• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Older Decks?

snowman4686

Breeder Chris
Years
  • Hey all just wondering if you can still buy the old original Decks anywhere like online?
    I have the majority of the original trading cards from when i was younger still in my plastic wallets ^^ i recently boguht the 2 black tins and the 3 starter decks (The ones with Emboar Serverpine And Sammurot On Them)
    there well made (the art is very good) but i've always been a classic pokemon lover ^^.

if anyone could tell me a website that would sell them i would be very grateful

(Tried ebay before you say ^^)

Thanks

Breeder Chris

Bastion

Nuzlocker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2013
    I don't know about online (besides eBay and websites like that), but have you checked out any local stores?

There's a game shop about 30-45minutes from where I live that buys and sells old video games, cards, and pretty much everything gaming related. That's where I go for my old Pokemon cards. :3

And try Craigslist as well. :P There should be a site for your area. Then shipping wouldn't be ridiculous because you could either pick up the cards yourself, or have them shipped locally.

Years
  • that trollandtoad wownt be much use to you, i tried buying from there but postage to UK knocks off any good saving, i have got quite alot of classic cards off ebay recently, im the same as you with the old school cards, currently im collecting, base set, fossil, jungle, team rocket, gym heroes and legendary collection. Got a few of the new sets, hgss etc, but just not the same.

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • There's a website I like to go to called GamingEtc.com where you can sell cards. They have fair prices for singles as well. I just looked and they have a 1st edition Charizard near mint for $20.

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    Im totally out of the loop with these cards. I collected the base sets and got the boosters for them, fossil and Jungle. Do people still battle with these cards along with the new ones? or do each new generation of cards make the previous cards pointless?

Years
  • Im totally out of the loop with these cards. I collected the base sets and got the boosters for them, fossil and Jungle. Do people still battle with these cards along with the new ones? or do each new generation of cards make the previous cards pointless?

Totally forgot to complete my reply to this.

Basically, it depends on if you're doing competitive play or not. You cannot use these in competitive play unless they were reprinted in a currently tournament legal set, which, for the foreseeable future, are the four HeartGold SoulSilver sets, the Call of Legends set, and the three Black and White sets, as well as the Black Star promos that begin with either HGSS or BW for their numbering, and the two trainer kits from the HGSS and BW sets.

Back