• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] OLD returning RP'er looking for a more D&D/session based game!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
  • Hey there everyone!
    It's been about.. 6-7 years since I was here last, but I had that CRAVING for a Pokémon (or other) style roleplay again recently. My schedule has shifted quite a bit since then however, and I'm looking for more of a session based system, or at least a little closer to that kind of play, rather than just entirely play by post. Is that a thing that anyone is currently running/working on building up? ... Am I even allowed to make a post like this? Either way, I hope someone can help me!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey there everyone!
    It's been about.. 6-7 years since I was here last, but I had that CRAVING for a Pokémon (or other) style roleplay again recently. My schedule has shifted quite a bit since then however, and I'm looking for more of a session based system, or at least a little closer to that kind of play, rather than just entirely play by post. Is that a thing that anyone is currently running/working on building up? ... Am I even allowed to make a post like this? Either way, I hope someone can help me!
    Hi basty, I've missed you! (rika but i go by riki now)

You should beg gimmepie to let you join the Hisui rp so we can JP again! That's rather traditional though. Perhaps you'd enjoy the style the people in Trainers and Square One use a bit more? I think some of the players there enjoy outlining each post by chatting in IM like Discord first and then kinda shaping it like a post afterwards.

There's also the event going on right now where you can play as a PMD pokemon in a DnD style game online, voice chat and live rp and all ^^ I joined once and it was hilarously entertaining. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=487638

Regardless, it's awesome to see you back <3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Riki! Awh, it's SO good to see you again! Good times all just come flooding back, great to see you still active on here ^^
    I did like the look of the ones you suggested, as well as the Alola one, which seemed like just a good ole fun time. But yeah, the Delibird one is -definitely- more what I'm looking for in terms of posting/RP'ing, just... you know, a little less Delibird, maybe xD (No shame if you like Delibird, obviously)
    I'll keep an eye out for something along the lines of the Delibird RP, in any case! Great to see you again <3

P.S. I was looking for some kind of discord specifically for the RP part of the Pokécommunity, but couldn't find anything. Reckon it might be easier to find an RP if there is such a thing?

Years
  • I'll keep an eye out for something along the lines of the Delibird RP, in any case! Great to see you again <3

For what it's worth, I've allowed some look-alike mon. Technically not all Delibird now. On a more serious note though, I fully intend to run a lot more PMD&D stuff over the next year, and I promise Delibird will have a minimum number of appearances xD

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • For what it's worth, I've allowed some look-alike mon. Technically not all Delibird now. On a more serious note though, I fully intend to run a lot more PMD&D stuff over the next year, and I promise Delibird will have a minimum number of appearances xD

Now THAT sounds great! I don't hate Delibird or anything, but it's just a liiiittle too niché for me currently, hahah. Also great to see you again, Gimme! A question for your future endeavours in PMD&D, are they gonna be voiced, with text, a mix, or something completely different? I don't do super well with 'voice acting' as such as it gets very awkward very quickly.

Years
  • Hello, and welcome back on PokéCommunity!

May I suggest this ?
    The Other Side: Ultra Sinnoh
    We have a Discord server for this Pokémon RP with D&D stats, abilities and stuff, and we have just started, so I am sure it is not too late for you to come in! We chat in the server, prepare our interactions and even joint posts, before posting here!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Hello, and welcome back on PokéCommunity!

May I suggest this ?
    The Other Side: Ultra Sinnoh
    We have a Discord server for this Pokémon RP with D&D stats, abilities and stuff, and we have just started, so I am sure it is not too late for you to come in! We chat in the server, prepare our interactions and even joint posts, before posting here!

I did see this and it DOES look very interesting! But it's still the same sort of, ah... 'writing a story for yourself and occasionally collaborating with people to write a big story section' type deal, if that makes sense? I'm gonna keep an eye on it at any rate, so thank you ^^

Years
  • Now THAT sounds great! I don't hate Delibird or anything, but it's just a liiiittle too niché for me currently, hahah. Also great to see you again, Gimme! A question for your future endeavours in PMD&D, are they gonna be voiced, with text, a mix, or something completely different? I don't do super well with 'voice acting' as such as it gets very awkward very quickly.

I've had people participate as text only before, but I strongly prefer people to speak. BUT, that doesn't mean you have to put on a voice (I don't really, I'm terrible at it) if you're uncomfortable. Honestly, you can even just describe the gist of what you're doing or saying in third person completely if you want.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    P.S. I was looking for some kind of discord specifically for the RP part of the Pokécommunity, but couldn't find anything. Reckon it might be easier to find an RP if there is such a thing?
    Ah, no, I don't think there is such a place anymore. The main PC server might have writing/creative channels but I'm not sure how much RPing is discussed there. Pretty much ever since each RP started having their own multichannel server, a common one just didn't seem needed anymore I suppose.

