• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Oh, you actively listen to LMFAO? Suddenly I think a lot less of you..."

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
Years
  • I feel that I have a powerful hatred for One Direction. Their music is so overrated, and they're basically Justin Bieber times 5

CrystalWolf

1337 Haxorzx Spritez
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Nicki Minaj is just awful. Drivel and just splurges of random made up words come out of her mouth. It's just so awful.
    Justin Bieber is rather annoying. His music in my opinion is emotionless. He hasn't experienced life to talk about what he talks about.
    Lady Gaga is also annoying. She sometimes seems to just be a attention seeker. Looking for a new for people to look at her.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I don't really know much about new music these days. I used to listen to Lady Gaga's songs but now, never, her music has gone bad for me. I can't stand listening to LMFAO, Justin Bieber, Kesha, Nicki, and Pitbull their music is just terrible and annoying. Their music is just noise I can't understand the whole thing.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If I had to pick an artist, I guess I'd probably go with Nicki Minaj because her music just doesn't appeal to me at all and I find her rapping voice really annoying. Most other songs, even mainstream ones by artists that bother me immensely (Ke$ha, for one) I can understand the appeal to. I get them stuck in my head often enough and I can't really judge people for finding the music catchy and seeking it out but since I just don't understand the underlying appeal of any of Minaj's music, I don't understand how/why people like her. I also don't like her physical style. Her music videos always make me uncomfortable to watch. I have no idea why. To each his own, however, so I won't really think any less of people who obviously just have different taste from me.

But I guess the only artist I can really think of that I will secretly judge people for listening to is Chris Brown because I find it a little abhorrent that he is still successful and well-liked despite his actions. :( Even if he has catchy music (I wouldn't know, I can't even think of any songs of his off the top of my head), hearing about what he's done just makes me so uncomfortable and I know that anyone who listens to his music supports him in some way (even unintentionally) which continues to send the message that it's okay for him to do what he's done. So I guess I'll make him my answer. (I don't even know the extent of what he's done, which is probably silly of me, but I do know I've seen and heard girls make remarks like "I'd let him hit me any day!" which just makes me so uncomfortable and I don't want anyone to even slightly let a message like that perpetuate.)

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I absolutely despise Drake. Every time I log on to Facebook there are about 20 pictures of Drake, with a quote he never even said pasted over it. It's at the point where I've resorted to making joke ones by taking pictures of him from Google, slapping them on to MS Paint and adding random stuff to it like "LOL, you actually believe I said that" and "Oops, farted again" and more that nobody here will understand because LOL Scottish dialect.
    The whole YOLO thing is annoying too. It clearly stands for "You Obviously Lack Originality"...

Oh and Nicki Minaj too...a lot of people say she has a nice ass...personally I think it looks like a pair of massive inflated beach balls...

Years
  • I hate people who listen to just one type of music, especially rap. I know a few people who do this and their personality is affected by the music they listen to and more so if they listen to it a lot. With rap, people seem more 'street' and start talking slang. Also, when you're listening with them they'll always start complaining if it isn't rap and you can't listen to the songs you like. Effectively, people's personalities change most of the time depending on what music they specifically listen to and how much they listen to it, but not so much with music like 'Classic' and such...

Years
  • Justin Bieber. I just dont understand why you would listen to his trash. I know its probably because he's 'OMG HOTTTT'. But still, he has no talent. None.

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • I don´t understand why no one mentioned David Guetta yet... That´s about the most mindless "music" I´ve ever heard. people worship him as a genius when he doesn´t do ANYTHING, other than get popular people to sing for him.
    A friend once told me that he mixes the music on the stage, when he plays live, but WHO is able to mix music if one of his hands is constantly thrown in the air, and the other one following every ten seconds?

I absolutely detest him and his noise...

Years
  • I don't like crunkcore, such as Blood on the dancefloor, BrokenCYDE, dot dot curve, abandon all ships, attack attack, asking alexandria, 3oh!3, the medic droid.... i can go on forever.

I dont like justin beiber, one direction, nicki minaj, lil wayne or any of the other artists that are constantly played on the radio. I can't stand any kind of dubstep either.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • -snip-

But I guess the only artist I can really think of that I will secretly judge people for listening to is Chris Brown because I find it a little abhorrent that he is still successful and well-liked despite his actions. :( Even if he has catchy music (I wouldn't know, I can't even think of any songs of his off the top of my head), hearing about what he's done just makes me so uncomfortable and I know that anyone who listens to his music supports him in some way (even unintentionally) which continues to send the message that it's okay for him to do what he's done. So I guess I'll make him my answer. (I don't even know the extent of what he's done, which is probably silly of me, but I do know I've seen and heard girls make remarks like "I'd let him hit me any day!" which just makes me so uncomfortable and I don't want anyone to even slightly let a message like that perpetuate.)
    I would just like to point out your last point that you shouldn't believe what everyone says about that whole Chris Brown situation. There is a back story to the whole reason why he ended up hitting Rihanna (I don't want to go into detail as it may derail the thread) and, while hitting a girl isn't justified by any means whatsoever, it may bring a different outlook into the situation for you and you may even forgive Brown. It's quite an interesting topic to read into.

