• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Hey, I'm looking for a mentor.

I'm most interested in the ROM hacking forums, mainly because I find that with the tools available, I find it to be the easiest way for me to begin exploring the process of game design. This is something that I want to be able to take up as a Career when I finish school, and I want to know if this is the sort of thing that would actually keep me happy. Most of the other programming languages(When I say other, I mean other than PVS) I have tried learning online are too advanced for me to begin learning the basics. The PVS editor for the pokemon roms is finally something that I can get the hang of....And with all of these other tools to work with the things such as maps and sprites, I feel I have everything I'd need to get started. The reason I'm looking for a mentor is that I've run into several road-blocks when it comes to actually using the various tools and methods for hacking my copy of Fire Red, and I feel I'll run into many more. I find it helps to have someone assisting you personally, rather than trying to derive alot of this stuff from tutorials(For tutorials are set to a specific topic, and not usually to your specific needs). As for whether or not I'll venture into the other portions of the forums......Why not? I've been a fan of pokemon since I was about 5 years old(13 now) and I'm sure I'd be willing to mingle with the community.

Hopefully I covered everything asked above. I'm looking forward as to seeing whether or not somebody selects me as their mentee(As the thread puts it).

As your main interest is the ROM Hacking boards, are there any other boards you might be interest in besides that? I'm not trying to pull you away from the boards. Since dragon456 already has three mentors already, I (or Snivy) would be more than happy to take you around the boards if you like.

Hey Dokiro here... I'm new obviously. :D
    1) What boards are you most interested in?
    I'm interested in ROM Hacking and Research and Development boards.
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    I'm trying to get a grasp on this whole ROM hacking thing.
    (I used to just edit maps using Advanced Maps to make things easier and quicker to travel throughout the game. Sometimes I would add a couple of grass areas and such. So I suppose I have some familiarity with certain programs but there is much much more needed to be learned.)

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Yes I would eventually like to get to learn/see new parts of the forum. But in the end my main focus would be on ROM hacking and Development.
    4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Specific? Yes, mainly I am here to learn completely how to make my own pokemon hacks and contribute to the PokeCommunity. :D

Since this is your first post, why not make an intro thread here? :D

as dragon456 is unavailable to take another mentee (unless he comes in xD), Snivy or I are willing to take you in and give you a tour of the ROM Hacking sections of the forums. :D

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
    Years
  • I am interested in roleplaying and writing fan fiction, but I mainly joined for the Rom hacking resources......If I can't get anyone to assist me with that, I personally see no real point in a mentor.....

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Hey, I'm looking for a mentor.

I'm most interested in the ROM hacking forums, mainly because I find that with the tools available, I find it to be the easiest way for me to begin exploring the process of game design. This is something that I want to be able to take up as a Career when I finish school, and I want to know if this is the sort of thing that would actually keep me happy. Most of the other programming languages(When I say other, I mean other than PVS) I have tried learning online are too advanced for me to begin learning the basics. The PVS editor for the pokemon roms is finally something that I can get the hang of....And with all of these other tools to work with the things such as maps and sprites, I feel I have everything I'd need to get started. The reason I'm looking for a mentor is that I've run into several road-blocks when it comes to actually using the various tools and methods for hacking my copy of Fire Red, and I feel I'll run into many more. I find it helps to have someone assisting you personally, rather than trying to derive alot of this stuff from tutorials(For tutorials are set to a specific topic, and not usually to your specific needs). As for whether or not I'll venture into the other portions of the forums......Why not? I've been a fan of pokemon since I was about 5 years old(13 now) and I'm sure I'd be willing to mingle with the community.

Hopefully I covered everything asked above. I'm looking forward as to seeing whether or not somebody selects me as their mentee(As the thread puts it).

Good day to you, sir! ROM Hacking certainly will help you in your future especially if you're planning to become a game designer in Nintendo or something xD So of course, I'd be willing to help anyone who is really interested in the awesome world of ROM Hacking! You're in! :3

Hey Dokiro here... I'm new obviously. :D
    I'm interested in ROM Hacking and Research and Development boards.
    I'm trying to get a grasp on this whole ROM hacking thing.
    (I used to just edit maps using Advanced Maps to make things easier and quicker to travel throughout the game. Sometimes I would add a couple of grass areas and such. So I suppose I have some familiarity with certain programs but there is much much more needed to be learned.)

