• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Wha..? I... I thought that the child inherited 6/12 of the parents IV's...how the hell did I manage to get a Torchic 31 25 26 31 31 31? I must have gone through only 300 eggs for this result. Am I just lucky or something?

That aside there is not any real strategies for this is there? There is the power item thing but it only works for one parent from what I have heard. So even if you have the power lens on one and anklet on the other it will only choose between one of the two.

...seriously 3/12?

EDIT: Is there anyone who would be willing to take me through the mystery (to me) that is RNG 5th gen? I have looked up guides but they were not much help. Again I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Getting completely flawless is extremely hard when not using RNG. But getting near-flawless (Which is Iv's like 31/30/31/31/30/30) isn't that hard when Iv Breeding. :3

But RNG is a lot faster and easier (In Gen V) to do. But Iv Breeding is do-able on all Ds consoles and doesn't require external programs (RNG Reporter)

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Wha..? I... I thought that the child inherited 6/12 of the parents IV's...how the hell did I manage to get a Torchic 31 25 26 31 31 31? I must have gone through only 300 eggs for this result. Am I just lucky or something?

That aside there is not any real strategies for this is there? There is the power item thing but it only works for one parent from what I have heard. So even if you have the power lens on one and anklet on the other it will only choose between one of the two.

...seriously 3/12?

EDIT: Is there anyone who would be willing to take me through the mystery (to me) that is RNG 5th gen? I have looked up guides but they were not much help. Again I would appreciate it.

Bearsfan092 has amazing RNG help videos. I learned just by watching them. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Also, if you're on a Mac (in which you'd use PPRNG instead of RNG reporter) I'd be able to help you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Is it just me or is the TC a lot slower than it use to be? I mean Saturday night is usually when people come out of hiding no? So where are all the trades happening. Did I miss something in the time that I left? It was only 2 or 3 weeks.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Is it just me or is the TC a lot slower than it use to be? I mean Saturday night is usually when people come out of hiding no? So where are all the trades happening. Did I miss something in the time that I left? It was only 2 or 3 weeks.

Slower? ;; You mean it has less activity. Usually at around 5:00Pm+ GMT 0 is when I notice the trade corner getting active.

Nothing has happened whilst you were away. Hopefully things will happen whilst you're here, like the trade corner revamp.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the reason why the Trade Corner is starting to get slow is because no one's trading their own stuff anymore. Everyone has everyone else's Pokemon and most people are asking for Mat or those Popular DW Pokemon, namely Vulpix and Poliwag.

At this stage I'd prefer standard IV bred Pokemon rather than RNG abused Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Standard? As in IV bred? I thought flawless where near impossible to get this way. Do you mean breeding for certain IV's?

Regardless I am now learning how to RNG and I have to say watching someone do it and being shown how is a lot better than reading and winging it. Though I am still going to be trying to IV breed.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    When I say standard, I mean before RNG was figured out. Meaning you're breeding and breeding with multitudes of Pokemon until you get the desired IVs. Sometimes you can get lucky in getting a few decent ones.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Spoiler:

I want, but hoping next year Worlds is Bisharp or Eelektross. Wonder how long this will be rare until it gets spamed.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Well say hello to my first ever Gen IV abuse. It's also from a legit wonder card that I got myself. I'm super proud of this one and I got a good nature the second time I hit my seed! (The first time I advanced the frame one too many times and got a half flawless Hardy nature).

Mew
    Natue: Bold
    OT: FAL2010
    IV Spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Non-Redis
    I guess this guy is going to be a baton passer. I don't think I'll ever trade it though since my cloning method (GTS spoofing) doesn't work with those annoying ribbons.
    Yay for forgetting to pick up your Wonder Cards!

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    Well say hello to my first ever Gen IV abuse. It's also from a legit wonder card that I got myself. I'm super proud of this one and I got a good nature the second time I hit my seed! (The first time I advanced the frame one too many times and got a half flawless Hardy nature).

Mew
    Natue: Bold
    OT: FAL2010
    IV Spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Non-Redis
    I guess this guy is going to be a baton passer. I don't think I'll ever trade it though since my cloning method (GTS spoofing) doesn't work with those annoying ribbons.
    Yay for forgetting to pick up your Wonder Cards!

Lucky guy! I've been trying to get a Mew....since I missed the last event.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Meanwhile, at swag university, I've run out of ideas for Pokemon to breed with Egg Moves. I guess I could still go with the Pansear with Nasty Plot and Heat Wave, since I still have that original Smeargle, but any other suggestions?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years

Meanwhile back at hall of justice...
    I can't seem to find a shiny wild pokémon spread where the timer0 doesn't pms on me.

I've found out that my timer0 actually stays more consistent when I have one keypress rather than none. With no keypresses, I have to try like 5 times to actually hit my seed, whereas with one keypress, I usually get it on the first or second try.

Meanwhile, at swag university, I've run out of ideas for Pokemon to breed with Egg Moves. I guess I could still go with the Pansear with Nasty Plot and Heat Wave, since I still have that original Smeargle, but any other suggestions?

Personally, I'd like to go for egg move combinations that can only be achieved through use of 3rd gen move tutors. The Munchlax in my thread is one such example, but I'm sure there are many more.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I've found out that my timer0 actually stays more consistent when I have one keypress rather than none. With no keypresses, I have to try like 5 times to actually hit my seed, whereas with one keypress, I usually get it on the first or second try.

I've always got it set to 1 keypress, but since I'm trying to find a capture spread I've increased it to 2. Still haven't found a spread though. ;__;

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Personally, I'd like to go for egg move combinations that can only be achieved through use of 3rd gen move tutors. The Munchlax in my thread is one such example, but I'm sure there are many more.
    I guess I could do that, considering I have a 3rd generation game, and a DS Phat/Lite, which I don't have. :x

I meant some nice ones which are unique that not a crap ton of people have like Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Teeter Dance Lotad.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    Help for 5th RNG
    I want to start to learn RNG for a shiny flawless egg and I never try to RNG a wild pokemon before.
    Do I need to have the egg ready before the calibration or after the calibration please?

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Yes, deposit parents and have the daycare man hold any egg first. Save right in front of him if you're abusing frame 1. If you must advance the frame via withdrawing from the PC, save inside the daycare building in front of the PC.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    Yes, deposit parents and have the daycare man hold any egg first. Save right in front of him if you're abusing frame 1. If you must advance the frame via withdrawing from the PC, save inside the daycare building in front of the PC.
    Wait so is it before or after the calibration phase? and Do we need the ditto to hold anything?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back