• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: ok stop i didmt asked about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    If you want an iced coffee, Macdonald's is the way to go right now as their Mediums are 1.05$ after tax.

Otherwise, I prefer Starbucks for the quality, Tim's for the price. Anything I want at Starbucks costs 5.65$. Tim's? An XL French Vanilla is 2.64$. I can get two of those or one Starbucks. When you have a constrained budget, the choice is simple(!).

Am trying to avoid sugared drinks, though. It's the absolute worst way to ingest your calories.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I mostly just drink only the tappiest of water and occasionally some apple juice.
    Am trying to avoid sugared drinks, though. It's the absolute worst way to ingest your calories.
    So for you that means tea and water only?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I mostly just drink only the tappiest of water and occasionally some apple juice.

So for you that means tea and water only?

I drink sugar-free zero-calorie iced coffees from McDonald's, if anything.

I can't vouch for the sodium, though. Not sure what that looks like in this case ☺ but it is better than the 30g+ of sugar I'd consume with an iced cap or a French Vanilla.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I live for Starbucks. All day every day. There's one nearby my house, and one nearby my school. It's literally everywhere lmao.

free iced water ftw tho

You know... I have to ask: From someone who moved from SoCal, does Houston still feel a bit weird, or have you gotten accustomed to the culture by now?

It does, honestly...after being here for a year. I went back to California recently to get back in touch with my roots, and my family were amazed at the stuff I've been doing with my boyfriend and his family, like eating more barbecue than ever, as well as learning more about how Mexican food is different here than over there (and honestly I prefer the food in California...it's so much better, and he disagree lmao). I'm now getting a taste of Texas Country Life at the current place I'm living right now, and it's amazing to see smaller roads, tractors on highways, businesses closed on Sunday due to church services...like...it's a whole different world out here.

Thanks to my boyfriend and his mom, I have gained a bit of a Texas accent but I still talk like a Californian. lmao.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    so is it true that there are stereotypical texans out there with cowboy boots hats and all the getup and they be all "sup, partner"

i mean i suppose that applies for rural texas but still!!

Thankfully my bf and his family are not one of them, but there are a ton of people like that, actually! It's actually pretty cool. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was told that we got neighbors who are pro-gun, which scares me a little coming from a state where guns are illegal. But they are friendly neighbors and they trust us.

Other than that, no neighbors with chainsaws here...so far. lmao.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I don't understand pro-gun advocates at all.... America has a significantly higher gun crime rate than any other country in the world. Do they think that's just a magical coincidence and totally unrelated to the fact that it's one of the only countries with very weak gun control?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't understand pro-gun advocates at all.... America has a significantly higher gun crime rate than any other country in the world. Do they think that's just a magical coincidence and totally unrelated to the fact that it's one of the only countries with very weak gun control?
    It's called fighting fire with fire. Most of them are even aware that owning guns doesn't solve the problem beneath the surface. However, their reasoning usually goes that if the US got rid of weapons, criminals would find different ways to obtain new guns.

Imo a stupid argument, because of course they will try to get weapons from somewhere else. I mean, they are criminals afterall.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back