Are you, by any chance, into DnD 5e or other TTRPGs though? c:

edit: ah just read what you wrote to gp, that you're not used to voice acting, so I guess not DnD-y then ahah. I was very awkward about it in the beginning as well but honestly if you find a good group of people it comes naturally after a while.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Ah, no, I don't think there is such a place anymore. The main PC server might have writing/creative channels but I'm not sure how much RPing is discussed there. Pretty much ever since each RP started having their own multichannel server, a common one just didn't seem needed anymore I suppose.

Are you, by any chance, into DnD 5e or other TTRPGs though? c:

edit: ah just read what you wrote to gp, that you're not used to voice acting, so I guess not DnD-y then ahah. I was very awkward about it in the beginning as well but honestly if you find a good group of people it comes naturally after a while.

I am actually, yeah! I'm... a little tempted to join a voiced game, but I definitely prefer written, even if barely anyone does that. I've managed to find a few games that have sessions like that but it requires a very skilled DM to keep it flowing properly when it's just text.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I am actually, yeah! I'm... a little tempted to join a voiced game, but I definitely prefer written, even if barely anyone does that. I've managed to find a few games that have sessions like that but it requires a very skilled DM to keep it flowing properly when it's just text.
    Purely text based DnD? Now I'm curious. Where might I be able to see examples of this? :)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Purely text based DnD? Now I'm curious. Where might I be able to see examples of this? :)

Barely anywhere unfortunately xD I have two friends who occasionally run a game like that, but one of them's gone to get some kind of NERD degree (jk studying is cool) and the other is chronicly sick, so... y'know, hahah. They're VERY good games though, typically sit down like a proper D&D session all together and then play for a good 3-4 hours. It's great fun, but it does kind of require a specific mindset.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Barely anywhere unfortunately xD I have two friends who occasionally run a game like that, but one of them's gone to get some kind of NERD degree (jk studying is cool) and the other is chronicly sick, so... y'know, hahah. They're VERY good games though, typically sit down like a proper D&D session all together and then play for a good 3-4 hours. It's great fun, but it does kind of require a specific mindset.
    I'm sure there can be interested people in this crowd here if you'd wanna give it a try :eyes: lots and lots of DnDers who are/used to be forum RPers.

ClaireSquared

The Crazy One
    Years
    • Age 33
    • She/Her/Hers
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Hey there everyone!

Hi stranger! I don't know if you remember me or really if anyone here is left who might remember me.... (Think I was last around here in 2013-2014ish) I think I see a few names from back in the day! I used to go by Claire* and Perplexity.... but I no longer remember the emails younger me used to sign up for those accounts... I remember one being hacked back then though. lol

But anyway, we used to RP a lot together and I got curious about the community to reminisce, came back and saw your post here! Created a new account to say hi, poke around and see if I could do some RPing too. Good to see you here though! <3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Hi stranger! I don't know if you remember me or really if anyone here is left who might remember me.... (Think I was last around here in 2013-2014ish) I think I see a few names from back in the day! I used to go by Claire* and Perplexity.... but I no longer remember the emails younger me used to sign up for those accounts... I remember one being hacked back then though. lol

But anyway, we used to RP a lot together and I got curious about the community to reminisce, came back and saw your post here! Created a new account to say hi, poke around and see if I could do some RPing too. Good to see you here though! <3

Awh hey there! I do kinda vaguely remember Claire... but it's all a blue from back then, so I'd be lucky if I remember ANYTHING about myself these days to be honest, hahah. It would be great to get together and do some RP'ing again, for sure ^^ I really hope you find somewhere to RP, at least!

ClaireSquared

The Crazy One
    Years
    • Age 33
    • She/Her/Hers
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 25, 2023
    Hehe it was a long time ago, so I don't blame you for it being a bit fuzzy. I think one of our last RPs together was a Sword Art Online RP. I hope you find the kind of RP you're looking for too! :3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Hehe it was a long time ago, so I don't blame you for it being a bit fuzzy. I think one of our last RPs together was a Sword Art Online RP. I hope you find the kind of RP you're looking for too! :3

Oh yeah, I do kinda remember that actually! You'd think stuff that only happened a fraction of my lifespan ago would be a bit clearer in my mind, huh? Hah, well, let me know if you find anywhere fun to RP at any rate ^^

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Yo what the heck? Claire is back too? All the old people returning is making me feel so nostalgic ;v;

Back