• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] PokéCommunity's Official "Check My Pokémon" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Are you (Blaqk and TwilightBlade) using DPPtHGSS or BW? I have some Pokémon I might want to get checked but I want to know if I should keep them on the Platinum file or transfer them to BW.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Are you (Blaqk and TwilightBlade) using DPPtHGSS or BW? I have some Pokémon I might want to get checked but I want to know if I should keep them on the Platinum file or transfer them to BW.

Transferring pokemon from DPPtHGSS to BW "converts" them. So it's best to get them checked from your Platinum cart.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Hm, interesting. What do you mean by "converts"? My wifi's getting fixed in a few days, so I'll just have to wait until then...

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Hm, interesting. What do you mean by "converts"? My wifi's getting fixed in a few days, so I'll just have to wait until then...

I'm not going to go into an in-depth explanation of it, but "converts" is the best descriptive word for the process which takes place.

Be sure you follow the guidelines when you post and we'll help you out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    I have this Gallade from the GTS

Lv. 23
    Shiny
    Adamant
    3/12/2011
    Johto
    Apparently arrived at Lv. 23
    Quick to flee.
    OT: Jordan

In a Master Ball.

Double Team
    Teleport
    Fury Cutter
    Slash

Is it hacked?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Ok, well I don't know if this question was answered, even though I posted in the wrong spot...but anyway:

1. I recieved a Shiny Wishmaker Jirachi. I looked up on the serebii database and all the descriptions match except for one thing. Serebi says the ID for a WISHMKR Jirachi is suppose to be "00001-01000", where as the one I have is 20043. Am I reading this wrong? If the ID is different, what does that mean then? I hope its not a fake...

2. I got a Shiny Mew off the GTS yesterday. Its at level 30 and it came from Hoenn...however I saw that Old Sea Map for Faraway Island was only in Japan but my Mew's name isn't Japanese...so I assume that means its hacked?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Ok, well I don't know if this question was answered, even though I posted in the wrong spot...but anyway:

1. I recieved a Shiny Wishmaker Jirachi. I looked up on the serebii database and all the descriptions match except for one thing. Serebi says the ID for a WISHMKR Jirachi is suppose to be "00001-01000", where as the one I have is 20043. Am I reading this wrong? If the ID is different, what does that mean then? I hope its not a fake...

2. I got a Shiny Mew off the GTS yesterday. Its at level 30 and it came from Hoenn...however I saw that Old Sea Map for Faraway Island was only in Japan but my Mew's name isn't Japanese...so I assume that means its hacked?

Yes, they are both hacked.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Whoo, my wifi works. ^_^ Could I get these 6 hack checked please:

Pokémon Name (Level)
    Nature
    OT ######
    HP/At/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
    Characteristic

ALAMOS Darkrai (Level 100)
    Modest
    ALAMOS 05318
    282/168/202/374/194/315
    Likes to relax

Shiny Dialga (Level 100)
    Modest
    Jacob 17315
    384/235/266/414/214/264
    Scatters things often

Shiny Arcanine (level 100)
    Adamant
    Baller 28058
    320/320/169/205/190/263
    Loves to eat.

Shiny Regigigas (Level 73)
    Jolly
    Sophie 07209
    298/285/183/123/175/181
    Sturdy body.

Shiny Ampharos (level 100)
    Modest
    GINJI 50217
    343/164/179/347/189/128
    Likes to fight.

Japanese Shaymin (level 100)
    Modest
    (some Japanese name) 07198
    318/190/208/298/213/289
    Alert to sounds.
    (Pokémon Movie 08, Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50.)

They're all EV'd, but it's been so long that I don't remember their exact spreads. x.x

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Yes, they are both hacked.

I'd really hate to question this because I'm sure the Mew is hacked. But I've been looking into the Jirachi in depth and I've found that WISHMKR Jirachi's ID is always 20043. So are you positve the one I have is hacked? I got one off GTS with the same ID number and I've looked around on many other sites and those Jirachis' ID numbers are the same as well.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    I'd really hate to question this because I'm sure the Mew is hacked. But I've been looking into the Jirachi in depth and I've found that WISHMKR Jirachi's ID is always 20043. So are you positve the one I have is hacked? I got one off GTS with the same ID number and I've looked around on many other sites and those Jirachis' ID numbers are the same as well.

The reason your Jirachi is hacked is because it's shiny, not because of its ID. While theoretically it is possible to get a shiny generation three and older event, Nintendo did not intend it so. This is the reason why you can't put shiny Jirachi on generation five's GTS. A good rule of thumb is if it's an event, it's shiny, and it's from generation three or older, it's hacked (unless preset to be shiny).

Regardless, I still think your Jirachi is hacked unless it's the "legal" one that's being passed around. Had you followed the rules and guidelines when posting in this thread, I would know.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    The reason your Jirachi is hacked is because it's shiny, not because of its ID. While theoretically it is possible to get a shiny generation three and older event, Nintendo did not intend it so. This is the reason why you can't put shiny Jirachi on generation five's GTS. A good rule of thumb is if it's an event, it's shiny, and it's from generation three or older, it's hacked (unless preset to be shiny).

