• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I would like to get to know the sections, Art gallery, fanfiction and game development. :D anyone available?
    Please sign up the application form first, but yes I do believe that there are some available mentors in terms of those sctions.

1) What boards are you most interested in?
    Pokemon Trivia, Emulation & Game Development threads mostly. That's really all there is to it ^_^'

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    The metioned Pokemon Trivia and Hacking. :D

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Hmm Not really. Unless there's something that catches my eye.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Just having fun with other members and making friends.And of course, learning how to make a new rom based off an original one.
    I'll contact BinaryPeaches for you, the moderator of Pokemon Trivia. She's quite the ace when it comes to those things. :D

rom hacking
    rom hacking
    The Fanfiction/Writing sounds really good.
    I want to know more about rom hacking, and read some of the fanfictions,but i focus on rom hacking.

Snivy063 will be my mentor then.
    I'll be asking giradialkia, though he isn't a mentor, who knows? He might like to help you out! If not, then I'll take you on. :)

Game Development
    Emulation , ROM Hacking
    Yes . I want to learn more about Pokemon and stuffs.
    I'm finding resources and ideas . My in-making Game gonna include the owner of the stuff that i use.
    I heard Cello already took you on? That's great! Good luck to the both of you! :D

This is a pretty cool idea!

1) What boards are you most interested in? I'd say between pokemon general, gaming central, and the generations.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Probably Emulations. Seems like it's a lot of work.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? I would. I love to post, Not spam, but post.

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? Make friends, learn more about pokemon that I don't know, get my post count in the thousands (the right way, no spam) and maybe have a couple of battles or two and challenge gyms that belong to members.
    I will be asking Sydian for you if she is available or not, if she isn't I'll be asking another mentor, hope you can wait till tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. ^^

I'm new, and looking for a mentor...Big thanks to anyone who chooses me!

Mostly ROM stuff, but all of them.

ROM Hacking, I really want to see tutorials first-hand...

Yep. I love forums, especially about things I like. I wont spam...

Make friends, have fun, and learn about ROM Hacking, making a PKMN Hack, and Emulation...
    DrFuji seems to be available, but yeah ROM-hacking is serious stuff so I'll be asking either DrFuji or giradialkia.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Wow everyone here is so nice btw I'm new here. O I'm kinda looking for a mentor also:D

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Please sign up the application form first, but yes I do believe that there are some available mentors in terms of those sctions.

I'll contact BinaryPeaches for you, the moderator of Pokemon Trivia. She's quite the ace when it comes to those things. :D

I'll be asking giradialkia, though he isn't a mentor, who knows? He might like to help you out! If not, then I'll take you on. :)

I heard Cello already took you on? That's great! Good luck to the both of you! :D

I will be asking Sydian for you if she is available or not, if she isn't I'll be asking another mentor, hope you can wait till tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. ^^

DrFuji seems to be available, but yeah ROM-hacking is serious stuff so I'll be asking either DrFuji or giradialkia.

I have no problem with waiting! :D will someone notify me when I have a mentor or do I just check back in this thread? :paranoid:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey guys! For those of you that just joined, welcome aboard! I've returned from my short Demotion Leave, and I'm ready to help anyone out that is in need of a mentor! Just a few reminders though:

1. It is highly recommended that you post here if you would like a mentor, that way Snivy and I, as well as our mentors can give you suggestions.

2. Be sure you make an introduction thread while we look for a mentor for you! We'd love to welcome you, and be friends with you. Don't be shy! :)

3. For those of you who are ROM Hackers, you will need to be a bit more patient as our two Emulation mentors (dragon456 and DrFuji) are only limited to a certain number of mentees. Snivy and I are also willing to help. You are more than welcome to state other section interests besides Emulation. :)

And with that, glad to see ya here! I look forward to seeing ya around. ^_^

Wow everyone here is so nice btw I'm new here. O I'm kinda looking for a mentor also:D

Welcome. :3

You may need to specify what section you're interested in. Take a look around the forums, and well, come back and let us know! ^_^

MagmaRuby

Looking for a hacking team
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm looking for a mentor and I would like someone to work with me with sprite editing/creating, hacking Pokemon Black and White to make my own Pokemon Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire if possible, how to import custom music into ROMs, and finally , good ol' Pokemon talk and team discussion;D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm looking for a mentor and I would like someone to work with me with sprite editing/creating, hacking Pokemon Black and White to make my own Pokemon Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire if possible, how to import custom music into ROMs, and finally , good ol' Pokemon talk and team discussion;D

I can get you a mentor to at least show you around the Emulation boards, but I can't guarantee you that the mentor would help you out with your hack. If you simply want someone to help you out with just that, then maybe try posting in the Help Recruitment thread. Hope that helps! :)

Years
  • Okay, here goes ^_^

Alternative Pokemon Discussions
    Creative Discussions (Especially Emulation! I love a good ROM ^~^. Touhoumon being my favorite)
    Technology and Media!
    the computers and techonology one, sspecifically :3.
    Definately!
    Make new friends ^~^, and see other peoples writing and art, and get some criticism on my own :)

Uhhhm...I'm not too sure who my mentor would be DX....eek!....

