• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old school player, trading for the first time!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Hey, I'm Chris from London.

I'm new to the whole trading thing - never did it before Moon. I guess Moon just makes it easier. I don't normally "forum" - but I got a pokemon with Pokerus in a trade and am trying to work out exactly how rare it is, how good it is and more importantly - if I can transmit it to my other guys! :D

Nice meeting you all! :)

Years
  • Hi Chris from London.

Trading certainly is easy in the new generation. It's great!

Pokerus is very rare. I've only had it once, and that was about 10 years ago in Pokemon Gold. I believe it has a chance to spread to nearby Pokemon in your party after each battle.

Nice meeting you too!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    Hi regarding pokerus, if its still infected (if says PKRUS in the stats screen) it can pass the pokerus to others Pokemon in the team after a battle (it's a bit random but should take long)

But at least in X/Y at midnight the Pokemon heal the pokerus and it can pass the condition any more to other Pokemon, so the best way to do it's keep a Pokemon infected in a PC box, take it out just to pass the pokerus to others. But dont worry, now in Alola its easy to train the Pokemon so the pokevirus it's not as necessary as before

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Hi Guys, thanks so much for the welcome.

That's some good advice! I've kept it in the boxes so far, but I'll see if I can spread it tonight to some weaker pokemon too - then I can "share the wealth"! :)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Hey, I'm Chris from London.

I'm new to the whole trading thing - never did it before Moon. I guess Moon just makes it easier. I don't normally "forum" - but I got a pokemon with Pokerus in a trade and am trying to work out exactly how rare it is, how good it is and more importantly - if I can transmit it to my other guys! :D

Nice meeting you all! :)
    Hey Chris, welcome to PC.

Pokerus has approx. a 1 in 21,845 chance of being generated on a Pokemon, so ya it is very rare, almost thrice as rare as finding a shiny.

It may spread, if the infected Pokémon is in ur party after a battle, but only spreads to a Pokémon directly adjacent to the infected Pokémon & only if they have never had Pokérus before.

Pika Pika :chu:

Back