• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Old May versus new May

Old May or New May?

• Original

Votes: 57 39.9%
  • New Version

Votes: 56 39.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Both

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    As long as when the anime goes back to Hoenn they don't recast that throaty sexy voice actress they had in the Mirage Pokemon special. What they heck was that actress thinking? She's playing a 12 year old GIRL not Jessica Rabbit! yeesh!

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    I must admit that I'm actually quite fond of both of the character designs. May has always been my favourite of the female cast.

I however am unable to hide my disappointment I feel that I must type out my sorrow, for they did implement the clothing feature in this remake of the game. Which is unfortunately understandable given that the main character of the previous version of this game was unable to do so, and that would save on development time.

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • Age 29
    • they/them
    • Maine
    • Seen Sep 2, 2022
    Don't know why, but I really don't like her new look. Her old one was "meh". I liked her Emerald one the most.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    Hmm I gotta to say that I much prefer the original R/S and Emerald May over the new one.
    I really liked the sporty look and that bandanna was so cool.I don't mind the new May at all just don't really like the frills and the front bow, everything else is fine.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My dislike of Sugimori's current art style brings the new May down significantly.

Plus she comes across as overly cute in this. No thanks.

Emerald May was the GOAT let's be real
    Old May versus new May

Look at that smug face.

Years
  • I kinda like both, the old May was the cool sporty May while the new May looks cute (although the way she wears her bandana on her head makes her look like some housewife or something).

That said, I'm kinda disappointed that after 11 years of thinking I had a special place in May's heart, she tells me I'm her best friend :-O

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I like both but new may is much more loveable and actually looks a lot better id like to see her in the traditional emerald garb in green also but in red and blue she looks great! I mean why wouldnt you like the new may she has eyes too not black dots lol

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Playing the game has really made me like new May's design. Her in-game model is really cute, you can't deny, and honestly now I prefer the bow to the bandana. It's a lot cuter and the bandana might not look as nice in 3D.

Years
  • Voted new version and evened out the old/new poll. 8D Though I probably should've voted both because I like both of them. May was cute originally but the bow this time around adds a lot of charm to her and she looks even more adorable, though also very young.

Nakala Pri

Even though the new one is gorgeous, with a more stylish approach and that adorable bow... I'm not sure. I loved May's old bandana. Like, to the point of infatuation. @~@

I guess I love them both, equally. I reckon more modern art of the original would bring out the charm, then I could probably compare her to the new one and make a firm decision. It's a bit tough when their art style are so different.

I kinda like it how in the original, she had slightly large thighs with strong calves, not stick legs.

Back