• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old Chateau: Ghosts and Ghost types

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
Years
  • I'm replaying Diamond and today (I forget where) online, I read that Haunter appears in Old Chateau. I also read there is a ghost of an Old Woman too, along with the Little Girl and Butler. The thing that gave me a feeling of fright and anticipation, is that you can find a Gengar, and that picture with red, observing eyes has a purpose. The question is: Is there a ghost of an Old Woman, does Gengar really appear, and do you need a GBA Cartridge to find it? I want to find that Gengar.
    This seemed like the right forum.

Years
  • There's no old woman, but there's a butler and a little girl, the former appearing in the dining hall, the latter in one of the bedrooms. To get gengar, you need to insert either Fire Red or Leaf Green in your GBA Game slot, and go to the top floor, with the bedrooms, it may take a while to find, however, since Gengar only has a 4% encounter rate.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    It took me really long to find the Gengar. But I also have friends and Wifi to trade with people to evolve my Haunter.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It took me really long to find the Gengar. But I also have friends and Wifi to trade with people to evolve my Haunter.

I got so fed up with the Gengar's 4% chance of appearing that I had no other choice but to bring in from my Pokemon Emerald. I don't think Pokemon that are extremely rare to find are worth trying to find when you have other methods. It can't be worse than the 5th Generation Pokemon percentages in certain places (not that I should be mentioning it here but its the truth).

:t354:TG

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I never bothered with trying to find Gengar. Much easier trading over one from another game anyway.

I believe I've seen both the butler and the little girl in there. And I go in there quite a bit since that place is awesome for Special Attack EV training.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I inserted my FireRed in hopes for a Gengar a few years ago, thinking they were as common as a Gastly in there. Then I eventually gave up. I had another DS to trade to anyway. But now I know why I couldn't find it. XD

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I dont remember Gengar being so rare on my case. Though they're useful if you've nobody to trade with. But yes, I generally just trade with myself if im in need of one the old school way

Jirachel

You steal my apples, you die.
    Years
  • I actually didn't know that you could find Gengar in there! If I still had my DS Lite, I'd plug in my FireRed and try that out (I'm a patient child, I think I can handle walking around for a while). The biggest thing for me in the Old Chateau is probably Rotom. That would probably be the only reason I'd stop by there in the first place.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I never bothered looking for Gengar in the Old Chateau, but I was freaked out when I saw the ghosts of the butler and the little girl.

Back