• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old is the New

Years
    Argh, let's try this again. After writing up rather hefty descriptions the site crapped out on me and I lost all of my text. Rage rage rage
    ~~~
    Old is the New
    Old is the New
    Old is the New
    Old is the New
    Old is the New
    Old is the New

~~~​
    Old is the New

I GOTS ME SOME HOOK THUMBS (Toxicroak) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Dry Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk/64 Spd/194 SAtk
    Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Brick Break
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Sucker Punch

---
    OHKO's Forretress, Azelf, and Frosslass(Albeit, I hardly see any more Azelf leads).
    Comes in later to take out common walls and absorb toxic spikes, just in case I can't get a rapid spin in or something. Also OHKO's Gengar, Tyranitar, Alakazam, and Weavile. 2HKOs: Metagross, Jirachi, Blissey, Tangrowth, Heracross, and Skarmory. Provides a nice water resist and absolutely lols at Rain dance teams paired with life orb. :3 He and Forretress are vying for lead position at the moment.
    Old is the New

Caltrop (Forretress) (M) @ Macho Brace/Shed Shell
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/112 Atk/144 Def
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball

- Reflect
    ---
    Reflect allows for a much easier setup of toxic spikes and absolutely laughs at pokemon trying to set up, an example being Gyarados. Max Attack +2 Attack Life Orb vs Forretress with Reflect:
    766 Atk vs 387 Def & 354 HP (80 Base Power): 111 - 132 (31.36% - 37.29%)
    Does Macho Brace effect Gyro Ball?
    That sounds right? I'm always so uncertain with calculations. :/ Also serves as my Tyranitar counter.
    Old is the New

Fisticuffs (Tyranitar) (M) @ Babiri Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Punch
    - Crunch

- Dragon Dance
    ---
    The meat and potatoes of my team. Fire punch and Babiri Berry allow me to take care of common steal switchins(I'm looking at you Scizor and Metagross). Stone Edge and Crunch obviously provide that super sexay dual STAB that we all love. Jolly keeps me safer against common revenge killers after I've gotten a DD or two out there. (Starmie, Azelf, Latias, etc).
    Old is the New

Metal Goose Solid (Metagross) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/188 Spd/70 SAtk
    Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Earthquake
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Meteor Mash

---
    This guy and toxic spikes are the absolute bane of any bulky water that tries to impede Tyranitar's sweep. Serves as a great wall breaker, as well. 2HKOs Hippowdon, Swampert and Donphan every time with grass knot. And almost always 2HKO's Slowbro. In Sandstorm I have a really good chance of 2HKOing Suicune as well. Hidden Power[Fire] OHKOs Forretress and 2HKOs Tangrowth and Skarmory every time.
    Old is the New

I'M ON A BOAT LOL (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Surf
    - Roar
    - Protect

---
    Roar allows me to spread the love that is toxic spikes while simultaneously allowing me to scout the opponents team. Wish is a great support option and protect allows me to better recover with wish and stall out poisoned pokemon. Surf is the standard STAB attack. Suicune(specifically Crocune) was giving me a lot of trouble and this guy proves as a semi-counter in the sense that he can roar her away for later while staying immune to her surf. Absorbs water, which is always cool. :3 Oh, yes. He is also my Infernape counter.
    Old is the New

Darkwing Duck (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

- Recover
    - Thunder Wave

---
    Oh my good god jolly Jesus, I love Pory2. Counters Gyarados, Heatran, Salamence and a slew of other pokemon. Revenge kills Dugtrio and Magnezone, by using their abilities against them. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt for the coveted coverage offered by the two. Thunder wave, helps take care of anything that is immune to poison.
    ~~~
    Old is the New
    Old is the New
    Old is the New
    Old is the New
    Old is the New
    Old is the New

~~~​

Threat List
    Old is the New
    Scizor
    Metagross,
    Old is the New
    Gyarados
    Porygon2,
    Old is the New
    Salamence
    Porygon2,
    Old is the New
    Heatran
    Porygon2,
    Old is the New
    Metagross
    Metagross, Toxicroak,
    Old is the New
    Infernape
    Vaporeon,
    Old is the New
    Tyranitar
    Forretress,
    Old is the New
    Lucario
    Nothin' D:
    Old is the New
    Gengar
    Toxicroak,
    Old is the New
    Swampert
    Metagross, Vaporeon(If Toxic spikes are down)
    Old is the New
    Blissey
    Toxicroak, Tyranitar,
    Old is the New
    Azelf
    Tyranitar, Toxicroak,
    Old is the New
    Starmie
    Tyranitar,
    Old is the New
    Latias
    Tyranitar, Toxicroak,
    Old is the New
    Jirachi
    Metagross,
    Old is the New
    Zapdos
    Tyranitar,
    Old is the New
    Skarmory
    Metagross, Toxicroak, Porygon2,
    Old is the New
    Breloom
    Nothin' D:
    Old is the New
    Bronzong
    Metagross, Toxicroak,
    Old is the New
    Jolteon
    Porygon2, Tyranitar,

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    How the heck does Metagross counter/check Lucario and Breloom ? :/

SD LO CC OHKO's Meta, Aura Sphere 2hko's Meta from Luke and Breloom can Spore Meta, 2hko it (it prolly OHKO's that spread) with Focus Punch and then OHKO your entire team with said F-Punch and Seed Bomb too. Toxicroak included.

Old is the New
    Metagross
    Metagross, Toxicroak,

Also no. :/

Years
    How the heck does Metagross counter/check Lucario and Breloom ? :/

SD LO CC OHKO's Meta, Aura Sphere 2hko's Meta from Luke and Breloom can Spore Meta, 2hko it with Focus Punch and then OHKO your entire team with said F-Punch and Seed Bomb too.
    I put that Meta countered Luc? XD
    The idea with Breloom was to get someone else asleep and let Meta come in on the focus punch. I'm not quite sure where I was going after that. Someone I know was supposed to look over the threat list before anyone else posted. Because I wans't quite sure on a few of them. =P
    I am in dire need of a Breloom counter. >_>
    Also, What does Meta do to my Meta? Earthquake? Toxicroak outspeeds all but the Agility sets.
    I don't remember if you're supposed to just list counters on the threat list, but I was listing revenge kills and workarounds as well.
    I admit the Luc and Breloom were a tad silly.
    You want to actually help the team instead of just critisizing the threat list, by the way?
    Like saying "Oh, go with Spiritomb, he helps you better take care of Azelf and laughs at some Lucario, ResTalk Tomb also helps with Breloom."

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yes Meta OHKO's Meta with Earthquake and Toxicroak cant OHKO and is OHKO'd in return.

None of them are checks, counters or even revenge killers.

But yes you need a solid fighting resist.

Years
    Maybe I'll go ResTalk Gyara over Toxicraok and make my forretress lead. Gives me reliable status taker and he absolutely laughs at Punch/Seed Bomb Breloom.
    Thoughts?
    Max HP, Max Defence ResTalk Gyarados.
    Seed Bomb After Intimidate:
    262 Atk vs 282 Def & 394 HP (80 Base Power): 80 - 96 (20.30% - 24.37%)
    Focus Punch After Intimidate:
    262 Atk vs 282 Def & 394 HP (150 Base Power): 75 - 89 (19.04% - 22.59%)
    Assuming I did the calcs right, I'm never very confident about them. >_>

Back