• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old Gaming Memories

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
  • This post is mostly relevent for early 90's, mid-90's mostly (born 1984)

Some of the first video games I ever played were when I was in elementary school, doing whatever as a class in "the computer lab".

~Reader Rabbit
    ~Number Munchers
    ~Cross Country Canada

There was also this downhill skiing game where so far down, a yeti would rush you and eat you. There were trees and jumps and "slalom posts".

The as I got older came my Super NES and SEGA Genesis. Games such as:

~Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (SNES)
    ~Jurrassic Park: Rampage Edition (Genesis)
    ~Ren & Stimpy (something about an invention) (Genesis)

As for what friends would game with me when they visited, we wouldn't be at my house but the arcade nearby.

~The Simpsons (arcade, where you save kidnapped Maggie)
    ~Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (arcade, save April)
    ~Power*Stone (arcade)

And that is mostly it for what I grew up with. Other than MS-DOS games like MARS, CASTLE, GORRILAS, Lemmings, Raptor, Nibbles, and BreakOut from back in the Windows 3.1 (three point one) days.

And while waiting for Pokemon Gold/Silver to be released in Canada, I played these for Game Boy Color:

~Yoda's Stories (a Star Wars game, and rather unique I thought)
    ~Nail 'n Scale (a sort of puzzle game from original Game Boy library)
    ~Resident Evil (oh yes, for Game Boy Color. Though, I got it after getting pokemon Gold but before getting Silver)

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • <3
    Old Gaming Memories
    Please try to keep posts above the character limit.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • I'm glad to see there are some people older than me in this thread, cause reading through the first few posts made me feel incredibly old.

First actual game I can remember playing is Mario Kart 64 at some acquaintance of our family's, or maybe a few random snes games. I can't remember if I got my first gameboy or my N64 first, all I can really remember is getting the Green Donkey Kong N64 bundle for christmas one year, probably around '97.

GOG TOXIC

Competetive n00b
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Metroid Prime 1 and 2. Every time you step off that ship you know something awesome is going to happen. As for reliving memories, well, gamestop had a used gamecube in for 10 bucks and I still had the discs and memory cards so I'm reliving them as I speak

Years
  • Wow, this makes me think of some good memories.

One of my favorite games was Mortal Combat when I was younger. It just opened up a new world of gaming for me. The standard games like Sonic were a love back then, but I have grown out of them now.

More games like Gauntlet Legends always made me laugh when I was with friends and the Team Ico games I just adored and still do; even though they are a little more recent.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    My favorite gaming memory is Kirby: Nightmare in DreamLand. Pretty much all of my friends had this game, and none of us could beat Krako for some reason.
    So, I finally figured out how to do it and they were all like, "Dude. You're the Kirby genius."
    And then I tried to draw Kirby, and they were all like, "Dude. You're the Kirby master."

To this day, I'm known for drawing Kirby. :D

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
    Years
  • I always wished that I had N64 as a kid, but my parents never got it for me. Instead, I was given a PS1 which was fine by. I spent a good portion of my childhood on this system. Still, I wish that it had been a Nintendo 64, but what can I do

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Wow, this makes me think of some good memories.

One of my favorite games was Mortal Combat when I was younger. It just opened up a new world of gaming for me. The standard games like Sonic were a love back then, but I have grown out of them now.

More games like Gauntlet Legends always made me laugh when I was with friends and the Team Ico games I just adored and still do; even though they are a little more recent.

Omg yes. Gauntlet Legends, many quarters were spent on that game, and then many hours were spent when someone finally got it on a console.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • I always wished that I had N64 as a kid, but my parents never got it for me. Instead, I was given a PS1 which was fine by. I spent a good portion of my childhood on this system. Still, I wish that it had been a Nintendo 64, but what can I do

Most of my N64 childhood was spent playing Tony Hawk and Tony hawk 2.

H-O-R-S-E. Ended up getting a nickname of "Eddie" due to my lack of skill. Also a fan of Iron Maiden which my friends at the time thought funny as they liked Weird Al and Our Lady Peace. Funny friends.

Back