• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old or New?

Which Pokémon games do you like the most?

• Colour Generation

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Metal Generation

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Advanced Generation

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • New Generation

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Spin-off Generation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draciana

Credit to ME for the avatar!
    Years
    Which Pokémon games do you like the best?

Colour Generation: Red, Blue, Yellow.

Metal Generation: Gold, Silver, Crystal.

Advanced Generation: Ruby, Saphire, FireRed, LeafGreen.

New Generation: Pearl, Diamond, Platinum.

Spin-off Generation: Ranger, Snap, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, etc.

Give reasons!

:)

Adam L'Argent

Sinister... But Noble
    Years
    Pokemon Pearl has the best new pokemon, although Silver gave us Steel and Dark... I prefer The Newest ones.

Draciana

Credit to ME for the avatar!
    Years
    I voted Metal Gen, I like the old Games and just the feelings you get when you play them, it's like your a six year old again sitting under a desk lamp playing on your games when you're supposed to be asleep.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Silver version was the greatest;
    Night and day, dark and steel, two regions to explore, phone calls, the list goes on...
    The best thing about Silver; Lugia!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    As far as the games have gone, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are without doubt the best in their class. Enhanced graphics, Wi-Fi connection around the whole world, an awesome storyline. Great games.

That said, the Colour and Metal generations were also brilliant. Gold and Silver especially. Not only did they make it possible to catch all two hundred and fifty-one Pokémon (at the time, of course. I'm not that outdated), they also let you go back to Kanto. You had a thrilling storyline with Johto, and then you got to go back and play the same game you did three years ago! The second generation Pokémon were also my favourites.

But yeah. In terms of gameplay, D/P/P can't be matched, but in terms of the most fun (presumably thanks to nostalgia), G/S/C takes the crown.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I like the new generation best, because I love the online features and the storyline, but the Colour Generation will always be special to me, because that was where it started for me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I like the majority of the games (I haven't played PMD yet), but my favorites are definitely the Metal and Color Generations. My first game was Silver, then I got Blue and Crystal. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world back then, since my Game Boy Color was the first video game system I ever got. When I play them now (the ones that still work, that is), I feel like I'm 8 years old again, instead of a crazy 16 year old.

As for the Advanced and New Generations, they're pretty awesome. Better graphics, new Pokemon and new regions to explore. However, my favorites will always be those first six games. :t359:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Was a toss-up between Colour and Metal for me, in the end I chose the Colours. The Metals are arguably the better games, but in terms of enjoyment and nostalgia (And, as someone has rightly said, for setting the foundations for the rest of the series), the Colours cannot be beaten imo.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    I prefer the old color
    You know, before the type thing started to get ridiculous ridiculous...
    I mean... I can't even seem to damage a Magnemite nowadays because it's type: steel takes priority to type: electric.
    Don't get me wrong though... I do love the new ones too... they're just more of a pain...
    I mean... seriously... Mawile... you can't pass that up

Years
    I love G/S/C with a passion. R/B/Y was fun and all, but then they took the series to the next level, (and I think they did well with it).

But by the time they reached R/S/E they took it a little to far, and I think that FR/LG were to try and make up for that.

Regardless, metal generation is my favorite.

Back