• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] ★The New Users' Hangout★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

Hello, name's CarcharOdin, but you can also call me Tyler. Just signed up here, so if you want to know some things about me, just ask.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hello, name's CarcharOdin, but you can also call me Tyler. Just signed up here, so if you want to know some things about me, just ask.

Brilliant, welcome to the forum Tyler! So obvious question; what's your favourite Pokemon? ^^ I suggest you make a welcome thread so we can get to know you a bit better and then we'll know what to ask! c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hello, name's CarcharOdin, but you can also call me Tyler. Just signed up here, so if you want to know some things about me, just ask.

Great to see ya here, Tyler! :3

I'll wait for you to answer OzCake's question, because that was what I was meaning to ask myself as well. :D And you just signed up, which is super awesome. :D

Sir Codin

My favorite Pokemon are listed in my profile, but if I had to pick a favorite I'd say Charizard simply because I coveted that Pokemon card so much in my youth (oh, how I miss it).

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    Hey Guys I'm new here
    Sounds like a nice place, I'm always up for a chat or something, help ideas, I know it's wrong spot but any support wanted for hacks I can try to give but I'm still training

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    New here, just looking to learn some more of the ins and outs of the games I already love.

Hey Guys I'm new here
    Sounds like a nice place, I'm always up for a chat or something, help ideas, I know it's wrong spot but any support wanted for hacks I can try to give but I'm still training

Hey guys, wassup? MidnightShine here. Havin' fun at PC? Always remember to follow rules here. If you guys wanna chat, VM/Pm me. I promise that I don't bite. Also, if you need help in some parts of ROM hacking, you can also contact me. See ya, guys.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey Guys I'm new here

It's fine, as long as you don't list or go tl;dr about them. :D Welcome! :3

Ahhh, those glory days when I was into ROM Hacking...can't believe it's been two years ago :|

Years
  • Hope all you new members have been enjoying browsing around so far. :D And yep, Zoarark, there's a lot of nice people here! It's one of the many reasons why I come online daily.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    hello there my name is jemdude I will be making reguler posts hope you are friendly

Jemdude

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • hey im new nice to know friendly people are here.

hello there my name is jemdude I will be making reguler posts hope you are friendly

Jemdude

Hey there, you guys! Glad to see you two breaking the ice and joining us! :3 I hope you guys have a wonderful time. :D There's a ton of people that are friendly like Cirno mentioned. So, you'll get acquainted in nooo time. :3

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    I'm new also! Nice to meet you all.

Do we have any Old School gamers here? I've been gaming for many years, and still a hardcore gamer at heart!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Old school game myself here! :3 I adore the 2nd generation games, especially silver. I still own the physical copy...just that it needs a game boy XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    I used to own a GBA, GBC and regular GB. I even (ashamedly) owned a Game Gear for a bit. I didn't take to it too much, and eventually got rid of it. I now own a PSP and am working on a 2nd DS.

I think i've owned 12-13 consoles or so, let's see. This is just a quick list.
    - Intelevision
    - Colecovision w/ Atari Adaption Module
    - NES/SNES/N64/Wii
    - PS 1/2
    - Bet you never heard of this one, I owned a Jaguar system
    - Philips CDi (Bought from a friend, wasnt that interesting, but very realistic)
    - Virtual Boy (Hated it, made me nauseous)
    - Xbox 1 and currently own a 360
    - Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn and Sega CD. I miss the Gen and CD! They had some great games for their time!

and that's about it.

As for Pokemon games, I've only played FR/LG, DPP and Now Black. I will eventually play White and of course B2W2.

I've also been a hardcore PC Gamer since 1997. And now MAINLY only PC Game.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I saw an NES and an SNES at the flea market today! They were 50 and 40 bucks respectively though so I didn't go for them. It would be nice to have but not for that much. I don't think they even made Pokemon games for either of those, right? Haha xD;

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Not that i can remember. Trying to remember when it first came out

andddddddddddddd Nope! With a quick google search, it appears they first came out on Game Boy in 1996. Still, either way! They were great back then, and are now!

And everytime i've seen an NES or SNES at the flea market or somewhere. They always want 40-50 also. I guess it's for collectible reasons or what not. I dont know

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^oh my god. the flea market people that sell old gaming consoles want big money for them. Like this one time, I saw a SNES, and they want it for $120. I'm like.......you gotta be kidding me. It's not even brand new. lol

I need more games for the 360 though. I have Mass Effect 2 and Call of Duty. /scours around the VG forum

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    OMG have you tried ME3 yet????? *Droooooooool* Looks to be a FANTASTIC game!

And yea, those "Dealers" at the flea market!!! GRRRRRR! I Swear they all wanna get rich selling there junk.. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do though, right?

Cid

Years
  • Mass Effect 3! Now that's a game I want to try out someday. Not entirely a genre I prefer but it's still awesome-looking.

Right. SNES for $120? Talk about unreasonable. But I know at least someone who's got the grand (and the unforgivable need to buy an SNES) would pay for that much.

A late welcome to the forums, Chris!
    You have the same nickname as I (that is, irl), although I have two first names.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Thank you very much, Cid! Nice to meet you!

Chris is my real name :) I am Poke Viper on the online server.

Yea, ME3 looks great! Part 1 was phenomenal. 2 was pretty good too. Bioware usually makes good stuff, even though it seems they didnt do to well with SWTOR. But either way.

I'd never pay $120 for any old school system. I might pay $120 for a used 360 or something. But surely not a Nintendo of ANY kind! Even a Wii!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back