• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Old Kanto/Johto Jouney Jounal - post your recent happenings here

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
  • Red:
    November 29th
    Today I started out on Route 1 with Ratta (Rattata), Perry (Pidgey), and Charmy (Charmander). I spent time training Ratta and Perry because they were seven levels below Charmy. I then took a brief detour to Route 22. I wasn't planning on catching anything yet, but I came across a Nidoran [f] which are extremely rare in Red so I caught it at Lv. 4 and named it Betty. I then proceeded back to Route 1 after stopping at the Viridian City Pokemon Center to heal everyone, something I'd been doing frequently since the Pokemart does not sell Potions. My plan is to train Ratta, Perry, and Betty some more before going back to Route 22 to catch a Spearow and a Nidoran [m]. Then I will head north to Route 2.

Team:
    Ratta Lv.8
    Perry Lv.8
    Betty Lv.8
    Charmy lv.11

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2012
    Game: Silver
    Name: Ray

Ah, Ecruteak City. Sudowoodo was a pain to catch, but my Hoppip held out with 1 HP long enough to put it to sleep. Whitney was also a pain to beat. I'm pretty sure the only reason I beat her was because my Pokemon levelled up so much on her Clefairy before getting owned by her Miltank.

Just a note: Right after I beat Falkner, I got stuck in a wall (the "dark") and had to hard-reset the GBA. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact we replaced the battery with one from a watch after the regular one died?

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • Red: I visited sunny town/glitch city for the first time. Its funny^^. And it didn't ruin my game, yay.
    Yellow: The last Pokemon crossed the level 50 line after six years without beginning a new game. It's the only edition in which I tried to get all 151 Pokemon. Its also the one with the strongest Pokemon I have.
    Silver: This edition is broken for some reasons...I have absolutely no clue what could've caused it...I mean I never cheat on my legal bought ones...meh, I was so good.
    Gold: I catched a shiny Koffing, yay. I guess I'm going to train it.
    Crystal: I'm going to start a new game...It's been a long time since I started a new game on a GB colour edition.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • All of my metal games' batteries are shot, except for Silver, which holds my very sacred original file. I finally got the heart to restart it. I chose Cyndaquil, the very first time choosing a non-water starter. I got him up to level 9, then fought some kid with long red hair, who introduced himself as the best trainer ever, ???. Later, I was asked to give his name. ??? just for that nostalgic feel. Got me a really slow decent Sentret, and finalky hit the road, getting yet a second round of berries. I'm just training those two and my Pidgey for now.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I defeated Falkner, who still makes me wonder how the heck he got a level 9 Pidgeotto xD.. I held my Cyndaquil's evolution until 16, caught Tentacool, Hoppip, and Mareep, who will all be part of the team. Lastly, I picked up the egg from Elm's assistant. On a side note, I saw for the first time that Tentacool weighs 100 pounds 0_o

Back