• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, the thinks you can think, V2(OU)

Years
    Oh, the thinks you can think, V3(OU)

Team "Just Think!"

Electric Dynamite (Zapdos) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - U-turn
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    ---
    Switched this guy over Celery because he's got more offensive power and is a better revenge killer. HP[Grass] over [Ice] as Latias can better handle dragons. He's a nice opener because he'll usually be able to take out common leads like Metagross, Swampert, and the like. If he can't handle the lead; then U-turn out.

Madkip (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock
    ---
    Provides needed phazing as I don't really have a taunter to stop setups. Sets up rocks, which I kind of needed. Provides a nice fire resistance as I didn't have one. Earthquake and Ice Beam actually provide nice coverage- if I'm not a complete idiot and missed a bunch of types while thinking about it.

Fisticuffs (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Brick Break
    - Bullet Punch
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance
    ---
    Can come in on non-thunder wave Blissey and set up. Or any other pokemon that can't hurt him significantly enough to make Roost useless. If I recall, Scizor isn't really stopped by anything besides Cresselia, which does worry me. I would add X-Scissor but all of the other moves seem much more valuable.

Joker (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/212 Def/4 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dynamicpunch
    - Payback
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    ---
    Counter Blissey, Weavile, Rotom appliances, and Dusknoir. Should check Mixape. It takes status better than Celery does, and Takes Blissey's toxics or thunder-waves thanks to ResTalk. I went for more bulk over attack because well, I wanted more bulk. 4 speed EV's allow me to outspeed Blissey--if I recall. I think it also counters Psycho Shift Latias and Mamoswine, does it?

JetStream (Latias) (F) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Trick
    - Dragon Pulse
    ---
    Counters Mixape and serves as a general revenge killer with Specs on. Dragon pulse for late game STAB sweeping. Acts as an offensive supporter in that it destroys as much as it can, then cripples one of the opponent's pokemon by tricking off specs.

Disco Duck (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave
    ---
    Counters most Gyarados, Salamence, and Heatran. Provides much appreciated paralysis support, as well as countering Yanmega's that don't run HP[Fight]. Boltbeam provides nice coverage. Should revenge kill Jolly CB Dugtrio?
    ====
    Updates:
    Switched in Latias over Blissey for better offense and wish support.
    Switched in Rotom-W over Rotom-S for it's hydro pump and better ability to Dual Screen.
    Switched in Machamp over Lucario as Luc was just dead weight and Machamp counters T-wave Bliss.
    Switched in Swampert over Rotom-W for needed phazing and rocks support.
    Switched Zapdos over Celebi for more power and better typing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    If a Mix DD Kingdra gets a DD in, then you are down. It outspeeds Latias by tons. Celebi's Leaf Storm only does 69.07% - 81.10% to a no HP or SpD EV Kingdra. If Porygon2 survives the hit and TWaves back, you win. :P Plus, you don't have SR, so it won't go down easy. Sorry for the quick rate, gtg. I will probably come back later if I see another problem.

Years
    I've not really had an issue with DD Kingdra before, but I suppose that's because I've only run into it once or twice. Suggestions as to counter it while not making my team suck in the process?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Nvm, I was rushing and I forgot Rotom-Wash was there. :P It handles it by screening then switching so the others don't receive much damage. So, no you don't have a Kingdra weak, lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Wish or Trick on Latias needs to go from Dragon Pulse. Obviously it isn't beating anything Draco isn't, but it's absolutely necessary for late game sweeps and a more reliable STAB attack. It's your call which you want to get rid of since they both have their uses.

Also, about Kingdra, Porygon2 Thunder Waves any Kingdra lacking Substitute, so you should be okay. The Sub ones will cause problems, but there's a reason nobody uses Substitute Kingdra, lol.

Years
    That lead is quite... lacking.
    Azelf suicide leads have an easy time, considering they taunt first to prevent the trick, then proceed to set up rocks and explode. Aero leads do pretty much the same thing, getting at least rocks up before dying.
    Another thing, you seem to be worried sick about Rhyperior. Don't be. It's as slow as tar and just as useful (unless it's a trick room team).
    Just a minor point.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Azelf suicide leads have an easy time, considering they taunt first to prevent the trick, then proceed to set up rocks and explode. Aero leads do pretty much the same thing, getting at least rocks up before dying.

Then they are locked into one move because of scarf which you get off first due to being faster.

Team lacks Stealth Rock, needs more of it on Celebi. Probably >> HP ice.

In addition, you have a severe Blissey weakness (Im not even kidding) One with Thunderwave/Flamethrower/Softboiled/S-Toss pretty much 6-0's you. In addition nothing can take said t-waves from ANYTHING.

One physcial sweeper really isnt gonna work, so yeah you need more physcial power here.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Another thing, you seem to be worried sick about Rhyperior. Don't be. It's as slow as tar and just as useful (unless it's a trick room team).
    Just a minor point.

Actually with Choice Scarf it outruns both of them. It's actually an effectively way of shutting down Suicide Leads.

EDIT: I hate you D_A.

Back