Yes I would eventually like to get to learn/see new parts of the forum. But in the end my main focus would be on ROM hacking and Development.
    Specific? Yes, mainly I am here to learn completely how to make my own pokemon hacks and contribute to the PokeCommunity. :D

Okay, awesome, Imma take you in as well! Let's conquer the ROM Hacking world! Go Ultra Ball! :3

Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    I havent played a real pokemon game in the longest, I've played pokemon black, but hardly :( so I really won't be into the competitive stuff. But I definitively want to be able to get into the Pokemon general discussions :)
    Pokemon general, off topic discussions too also maybe a bit of pokemon black just to get back into the pokemon feeling.
    Definitely Emulation. Since all I need for that is a computer and not need to buy more stuff :P
    Have fun and meet people :)

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I havent played a real pokemon game in the longest, I've played pokemon black, but hardly :( so I really won't be into the competitive stuff. But I definitively want to be able to get into the Pokemon general discussions :)
    Pokemon general, off topic discussions too also maybe a bit of pokemon black just to get back into the pokemon feeling.
    Definitely Emulation. Since all I need for that is a computer and not need to buy more stuff :P
    Have fun and meet people :)

Hi there Abolish!
    Seeing as you're interested in Pokemon General Discussions, perhaps you'd like to be mentored by Toujours? She's our friendly neighborhood Pokemon General Moderator who knows that section like the back of her hand, and she participates in a lot of the Off Topic Discussions. :D

Years

• Hi there Abolish!
    Seeing as you're interested in Pokemon General Discussions, perhaps you'd like to be mentored by Toujours? She's our friendly neighborhood Pokemon General Moderator who knows that section like the back of her hand, and she participates in a lot of the Off Topic Discussions. :D

I'd love to be mentored by her then! :) If she'd life too then it would be great!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Great recommendation by Cello. :D Toujours is a great mentor and also a great moderator. She will take you in shortly today! :)

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
    Years
    Sprite making, pixel art, that type of stuff and game development with RPG Maker VXAce
    Pixel Art,
    Yeah, maybe. I mostly like Generation 3 and before but any pokemon discussions are fun.
    Yes, I would like to greatly improve my ability as a spriter and find people to help me work the project I just started.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Sprite making, pixel art, that type of stuff and game development with RPG Maker VXAce
    Pixel Art,
    Yeah, maybe. I mostly like Generation 3 and before but any pokemon discussions are fun.
    Yes, I would like to greatly improve my ability as a spriter and find people to help me work the project I just started.

Hey bud!
    All that sounds right up my alley. Sending you a PM riiiight now!

Years
    • :D
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    :D

Challenges, the Off Topic ones, and maybe Culture and Media
    Not really sure, ...
    Yes, why not?
    Have fun, grow as a person, rada rada, etc. This kind of things

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I'll take you on for the off-topic sections if you like, Chibi!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Heh, I can come on to chat to you and make sure you're doing alright. I'll PM you in a minute.

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
    Years
    Pokemon Battle Revolution things mainly :/
    I'm not quite sure what this site has to offer
    yes
    Make friends and rivals :D

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    List updated for Razor Leaf & Chibi Et Random. :)

Pokemon Battle Revolution things mainly :/
    I'm not quite sure what this site has to offer
    yes
    Make friends and rivals :D
    I don't get what you mean by Pokemon Battle Revolution as I am not aware nor familiar with it. Although if you are looking for general Pokemon discussions, I can suggest Cello for you. ^.^

ShadeDraco

Uninspired Writer
    Years
  • List updated for Razor Leaf & Chibi Et Random. :)

I don't get what you mean by Pokemon Battle Revolution as I am not aware nor familiar with it. Although if you are looking for general Pokemon discussions, I can suggest Cello for you. ^.^

It was a Pokemon game made for the Wii, like Stadium was for the N64 only without the minigames. Thanks for the recommendation too

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Your welcome, though for the mean time, if you have any questions about the board, feel free to approach me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back