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Okay, here goes ^_^

Alternative Pokemon Discussions
    Creative Discussions (Especially Emulation! I love a good ROM ^~^. Touhoumon being my favorite)
    Technology and Media!
    the computers and techonology one, sspecifically :3.
    Definately!
    Make new friends ^~^, and see other peoples writing and art, and get some criticism on my own :)

Uhhhm...I'm not too sure who my mentor would be DX....eek!....

I think the mentor that's best suited for you is Hybrid Trainer, since you're interested in the Technology & Media section (especially Computers, wee!). He'll be more than happy to take you in. ^_^

7highstraight

Lucky 7
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    1)I'm trying to get into romhacking

2)this one seems alot like the last question, so same

3)I guess, a little.

4)I plan on becoming a decent scripter and eventually making my own hack.

Years
  • Hi to Meganium90 !
    Here I go . .

Creative Discussions (Emulations)

Emulations, The ROM Hacking. I'd really love to learn how to make a Hacked ROM (Sprite, Script, Mapping, etc)

Of Course. General Pokémon Gaming Discussions is really interesting :D

Making new friends of course, can hack a ROM properly, sprite nicely, and fluent my english, can trade Pokemon via gameboid/vba/no$gba.

So umm, who is available to be my mentor, please? :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 1)I'm trying to get into romhacking

2)this one seems alot like the last question, so same

3)I guess, a little.

4)I plan on becoming a decent scripter and eventually making my own hack.

Hi to Meganium90 !
    Here I go . .

Creative Discussions (Emulations)

Emulations, The ROM Hacking. I'd really love to learn how to make a Hacked ROM (Sprite, Script, Mapping, etc)

Of Course. General Pokémon Gaming Discussions is really interesting :D

Making new friends of course, can hack a ROM properly, sprite nicely, and fluent my english, can trade Pokemon via gameboid/vba/no$gba.

So umm, who is available to be my mentor, please? :D

Mind if I direct you both to Dr. Fuji? He mods the Emulation section, and he'll be more than happy to take you both around the sections if he can, and show you where you can learn how to make a ROM Hack. :)

For the case of ForeverYoung, Sydian, Cello, and bobandbill are mentors for the General Pokemon Gaming sections, if you're willing to learn more about that section, then I can get someone for you to show you around that section if you like. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    im looking for a mentor that will accept my needs which are:
    im most intrested in rom hacking nothing else i want a rom hacking mentor

Years

• Mind if I direct you both to Dr. Fuji? He mods the Emulation section, and he'll be more than happy to take you both around the sections if he can, and show you where you can learn how to make a ROM Hack. :)

For the case of ForeverYoung, Sydian, Cello, and bobandbill are mentors for the General Pokemon Gaming sections, if you're willing to learn more about that section, then I can get someone for you to show you around that section if you like. :)

I think Dr. Fuji is not available anymore. Can I take dragon456 instead? :D
    I wanna focus on ROM Hacking atm. At least until I make my own first hack.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I think Dr. Fuji is not available anymore. Can I take dragon456 instead? :D
    I wanna focus on ROM Hacking atm. At least until I make my own first hack.

That's alright! Whatever you feel is necessary, I understand! dragon456 is indeed available, so I can direct you to him and if he's up for it, he'll definitely take you in. :)

im looking for a mentor that will accept my needs which are:
    im most intrested in rom hacking nothing else i want a rom hacking mentor

ROM Hacking mentor it is! Both mentors are available, so I can direct one of them to you right now. :D

Dirk

Prince of Heart
    Years
  • I'm not really a new member, I've had previous accounts and stuff on here, but I like name changes, so I keep making new ones >_> Is it okay if I get a mentor, just to talk to and get myself into the community? I find it hard getting involved in stuff on big forums, because I don't really have any specific talents... I also have MSN, if we can talk on that?

I'd mainly stick to Off-topic discussions and occasionally Technology and Media. Nothing else really interests me at all, as I'm not really a big fan of Pokémon (bit weird, seeing as I'm on a Pokémon forum, after all) and the rest of the forums are ROM hacking, art and stuff, which I don't really have an interest in.

Well, I'm happy with where I am right now, I guess. Venturing out elsewhere wouldn't be bad, though.

See above, haha.

Well, I answered that in the first paragraph, but I'd like to get talking to a lot of people and feel like a part of the community. I don't just want to be that guy that posts, like I usually end up being..

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • As long as you haven't been as active in the past two months, then I don't see that as a problem. Besides, you have the interest to learn more about PC which is good!

I see you're quite interested in the Off Topic Discussions as well as T&M, in which we do have mentors available for that! So, whichever you feel like learning more about, you can always count on a mentor being there for you! :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Hey there Dirk, you're with me! It seems we have pretty much exactly the same taste in places to post (I only really ever frequent off-topic and one section of T&M, so we should get along fine :)

Adventurousguy13

Newbie Trainer
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    uhh.....pokemon roleplaying boards (I think)

um...uhh....maybe....any boards that have to do about pokemon manga series

what?....huh?...uhh....I-I don't know....

hmm.....maybe....get to know everyone in here and be friends with them (I 'guess) and to have fun too.....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back