• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Is there any way to get a shiny stone before the national dex? If you look at my sig you'll see that I'm using togetic as a starter, and I'll need togekiss for the e4.
    You can earn one by winning first place prize in the Bug Catching Competition - Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. However, there are multiple winning items for first place.

How to do you that double battle with Clair and Lance?
    After playing through the story, and encountering your rival at Mt. Moon, you'll find him again at the Dragon's Den. Let it play through and you'll end up having your double battle against Clair and Lance not long after - with your rival as your partner on the other side.

In Pokemon HeatyGold SoulSilver, can you like see your stats, like how many times you won a duel and how many times you losta duel online(wifi)?
    Yes, on the back of your trainer card, it gives you your Wi-Fi statistics on wins, losses, and draws. Along with trade information too.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    A friend of mine said he caught a Dratini before defeating Whitney. He did not cheat or trade.

How is this possible?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    If you call Lyra in Goldenrod she says the Gym is in the shape of a celefairy...but the gym is the same look as any other gym...I don't see a celefairy there...someone have a pic to show me this celefairy?

A friend of mine said he caught a Dratini before defeating Whitney. He did not cheat or trade.

How is this possible?

How To Catch Dratini Before Whitney @ Blue Lake

theres also the Voltorb Flip Game which has a prize Dratini for 2100 coins...which is alot in VF

Should, I use Pidgeot/Noctowl or Crobat as my flying type in HG.

You should use Dodrio...he is strongest...PokeWalker is your friend buddy

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • If you call Lyra in Goldenrod she says the Gym is in the shape of a celefairy...but the gym is the same look as any other gym...I don't see a celefairy there...someone have a pic to show me this celefairy?
    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5c/HGSS_Goldenrod_Gym.png

It's a little harder to see in HGSS than it was in GSC, but if you look at the walls they make an outline of a Clefairy. It's not really noticeable in-game, but if you look at a map like there in that link, it's pretty easy to spot.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Has anyone found anything with the sinnoh sound yet? I'm looking for minun on route 38 but I can't find one of them.
    EDIT: Ben on the pokemon music radio station says today it's gonna be lullaby, not sinnoh sound. Is this something that comes after the E4?

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Has anyone found anything with the sinnoh sound yet? I'm looking for minun on route 38 but I can't find one of them.
    EDIT: Ben on the pokemon music radio station says today it's gonna be lullaby, not sinnoh sound. Is this something that comes after the E4?

U don't get any sounds until u get the nat dex...Ben plays marches and such before then so get your nat dex and try again

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • Okay, stuck on 8th gym.
    So what are good places to train:
    - level 50
    - level 40
    - level 21
    - level 17
    - level 23

And like not something lower level then them, higher level.
    Also, on the map there's a ! on route 44, and I got a phone call from Ethan saying he feels bad about the ice pokemon. Should I be concerned about this?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Okay, stuck on 8th gym.
    So what are good places to train:
    - level 50
    - level 40
    - level 21
    - level 17
    - level 23

And like not something lower level then them, higher level.
    Also, on the map there's a ! on route 44, and I got a phone call from Ethan saying he feels bad about the ice pokemon. Should I be concerned about this?
    Best places to train near or for the 8th Gym would be on Route 45 below Blackthorn City and probably the Ice Path as well. With that said, it'll probably be a good idea to check out what Ethan may have been talking about considering it's one place to train.

...Anyway, more so the main purpose of this post is that it's been decided by bobandbill and I that with the release of the games in the US and soon to be the other countries with two weeks or less that a new Help Thread be made for ALL questions. There are a couple of rules applied there that was agreed upon so we please hope you follow them - They are really easy to do too. =)

This one has run its course so to speak and its time for a new, updated one to take its place. You'll find that new Help Thread HERE.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back