• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old Gaming Memories

Dogboy2709

Banned
Years
  • Most of us here, are in are teens, some older, some younger. but we all have memories of games that we used to play when we were REALLY young, then they get locked away in our minds until something happens. for me, this happened when i first find out that some of my favorite characters from when i was a kid were now on the Wii: Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, and Spy Fox.

What was your favorite game(s) when you were young? (besides pokemon, if you were into it back then) and if you had the chance, would you play it/them so you could relive those memories?

For me, I'd have to say all of the Humongous Entertainment games were my favorite when i was little, with the exception of the "Backyard" series. Wasn't much of a sports fan back then (still not now, either. XD)

So, to repeat the question: What was your favorite game(s) when you were young? and if you had the chance, would you play it/them so you could relive those memories?

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • my earliest memory of a game is probably going to a friends place in japan and playing kirby 64 and bomberman (don't know which one). i loved the kirby game so much, but i didn't get it until i downloaded it a couple of years ago through the wii virtual console.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I didn't really game too much when I was younger, but I have extremely fond memories of playing my grandmother in chess and checkers as well as playing The Incredible Machine: Contraptions! on my mom's computer.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, Aladdin, Super Mario Kart, Mario Paint, Yoshi's Island, GoldenEye 007, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon (Blue, Yellow, and Gold), and Ocarina of Time.

These are the games of my childhood ^__^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A long time ago, I played Star Wars: Racer Revenge (the podracing that was seen in the first Star Wars movie) quite a lot. I played a fair bit of Gran Turismo as well.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, SimCity, The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario Kart...

Ah, fond memories. :) I still have a working SNES and I still play those games from time to time, and every time, it is like a trip straight to my childhood. ^__^

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Old Gaming Memories

Yep.

I'm actually trying to get this game again, and not only because it's tied to childhood memories. I still find this game incredibly fun, even after the nostalgia wore off.

Years
  • Mine is mainly with the N64, as I had plenty of multiplayer memories and a couple of games (Conker's Bad Fur Day and WWF No Mercy being the main two) that I don't think I can lose just yet.

Streets of Rage 2, all the Super Mario games, Duck Hunt, Super Punch Out, Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Earthworm Jim were amongst many others.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Super Mario Bros. 1/2/3/World, Dr. Mario, Tetris, Crazy Castle, Pokemon Yellow/Stadium 2/Snap, Kirby 64, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Rugrats Scavenger Hunt (shut up), Yoshi's Story, etc.

brb childhood is calling

Guren

Troll
    Years
  • for me, this happened when i first find out that some of my favorite characters from when i was a kid were now on the Wii: Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, and Spy Fox.
    THEY'RE ON THE WII?!?!?~ omgomgomg, those were some amazing games :o

Anyways, I mostly remember playing my Pokémon Gold with friends when I was younger. For some reason I lost Gold, Silver, and in the meantime obtained 3 Crystals, and I have no idea where they came frome :3 Sadly, I was never around during the time of the N64 :'( (Though, playing them on the Wii is great :D)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Well, I started "gaming" (casually, I mean) when I was 3 or 4 (no joking). Back then, my parents would only buy me stuff from Disney.
    I don't remember it clearly, but I'm sure I had 102 Dalmatians or something. And a Donald Duck something.

Well, later, in 2003-2004, when I had fully grown fingers (was 6 back then) I got into racing games. Like, NFSU and NFSU2. The latter is probably my favorite game, of all the ones I've played. Mostly because of the nostalgia, but the game had a bug effect on me.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • The game I probably remember most as a child was TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. I absolutely loved that game despite never actually finishing it. There was also Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose and Disney's Magical Quest. Fun times. Surprisingly I still own all 3. :D

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • I was really hooked with Monkey Magic. Played on PS1, and the 3D features to the game really got me into it. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Uprising: Join or Die

I still play it occasionally; often listen to the soundtrack.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The only games I can remember from my childhood were Baldur's Gate, Diablo II (I didn't get the Lord of Destruction expansion until after I started high school), StarCraft: Brood War, and quite a few Pokémon games (Yellow, Gold, Silver, Trading Card Game, and Puzzle Challenge). I still own all of them, though my StarCraft disks stopped working a while back.

Back