Regardless, I still think your Jirachi is hacked unless it's the "legal" one that's being passed around. Had you followed the rules and guidelines when posting in this thread, I would know.

Ok that makes sense, and I should've followed the guidelines...but one last thing. What do you make of this?
    http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?13862-Shiny-Jirachi-from-WISHMKR
    I don't understand the technical aspects, but from what I'm getting is that they're saying its possible...or is it just that they're forcing it to be shiny?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Ok that makes sense, and I should've followed the guidelines...but one last thing. What do you make of this?
    http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?13862-Shiny-Jirachi-from-WISHMKR
    I don't understand the technical aspects, but from what I'm getting is that they're saying its possible...or is it just that they're forcing it to be shiny?

What they have done is they have taken a Gamecube save file, edited the seed so that the Jirachi given will be shiny, then uploaded the save file and received the Jirachi. So yes, they are forcing it to be shiny as you put it. So while it is theoretically possible, since the shiny seeds ARE there, no one has received a shiny one without any influence on the game, or the pokemon at all and brought to any online trading community.

Also, since Nintendo doesn't allow them to be traded via fifth generation GTS, it's obvious that shiny Jirachi shouldn't ever be received from the bonus disk. This also applies to all third generation and older events, since they are all theoretically generated the same way. Again, Nintendo never wanted the events to be generated shiny. This can also be seen in BW with Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, Zorua, Zoroark, and possibly more, as they all have shiny checks on them, not allowing them to be shiny (although Zorua and Zoroark can be shiny bred).

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Just requoting, sorry =p

I can trade almost anytime~

Whoo, my wifi works. ^_^ Could I get these 6 hack checked please:

Pokémon Name (Level)
    Nature
    OT ######
    HP/At/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
    Characteristic

ALAMOS Darkrai (Level 100)
    Modest
    ALAMOS 05318
    282/168/202/374/194/315
    Likes to relax

Shiny Dialga (Level 100)
    Modest
    Jacob 17315
    384/235/266/414/214/264
    Scatters things often

Shiny Arcanine (level 100)
    Adamant
    Baller 28058
    320/320/169/205/190/263
    Loves to eat.

Shiny Regigigas (Level 73)
    Jolly
    Sophie 07209
    298/285/183/123/175/181
    Sturdy body.

Shiny Ampharos (level 100)
    Modest
    GINJI 50217
    343/164/179/347/189/128
    Likes to fight.

Japanese Shaymin (level 100)
    Modest
    (some Japanese name) 07198
    318/190/208/298/213/289
    Alert to sounds.
    (Pokémon Movie 08, Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50.)

They're all EV'd, but it's been so long that I don't remember their exact spreads. x.x

rennir

Dragon Friend
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Need a pokemon with classic ribbon checked :)

• Species: Raikou
    • Health Points (HP):103
    • Original Trainer (OT): GAMESTP
    • Identification Number (ID No.): 01031
    • Nature: Rash
    • Date: Jan. 4, 2011
    • Characteristic: Capable of taking hits

Last edited:

ReignOfComputer

~éXtRéMé HaXoR~
    Years
  • Need a pokemon with classic ribbon checked :)

• Species: Raikou
    • Health Points (HP):103
    • Original Trainer (OT): BlanketSTP
    • Identification Number (ID No.): 01031
    • Nature: Rash
    • Date: Jan. 4, 2011
    • Characteristic: Capable of taking hits

"BlanketSTP"? An edit of the GAMESTP Raikou.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Zapdos
    HP 156
    OT: Adam
    ID: 48033
    Nature: Bashful
    Date: 3/29/2011
    Characteristics: Likes to thrash about

I can provide a clone for this for further checking. My FC is 1205 9264 0430

I want this checked before I put it in my legendaries list, cause I saw a hacked Zapdos made by the same OT so im kind of... dodgy :s

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Zapdos
    HP 156
    OT: Adam
    ID: 48033
    Nature: Bashful
    Date: 3/29/2011
    Characteristics: Likes to thrash about

I can provide a clone for this for further checking. My FC is 1205 9264 0430

I want this checked before I put it in my legendaries list, cause I saw a hacked Zapdos made by the same OT so im kind of... dodgy :s
    Ahoy, I would pick this up, but you're apparently playing Gen 5. There is no hack checking in gen 5...
    I can still take a look at it if you want. Clone is highly recommended (tradebacks waste time). :(?

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Ahoy, I would pick this up, but you're apparently playing Gen 5. There is no hack checking in gen 5...
    I can still take a look at it if you want. Clone is highly recommended (tradebacks waste time). :(?

Oh sorry seem to forgot to include the game version.. its on my White version. the summary screen says Johto as location.

EDIT: Yes I can clone it. whats your FC in gen 5?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back