As for the main thread: I don't really appreciate a lot of main stream music. While I don't really like to judge artists because they tend to put out a mixture of good and bad content, there are a couple that put me off. Namely Drake and Lil' Wayne. The latter because I really don't like his attitude - he comes off as a very arrogant artist and I don't understand what people see and appreciate in his music. The former because he can't rap and he's, apparently, a rapper.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm gonna go ahead and append Skrillex to my list. Had the misfortune of being in the festival grounds during his concert last night and it was horrible. I can't really judge people for liking his music because while it didn't appeal to me in the slightest, I can understand that some people do like it. What I don't get is why so many people paid to see him live. The speakers were way too freaking loud (compared to other artists I'd seen on the same stage) and the only "appeal" to the show itself that I could see was the spastic light show that happened behind him which was actually kind of awful because it was distracting from such a large distance. Otherwise, he just stood there waving his arms around and headbanging while doing absolutely nothing. I didn't even see him touching his DJ pad (or whatever you call it) much at all during the music so as far as I know he just hit play, cranked the sound, and then blinded everyone in the vicinity with the light show.

It was annoying because you could faintly hear the music (what, honestly, sounded just like noise at such a volume) over the bands playing the smaller stages and in-between songs, you could barely hear the band members speaking into the microphone ._.; So not only did the Skrillex concert seem unnecessary (you were hearing the EXACT same song you'd hear on his CD or whatever, just jacked up to volumes that makes it, imo, unenjoyable and literally painful to the eardrums) but it was messing with the enjoyment of everyone at the other stages. If it had been a really loud band playing live music to the point where it was messing with the other stage, I probably wouldn't be as annoyed but I never saw Skrillex do anything while standing in the beer lines forced to watch so either I totally missed something or my definition of live concert is outdated. So now I will probably forever silently judge people who listen to Skrillex, and super-judge the people who go to his concerts. :P

I would just like to point out your last point that you shouldn't believe what everyone says about that whole Chris Brown situation. There is a back story to the whole reason why he ended up hitting Rihanna (I don't want to go into detail as it may derail the thread) and, while hitting a girl isn't justified by any means whatsoever, it may bring a different outlook into the situation for you and you may even forgive Brown. It's quite an interesting topic to read into.
    I think I remember quickly googling the incident in the hopes of finding out that there had been some sort of revelation about everything in the months that I hadn't been paying attention to media outlets but there were no obvious articles describing what you said. Could you point one to me? I hate to be ignorant on something I feel strongly about. :/

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I don't like people who listen to rap...

...they have this "swag" theme going around that makes me want to punch them right in the crotchal area.People like you make me sad.
    That's one hell of a generalisation right there.

What about all the people you see who don't have any swag at all? How do you know they don't like hip-hop/gangster rap/etc?

As for the actual question, there's a few, but Skrillex definitely comes out on top.

I actually like parts of his songs, certain sounds he uses and even two entire tracks of his (Reptile and Challenger/Pop Dance)
    Anything he does that I do like though is ruined by the unrelenting repetition of it all.

I can't get along with someone as well if I see them praising this guy as some kind of musical genius. He makes a track about a minute long and loops it 3 times to flesh it out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I can't believe how many of you dislike my favourite artists... Skrillex, One Direction, LMFAO, Rizzle Kicks. I don't really know how you can like someone less for it, but I still don't like Justin Bieber fanatics.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I used to be a huge Lil Wayne fan but I kind of feel like just doesn't rap as good as he used too. His mixtapes are almost always better then his albums. I used to be a fan of Nicki Minja but she has started to get on my nerves. Waka Flocka only because most his songs only for getting hype. I can't stand Gucci Mane ugh don't even get me started on him.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I really can't stand any Nickelodeon or Disney singers. I mean it's like those companies are a star factory that just produce one singer after another without one being memorable. I also can't stand rap. I just don't like how autotuned and edited it is with all the meaningless lyrics about sex and drugs. Basically anything that's "popular" today.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
    Years
  • I cannot stand Kanye West or Lil Wayne. They are jerks, and I refuse to listen to any of their music.
    Also, people who listen to that screamo-metal-whatever you want to call it music is just ear rape. I cannot stand that type of music.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I cannot stand when someone says they like Nickelback. I can tolerate a lot of things, but I can't tolerate that band. I understand that lots of genres have music I don't particularly care for, but I can see some modicum of skill in a lot of it... but Nickelback. Nah. No thank you. See you next Christmas. I'm out of here.

Back