• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Old School Music?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Gonna make this a collaboration thread of Gens I and II! Now, how did you generally like the music within the Gen I and Gen II pokemon games? Compared to the later gens of pokemon, how did you enjoy them? If we had to compare Gen I music with Gen II music, which one would you say you liked better?

Those are just general questions for this thread; you're free to discuss the music in general! In addition, what are your favourite types of music that were played in both these games? You're free to make a list of them, as well as an explanation of why!

For instance, one of my favourites would be:

The Azalea and Blackthorn City music from Gen II. Just because I love how vibrant and lively this theme is, and y'know, I can definitely listen to this for quite a long time; it's very peaceful, yet, a song set for adventure, if that makes sense. :3

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I've always stuck by my opinion that RBY and GSC had some of the best battle music in the series. The Gym Leader theme from RBY (and to a lesser extent its 2nd Gen update), the Champion theme from RBY, and the Rival and Champion themes from GSC. Feeling goosebumps the very first time you entered a Gym battle in RBY and you heard that music. Awesome.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • RSE had the best music to me. I'll admit that RBY & GSC had some gems when it comes to soundtracks, but when comparing to the later games it doesn't really compete for me.

Sirfetch’d

RSE had the best music to me. I'll admit that RBY & GSC had some gems when it comes to soundtracks, but when comparing to the later games it doesn't really compete for me.

RSE does to me too have the best.

That said, after RSE I think GSC has the second best music. It may be the nostalgia talking here but there is just something soothing about listening to the older Pokemon music. I could do it all day for relaxation. And have!

Years
  • In my opinion, the best soundtrack is in Pokémon GSC.
    Has much soundtracks very good. For example the music Vs Red and Lance, the music of the Rival (Silver) or the Kanto and Johto Gym Leaders.
    If is of a Town, my favourite is the Violet City theme.
    The song of the victory road also is very contagious xD
    The first generation also has a good soundtrack, for example the music Vs Champion Green, or the Lavender Town's theme.

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I happen to love the Gen II music, and when i am playing Soulsilver or LAZ's LiquidCrystal, i always switch to the retro music.

Best track is Gold/Silver's Kanto Battle theme for trainers and wild pokemon.

Years
  • I feel that GSC has the best music out of the two. From such tunes as those you hear in Azalea Town and Blackthorn City, to Dark Cave/Slowpoke Well/Ice Path's BGM, and the music that plays when you battle Lance, Gen II had some unforgettable music.

Years
  • Some of the soundtracks in G/S/C were my favorites in the series, including a few which I liked more in the originals than I did in the remakes. My two favorites would have to be the Game Corner music, and you may think I'm crazy, but the music inside the Ruins of Alph (all 8 notes of it!) is still one of my 3 favorite pieces of music from the entire Pokemon series.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • They are definately one or my favorites also the ruins of alph music is prob my fav

Years
  • Gosh, that's hard to decide. I love them both so much. I don't think I can choose a favorite, they're all so great for so many different reasons! The opening is probably my favorite in RBY, along with Pallet Town (asfjdh nostalgia!!!) Vermilion City, Saffron City, and the sweet themes for all the gym leaders and E4. But they're also really, really excellent in GSC. I love Ecruteak, Azalea, Blackthorn... Ughgjshgk so good. uvu

Back