• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old Chateau Mysteries

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I've always just gone there to EV train Spc. Attack. I thought the ghosts had stories but I couldn't find any theories. I thought people dead there could have been related to Gardenia because she goes there a lot.

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
    Now I have the answer to your question.

The picture: The picture is a picture/painting of Giratina, and of course, when you get close to it, its eyes shut. When you step further away from it, it's eyes close. The reason for this is to make the mansion seem even spookier.

The items in the rubbish bin: You can find 2 or more items in the rubbish bin, an antidote and a great ball. Yeah, why are they here? Because you can find items lying in any house in sinnoh's rubbish bins.

The little girl: A ghost? A living thing? Either way, think carefully about what she is saying. The old Cheateu is "old" and was probably there centuries ago. So why would she know Gardenia, when Gardenia is very young and wouldnt have been there centuries ago. I know the girl is not a ghost.

Ghosts: The ghosts that roam the mansion are just there to spook you, and make the game more interesting.

The television: The television is in a room in the mansion, and when you click on it, it says that its got very bad reception. After you beat the elite 4, you can go back to the television and click it once more. This time a wild pokemon will appear, Rotom. The reason legendary music is playing is because there is only one rotom in the game.

Spooky Music: The music is played in the Cheateu to make it seem old and eerie. I have always been spooked by it.

Why is it there: The Cheateu is there for entertainment, an extra feature to the game. So if you beat and clock the game, it is there to explore and is a mystery never to be solved.

Also, that girl with green hair asks you to guide her past the Old Cheateu. Reason being is because she might be related to somebody in the old Cheateu and is scared that whatever happened to the others might happen to her.
    Hope I gave you a detailed answer! :P

Years
    Absolutely interesting theory Ebony! I didn't think of the green-haired girl, Cheryl, was it? She has healing and Psychic Pokemon, all the more reason to be afraid as Psychic's weak to Ghost. But Gardenia has NO connection whatsoever to OC, she's just being a normal human by being spooked out by the horror tales. The person in reference to thee mystery is the one and only Mister Backlot and his lapdog Butler aka the Murderer.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Now I have the answer to your question.

The picture: The picture is a picture/painting of Giratina, and of course, when you get close to it, its eyes shut. When you step further away from it, it's eyes close. The reason for this is to make the mansion seem even spookier.
    Um... I don't see it being Giratina. It looks more like Gengar, but to me it always looked like purple R.O.B's head from SSBB. :P

The items in the rubbish bin: You can find 2 or more items in the rubbish bin, an antidote and a great ball. Yeah, why are they here? Because you can find items lying in any house in sinnoh's rubbish bins
    .Wow, you just ruined the whole idea of the Old Chateau being special...

The little girl: A ghost? A living thing? Either way, think carefully about what she is saying. The old Cheateu is "old" and was probably there centuries ago. So why would she know Gardenia, when Gardenia is very young and wouldnt have been there centuries ago. I know the girl is not a ghost.
    Hmm... Maybe. But how do you know? Did Nintendo/GF walk up to you and tell you? I don't see any reason for an innocent normal little girl roaming a haunted Old Mansion... >_>

The television: The television is in a room in the mansion, and when you click on it, it says that its got very bad reception. After you beat the elite 4, you can go back to the television and click it once more. This time a wild pokemon will appear, Rotom. The reason legendary music is playing is because there is only one rotom in the game.
    I agree with you here. But might i add that you can also see rotom in platinum before beating the Elite 4?

Ghosts: The ghosts that roam the mansion are just there to spook you, and make the game more interesting.
    Yeah, but i also expect some kind of interesting backstory from them. I doubt they are just there...

Spooky Music: The music is played in the Cheateu to make it seem old and eerie. I have always been spooked by it.
    Of Course.

Why is it there: The Cheateu is there for entertainment, an extra feature to the game. So if you beat and clock the game, it is there to explore and is a mystery never to be solved
    Mhmmm.

Also, that girl with green hair asks you to guide her past the Old Cheateu. Reason being is because she might be related to somebody in the old Cheateu and is scared that whatever happened to the others might happen to her.
    Wow, i never thought that Cheryyl could have some relation to the Old chateau, that's a good theory.

Overall, I understand what you are trying to say, but your theory has some holes in it...

ShinyZoruaGirl

Crazy Rowdyruff Boys Fangirl!
    Years
    I think that there's those eye holes in that picture, and when you see the red eyes, a POKeMON maybe looks through them and tries to freak you out, but it's scared that you'll capture it.
    TV: Did anyone think of the ring when the TV was flashing on and off? I did. I think the TV was haunted by the ROTOM. But, I guess it could be haunted by a girl. THEY'RE HERE!
    Ghosts: There has to be a backstory. I don't know if anyone in the game is related to these ghostly folks, but I know they're not just there or they're just POKeMON trying to scare you. I know there's something up with them.
    The Girl: I think she got "killed" in her room. That empty space has to be her room. I mean, if I were a ghost, I would stay in my room, eh?
    Trash Can: Yup. I believe that someone got poisened. It has to be. But, then again, Budew are lurking in the forest, so maybe that's the case. I believe the poisened theory.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I agree with you here. But might i add that you can also see rotom in platinum before beating the Elite 4?
    That was just because Rotom was not in DP's regional dex, but it was in Platinum's.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Does anyone remember the Secret Key event from Platinum? In the secret room of the Galactic building there is Charon's diary. It explains how Charon discovered Rotom when he lived at the Old Chateau. Maybe Rotom is waiting for someone like the young Charon? The only thing I don't know is what happened to the rest of the people living there.

Toa77

A Creative Writer
    Years

Meh, I doubt it. Cheryl was probably just some Trainer who was scared of the rumors of the mansion.

I bet that Charon used to live at the mansion when his family was killed while he was probably away with relatives, which is why he's alive.

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I hate that place. The music is so creepy, there's two ghosts (the man and the girl), and there's a whole bunch of ghastly and a couple of gengar. I only went in there to thump the tv and rotor popped out.

Back