• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Old Kanto/Johto Jouney Jounal - post your recent happenings here

Years
  • Bored, so posting here.

-Got to Ecruteak City
    -Beat Rival in burnt Tower
    -Released Suicune
    -Trained all Pokes to level 25
    -Challenged + beat Morty.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    In gold, I got my whole team up to Lv100, beat the elite four, caught all the Pokemon... then got lost in a cave and had to start again XD

woooooohooooooooooooo

Hardcore trainer? i think so
    Years
  • welllll i restarted my crystal and i was walking down to Mr. pokemon and did everyhting after all of that and i was back after cherrygrove i encountered a shiny weedle without knowing and im like

"hmm.. isn't weedle goldish and a red nose?" so i caught it for fun and it was shiny :)

The Beast

Mewtwo's Elite Master
    Years
  • Well I haven't played my poke'mon crystal for awhile but I know that I've leveled my poke'mon to level one hundred.

Years
  • Just started up Gold, Would have rathered silver, but it has broke and wont save :(

So just beat buggsy, got through ilex forrest, caught oddish, he is now my HM *****. Got Head Butt, ran all the way back to New Bark Town and headbutted a tree and got aipom, woot, and now i am searching for herracross.

Team:
    Quilava Lv 19
    Spinark Lv 18
    Slowpoke Lv16
    Aipom Lv 10

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • In Crystal, I'm trying to raise up the levels of some pokemon I want in my regular party and evolving/trading pokmeon I need to complete my Pokedex.

Edit: I'm starting over in Yellow version and for the nth time on Silver. On Crystal, I'm ever so much closer to completing my Pokedex.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Final preparation for the final battle, now re-running through the E4 again and again and again (and again) until my Pokemon would be at least +70. Now around 59/60. Ten more levels... Sigh....
    Plus Rare Candies, might be 6 more... yay

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I had finally raised my Meganium to Level 100 and Ho-Oh was well on its way at Lv. 81 and going up fast, when after a while, when I shut it off and my file got deleted. That was two hundred and something hours I'll never get back.

jammi567

I know i haven't been on this forum for a while, but here i am!

I managed to find my old Gameboy Colour, which i was going to sell on Ebay, but luckly didn't. Therefore, i've started a new game on Silver, and it's awsome. I've forgotten how cool the second generation games are!

Anyways, i managed to beat the Elite 4 with my whole party under level 40! (Admittedly, the only one who managed to survive to the end was my Lapras with HP in the red zone, but that's not the point!). Now im in Kanto, and i was wondering where i could find a Houndour, as i'm hopeing to replace my starter with one, but i can't seem to find it anywhere. I know you have to find them at night, but i've searched anywhere, and there's not a trace.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I decided to whip out my Silver version about a month ago after not playing it for nearly a year and a half and the experience was strange. First, on the title screen With Lugia flying, the Lugia was orange and everything else was silver. Then when I went into the main menu that gives you the option to continue, start a new game or whatever, the bottom right of the screen was green, but everything else was fine. I said continue and it seemed that I last saved outside the Pokemon Center in Mahogany Town. I flew to Olivine City, the screen was blue on the right half and orange on the right half. The game refused to let my character move when I pressed the direction buttons so I turned it off.

I guess that's what happens when your game gets attacked by dust for eighteen months straight.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    Been playing Gold furiously via ROM after finally getting a computer in my room. Just beat the Elite 4 after murdering everyone with a L56 Kadabra (all 3 elemental punches + Psychic). After that, in marathon fashion I did everything I could to make the Eevee I got from Bill evolve into an Umbreon, levelled it up from 20 to about 28 through the EXP share, then 28 to 44 through battling. Finally, about to give up, it was almost morning when I gave in and used a Rare Candy on it, and congratulations, your Eevee evolved into an Umbreon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    My odd egg hatched into an Elekid, forgot to save before I talked to the Day Care Man but turned out alright, at least it wasn't some faggoty Smoochum.

Jap

The Elitist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2012
    Well, I picked up my old Silver game which was complete but for some bizarre reason I had no save data. I looked on Youtube for Silver/Gold/Crystal glitches and I found the glitch to get all 3 starters.

So I have all 3 starters now. Off to beat Falkner + Get 3 starters in Crystal because Gold's already finished.

EDIT: My Silver game is stuffed, it automatically deletes the game data. Anyways in Crystal I used the 3 starter glitch and cloned them to see if you could clone in Crystal and I succeeded but I released them. Off to beat Falkner with my 3 starter Pokemon!

EDIT II: Beat Falkner and Bugsy. Got Togepi, Odd Egg and evolved Chikorita into Bayleef. Just a question, could I clone the egg? And currently in Goldenrod.

EDIT III: Beat Whitney, Morty, Chuck and Jasmine (Currently in 7th gym). Beat the Mahogany Team Rocket Hideout. Evolved Bayleef into Meganium. Currently Lv. 42. Stole Abra and Wobbefet using cloning glitch. Making money cloning a nugget I just got. My Odd Egg turned out to be an unshiny DUMB Smoochum. I wanted a shiny, at least an Elekid. Oh, and I caught the Shiny Gyarados. I LOVE THE CLONING GLITCH!!!.

EDIT IV: Beat Pryce, Clair, got the Masterball (Now I have 10), beat the Elite 4. Beat Lt. Surge, Sabrina and Misty in Kanto and found the Machine Part for the generator. Oh yeah, I got Suicune, (Lv. 42) and my Meganium is level 58 (or 59, I can't remember). Just remembered. I mucked up the cloning glitch and now Box 3 containing my Meganium (A different one), Shiny Gyaradose and another pokemon (not an important one) is mucked up. So I have to trade the Shiiny Gyaradose from Gold, clone it, and trade it back.

EDIT V: Beat (probably not in the right order) Erika, Blaine, Janine, Blue and Brock. Yay, all of the badges. I unlocked Mt. Silver, but..... Red is gonna kill me. =[.

Last edited:

Jap

The Elitist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2012
    Well, since my brother won't let me use his Pokemon Blue copy, I downloaded the rom and started my adventure. I used thethethethe's toolbox to obtain the program which changes the starter pokemon. I used it so I could get Mew (Even though I could of done the Mew Glitch) and made my rival use an Alakazam at the start. The only reason I made him have one (even though it went straight back to a Squirtle after the battle in the lab) is to gain more EXP points. I went straight to Lv.8! Then I got all gym badges, bet the Elite 4, cloned, Master Balls and Rare Candies. I decided I should try and Solo the Elite 4 with my Mew. So eventually I soloed the Elite 4 while getting Lv.100. (I didn't use any rare candies on Mew, just some Stat Boosters and 2 PP UP's) Took me about half an hour. I have all of the legendaries, and soloed the Elite 4 about 11 times includong my first solo metioned above. I remember the time when my brother was 8 and I was about 6, we heard about a glitch that if you soloed the Elite 4 250 times with a pokemon, Prof. Oak will give you a Togepi. Sadly we believed it and we didn't get Togepi, but nevertheless, me and my brother soloed the Elite 4 250 times. Anyways, R/B/Y are great games.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • I turned on my game.

I picked Charmander as a starter.

I saved.

I came back later...

I forgot my battery had dried up D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    i found my blue in the basement and made a new game wit chamanda and then the bat died =(

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I did the league again because I needed the money for Ultra balls to catch a bunch of Pokemon for my pokedex, I'm on about 35 or something, which is miles away it feels.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2013
    After restarting my Yellow, I beat Giovanni in his gym with the team in my sig. I don't feel too comfortable going to the Elite Four just yet, so I plan on upgrading my movesets and maybe even leveling up.

Back