• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old Pokemon, New Sprites

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
    What are your impressions of the new sprites of the old Pokemon? Any particular ones you like/dislike?

Personally, I couldn't be happier. The old Pokemon look more round and a bit more plump, like they did in R/B/G/Y. Small Pokemon look comparitively small next to the big boys like Kyogre, and Flygon looks absolutely adorable with its little belly showing.

Most notable to me, however, is Blastoise! This is probably the best Blastoise sprite yet; the pose is awesome, and the color is very nice.

My least favorite is Mew. This one looks more like the Green sprite, in a bad way. >_<

What do you think?

Just to add on here, you can always find the sprites here:

https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    that female pikachu looks so funky XD

i like them. the shading is a more supple on these sprites.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    I agree, these sprites are really good. I mean I would compare these to the Gold Silver sprites of the old Pokemon. Back in 2000 I considered them to be the bomb and yeah. But Ruby/Sapp went downhill in the sprite quality and was improved by Fire/Leaf. It's Gold Silver all over again and I'm liking it! ^_^

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    I'm really liking them too, from what little I've seen. Does anyone know where I could see them all?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I think they're great; mainly their new poses (skarmory and linoone are exactly the same tho)
    Im gonna have to get used to Latias's back sprite

rekt

tentarape
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 3, 2011
    Some of these sprites are very wierd.

Wobba with lipstick is funny.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    Some Pogeys look the same for both male and female, like the starters.
    Does anyone know what the differences are for all Pogeys?

Spencer

-_-
    Years
    My 4 favorites are Sceptile, Tyranitar, Scyther and Rhydon. THey are pretty cool. I have to say, I don't really not like any of the new sprites. The only thing that kind of bugs me is that I can't tell the differences from male or female on some! >_<

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Well that site only shows their second frame, and only the male versions.
    But I didn't know there was a second Pokemon Wiki :shocked:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I like them, they all look great. But I noticed that Linnone's sprite (and some more) there sprites didn't change at all. But for most of the sprites I couldn't find the difference between the male and the female

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    On contrary to most people here, I think Mew looks better! More like the anime. Maybe its the tail.
    Whew...lipstick wobbuffet is only female version... it was so obvious!!! Darrgghtpgtph!!

Wingnut

Moon: 12 years and counting...
    Years
    Anyone else notice Slaking is picking his nose? Love it! The new Milotic is excellent, as is Regice and Rayquaza!

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    I agree with the Milotic.. Beautiful X3... but really i like them all alot! The male/female difference gives them more of a personality.

What's the difference between the first and second frames? Are they different on the different versions of the game? :\

hmm well anyways... they really have come along way. it looks wonderful! I'm excited!

Back