nope, not at all. There's no shame in liking music that some people would consider to be 'uncool' or 'weird'. I listen to the music I listen to because I like it, not because I'd care what someone else might think about it.

Years
  • I'm not really embarrassed by any of my music per se. But I probably wouldn't go blasting all of Indie music when my parents are in the car. My friends like the type of music I do, so with them it doesn't really matter.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I am not ashamed of any of the music I listen to. I have all types of genres on my 4gb worth of music. I got 60's, 70's, and 80's rock, alternative rock, metal, rap, heavy metal, metalcore, country, death metal, grunge, hard rock, blues, jazz, and 90's music. The only genres I do not have is pop, opera, japanese, etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nah. You can make fun of me all you want for having a Hannah Montana song in my iTunes. I really don't care. And I'll blast just about any song out of my car. Some old guy was staring at me in my car today actually. I guess he doesn't like dubstep.

Actually, most people that look through my phone or iPod are like "wtf syd i went from bob dylan to beyonce to final fantasy to deftones to this french pop **** this is like the most diverse ipod in the world" lol

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Back when I was 12 I listened to High School Musical, not going to lie. I obviously don't any more but I just never got around to deleting it. I do tend to get embarrassed when people find it on my iPod.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I DON'T EVEN CARE, I'M PROUD OF ALL MY MUSIC <3 Yes, I do have JBiebs, Disney songs, the Glee cast (AND I DON'T EVEN WATCH GLEE ANYMORE), NSYNC, The Spice Girls, Hannah Montanna/Miley Cyrus, High School Musical, etc etc etc etc. I have such a large variety on my iPod :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    For your information, I have a couple NOW compilation cd's on my ipod. The're a collection of uk top 40 music aka pop music collab.

I've always strangely liked pop music, mainly due to how catchy it is.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • My brother gives me a lot of music he discovers, which sometimes includes hardcore music of questionable quality. So yeah, sometimes I'll encounter a track that is absurdly opposite of what I actually listen to normally.

I tend to not be embarrassed about it though.

As far as stuff I like goes, I'll have some fruity j-pop right next to my black metal so that makes for a really good transition. I keep my poker face on though, cuz screw the rules I just like music. :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My iPhone is actually very un-reflective of my musical tastes as a whole. Most of my music consumption comes from free-computer stuff like YouTube or Spotify or Grooveshark. If I can't get my music fix from one of those three sources, I'll bite the bullet and download an album off iTunes. Because of this, my iPhone is disproportionally stacked with cast recordings of musicals. I'm not a massive musical theatre fan... but if you looked at my iPhone you'd see a completely different story, with about a quarter of all of the songs coming from cast recordings. I'm not ashamed of them, per se. But I don't like showing my iPhone music off to people, for fear of quizzical looks and stares and whatnot.

Years
  • I have video game music on my iPod, and I'm not ashamed of showing it off. Mainly because some of my friends are gamers themselves. But it feels different having VGM when everyone is off with the mainstream music. Ranges to Final Fantasy to Donkey Kong music. xD

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Majority of my iPod is female K-pop artists. I'm an African American male with dreadlocks.

You can already sense the stares I get.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • My playlist is predominantly K-Pop and my favourite artist is the K-Pop band Girls' Generation. I wouldn't say that I'm ashamed by what I listen to, but it is kinda awkward when people I'm meeting for the first time ask me what kind of music I listen to, considering I'm black as well. XD;

Back