• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old School Games

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Anyone who has played older console games and wants to talk about them.

Here's an example:

I remember the days of the NES, Genesis, and SNES (I wasn't really around for the Atari). I also remember one game that I was hooked on for weeks on end.

Bionic Commando. No jumping, just swinging on a Bionic Arm. The challenge came from parts of the game where you had to time your swings in ways that would give Spider-Man a heart attack. But the highlight of the game, is you got to blow up Hitler. That was the coolest part of the entire game, and you actually saw his head explode! 8-Bit gore at its finest, people.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I just love Pacman < . . . . . <-- pathetic impression of game XD

Pacman is just incredibly addictive, and when you eat all the ghosts and stuff it gives you a real buzz when you win a level. I really should have another go on it sometime ^_^

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Donkey Kong, Donkey Jong Jr., Super Mario Bros., Mario Bros., Tetris, Ms. Pac-Man (superior to Pac-Man), Duck Hunt, Galaxian and Galaga.

Those are some of my personal favs. ^^ Oh, and Bubble Bobble!

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Ironicaly, The Legend of Zelda didn't made the list for TRIFORCE89. XD

For me, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Metroid, Zelda, Ice Climber, Donkey Kong, ect. I'm gona go an relive my pixcel past! XD *Plays LoZ.*

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Uhhh...
    Super Mario Bros 1-3 As Well! (I Practiclly Mastered That When I Was 2 Or 3)
    Uhh...
    Metroid,Legend Of Zelda,The DK Series,Oooo Duck Hunt! (I Killed Those Ducks XD!),Sonic-All!, & More!

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • The first Metal Gear for NES was so old school XD, I remember playing the first and secound one when my brother had it.

Also, the all time favourite orginal Mario.

Years
  • Whoo, old games. XD I absolutely love older games. There's just something about them...

I've had a game system for as long as I've remembered - even when I was young, I remember having an NES (which I still have around, though I can't use it 'cause it lacks a power cord). There are a bunch of older games that I love...the Zelda games, the Mario games...

Ah yes, I remember more now. Blaster Master, and the Adventures of Lolo series (though I've played those within only the past few years, admittedly). I love those. XD And there are still some more that I like...

The SNES has some games I like as well, though those are mainly RPGs. ^_^;;

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • before I even owned a system, I was addicted to the Donkey Kong arcade game. I also went to my fiend's house to play his NES, where I got addicted to Metroid, Super Mario Bros., Ice Climber, and Dokney Kong...again. Once I got my first console (SNES) I pretty much got addicted to the sequels of the above games, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, DK Country. I was also hooked on Tetris Attack for a long time...

*Nintendo fanboy*

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • It's the typical classics that roped me in I'm afraid. Mario 1/2/3, Zelda, Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter, Mario Kart, Sonic, Golden Axe, Mortal Kombat, Streets of Rage, etc etc etc. XD

There were also a load of odd titles that've now become personal classics. I don't think anyone will have heard of them though.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • Most of you is talking about the SNES or the NES.. That aren't very old consoles :P Old would be the very old Atari games ^^

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • My first two systems were the Master System and NES, and I was playing games on them that were developed in 1986 (the year I was born). Nearly 20 years ago. That's old, regardless of what came before them. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Oooh Oooh! Space Invaders! I love that game. My score's massive, but I'm not going to be able to remember all those digits, so I'm no going to bother check and stuff. XD

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    One of my favorite games Was this Obscure little game That I can't remember the title of it, but it was for an old game system...You opened doors, and the bad guys walked in them, Then you closed the bad guys in the door and locked it... Stupid sounding, But fun!

Back