• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Okay, what do you NOT like about the main series?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    More stringent gambling regulations are the reasons why Voltorb Flip exists and Unova has no Game Corner whatsoever.

Don't blame them for things out of their hands.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    It would be nice to have both a 'friendly' rival who you grew up with, etc. and then another neighbor or someone like Gary/Silver who's just snobby/arrogant/full of themselves and has always disliked you for whatever reason or something. A mix of both would be interesting.

I can see where you are coming from, but I think I am just so sick of the friendly rival bullcrap that I would love to see some old Gary/Silver comeback. I kind of like it when my rival insults me and my Pokemon, because it makes me feel challenged and come at them with all I've got. When my rival is nice to me, I feel terrible for smashing his face into the ground. lol.

I would like your friendly rival to be your friend, but not really your rival. I want your rival to be someone who absolutely hates and spits on the ground you walk on. Gotta love those guys!

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    ^
    Of course, I don't want random Youngsters and Lasses to make it through the Elite Four...

Youngster Joey and his top percentage Ratata will be waiting for you.

but yeah it dose get very old to just beat the same guys over and over again. Despite how much of a fanboy I can be for the elite 4 sometimes

Also making them a little more grown up would be really nice. Ether Someone needs to die or someone needs to get laid :V

Last edited:

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
    this game is so cut and paste.........get a pokemon, beat gym leaders, defeat evil team bent on world domination along the way, beat rival/rivals, defeat elite four and champion, and repeat, there isint enough distracting stuff to do in that plot, plus i think an option to actually JOIN said evil team and elp take over the world would be an awesome change of pace, like a real RPG Game.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    this game is so cut and paste.........get a pokemon, beat gym leaders, defeat evil team bent on world domination along the way, beat rival/rivals, defeat elite four and champion, and repeat, there isint enough distracting stuff to do in that plot, plus i think an option to actually JOIN said evil team and elp take over the world would be an awesome change of pace, like a real RPG Game.

That would make things really interesting, and may be more possible now that the 3DS is a lot more powerful than the DS.

I dont have a problem with the Pokemon franchize other than the fact that gamefreak made too many legendary Pokemon in both Hoenn and Sinnoh.

:t354:TG

Yeah, does seem like a little too many Legendaries are being introduced. Imo, each game should have like maybe 4-5 on average.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Something I just thought of. I wish the games would interact more with the idea of having captured or not captured the Legends.

For people who don't know what I mean let me explain it this way;
    As we saw in Black/White, the Legendary pokemon played a rather large pivotal point in the game. However I would love to see them take this to the next step, but try and do it with all the Legendary pokemon. The Legends should serve a storyline in the game and also should change the interactions and story based on your actions with the Legends.

Example, You caught a particular Legend, maybe people start acting different towards you, "Oh you seem to have the protection of Jirachi upon you, here is a present to wish good luck upon Jirachi." That could be an interaction with a random stranger who knows you have your Jirachi with you.

Or while the storyline goes on, you have caught your legend and a storyline opens up where you have to complete a particular set of story tasks to please the Legend as your pokemon. (The Celebi storyline was like this.) However this can go the other way as well, lets say there is that one legend that got away, and you just didn't care about missing out on that Legend. Then a new storyline opens up about what happened to the Legend or what it went off to do. Possibly this could be fun where if you miss out on a Legend your compensated with a mini story that allows you to get a special item instead that would otherwise be unobtainable.

Basically what I'm asking for is more variety, and more choices as to what you can do in the game.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Other than the EPICFAIL protagonist characters in every Gen, except maybe Gen IV, I have no problems. Sure, the Pokémon are a little weirder in the more recent Gens, but I have nothing to complain about.
    Seriously, some of the people here need to stop whining! No offense, really, but Pokémon was created the way is was created. The only changes have been to make the graphics and gameplay better. If you became a big enough fan when you first started playing to find a Pokémon forum website, then why would you want it to change it?

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    What I hate about Pokemon (Same opinion as other people, mind you) is that the fanbase isn't really good, just like the Maple Story fanbase. Everyone isn't always happy with any content they're being thrown at.

For example: When Nexon were to release the Jump update, they only updated Warriors, Magicians, and Bowmen. Thieves and Pirates were neglected. That angered a lot of people if they made Thief classes such as Night Lords, Shadowers, Night Walkers, and Dual Blades (They should have been a Thief Legend instead of an Adventurer), and Pirate classes such as Captains, Vipers, Strikers, and Mechanics. Yeah, I have to say this. That was a stupid decision for Nexon NOT to update Thieves and Pirates.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my rant about the Pokemon fanbase and comparison between this and the Maple Story fanbase.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I despise Events. I hate how once you miss them, they're gone forever. Where the hell am I supposed to get a Victini NOW?

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I despise Events. I hate how once you miss them, they're gone forever. Where the hell am I supposed to get a Victini NOW?

Well it is a little upsetting if you reset a game or such, forgetting at that moment that you'll lose any event pokes(unless you trade em first), but overall they are a lot better than they used to be.

Right now, as long as you have access to WiFi, you have a chance to obtain event Pokemon. It was a lot worse when you actually had to attend events. Sure they were fun if you went, but people very far away were pretty much left without a chance(namely some of the younger players who understood the concept, yet had no way to get to said events).

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    The "storylines", and how kid-orientated the games are.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'm perfectly fine with what the franchise is doing, although I am not pleased with some of the designs released, it's just simply not looking Pokemon-ish at all, like the original ones in Kanto, Johto & Hoenn, not to mention Sinnoh. XD;

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My only issue is the fan base. It seems to be even more stingy that the Sonic fan base, which is usually regarded as the worst fan base out there.

Back