• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Oliver Twist asks for more! 5th Game.

Do you want a 5th Game?

• Yes - I want all the storylines in one

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No - Two sequels is fine

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • I'm indifferent

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    IMO if BW2 got a third game that would be taking it too far, the conclusion of all this Ghetsis/N/Plasma/Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem scenario should conclude in these games and then they should move on to the next games weather that be RS remakes assuming Hoenn doesn't depute in B2W2.

Yes, I entirely agree.
    GameFreak's too smart to take it too far. They don't want Pokémon to go down the same path as Yu-Gi-Oh. :P
    However, you never know what they might do. I mean, B2/W2 were a bit unexpected, right?

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
    So, if these are sequels, will THEY get a third instalment? Or is Game Freak dropping that idea altogether?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    There is nothing meaningful to 'tie in', nor ever was there in any generation, only frivilous version differences.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, we could potentially be looking at six Unova games this generation too... perhaps a "Gray" as an enhanced B/W, and a "Gray 2" as an enhanced B2/W2. Assuming that GameFreak tries to milk Unova that far, that is. Who knows what those crafty developers are thinking... I think whether any sort of "Gray" comes out is going to be largely dependent on how B2/W2 are received and whether people are sick of seeing Unova after these games. If the gamers still want more games set there, then Gray, or even Gray 2 might be in the future. But if Unova's worn out its welcome with the new games, then the chances are slim.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    indifferent...but i'd really much rather see a new generation instead...curiosity always kills :D

i wouldn't mind a 3DS version of pokemon stadium/coliseum/battle revolution either...matter of fact.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A post in another thread made me realise this.

So basically there was an interview back about a year ago where it was said that there wouldn't be a third game by Mana Ibe. Technically that's right, because if Masuda just said there wouldn't NOT be another version and that other person said that there won't be third game, then that means Masuda is technically correct, and so is Mana Ibe, and we may not get the third/fifth game. I hope that isn't true though. :(

But yeah, look at the wording... technically that does mean no third game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    There's no need for a "Pokemon Gray". B/W 2 will do the same thing that Platinum did, but even better. We get 2 games, an extended story, and 2 new forms for a Pokemon! This was a great and unexpected move from GF and I'm glad to see them mix it up a little. People have been complaining for years that Pokemon was the same old thing over and over again, but they've proved they aren't out of ideas!

I also don't think we'll see remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. The 3rd generation can still be imported into 4th gen. games and then into 5th gen. games. Plus, Groudon and Kyogre were in HG/SS. There's no need for a R/S/E remake, at least right now. Also, we shouldn't rush the generations. Everyone seems to be disappointed in Gen. 5 and saying they want Gen. 6. If Gen. 5 disappointed you, do you really think you'll enjoy Gen. 6? Chances are, people will do the same thing for Gen. 6, and claim they want Gen. 7. Slow down and enjoy B/W 2 before you go into the next generation.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    A post in another thread made me realise this.

So basically there was an interview back about a year ago where it was said that there wouldn't be a third game by Mana Ibe. Technically that's right, because if Masuda just said there wouldn't NOT be another version and that other person said that there won't be third game, then that means Masuda is technically correct, and so is Mana Ibe, and we may not get the third/fifth game. I hope that isn't true though. :(

But yeah, look at the wording... technically that does mean no third game.

Oh wow, I completely and totally forgot about that interview. So he was telling the truth after all!
    It's funny that the majority of Pokemon fans shrugged off that statement as we're all so used to that particular game rotation.
    Also shows how unexpected sequels were. We thought it was either a 3rd version or nothing at all. :P

Anyways, I agree with the majority of everyone else in this thread. A 5th game is completely unnecessary. As said, it would make the 5th generation last far too long.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not quite dead yet!

I figured I might as well post my thoughts based on the screenshots since I had nowhere else to post (FINALLY MORE POSITIVE THOUGHTS).

[17:31:25] <@ForeverAfraid> ...wait hang on
    [17:31:27] <FlameJuli> On the picture to the right, just under the map, it has that fenced area... thats what it would be
    [17:31:34] <@ForeverAfraid> if this IS opposites sorta and set after
    [17:31:39] <@ForeverAfraid> we're getting a third game imo
    [17:31:47] <@ForeverAfraid> *fifth
    [17:32:07] <@ForeverAfraid> they need something to be the ying to its yang
    [17:32:33] <@ForeverAfraid> since you cover half of your journey and half of the others
    [17:32:41] <@ForeverAfraid> so you'll need like a way to tie them in together i think
    [17:32:48] <@ForeverAfraid> as in combine the two journies/stories
    [17:32:54] <@ForeverAfraid> FIFTH GAME YES

In other words, unless you meet the B/W protagonists in B2W2, then chances are there will be a fifth game where they do come together tbh (with a completely redesigned region - set 4 years after everything, aka ties up where everyone's at now). Maybe after R/S remakes, possibly. :3; Just seems weird they're going with a new character set tbh.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
    Not quite dead yet!

I figured I might as well post my thoughts based on the screenshots since I had nowhere else to post (FINALLY MORE POSITIVE THOUGHTS).

[17:31:25] <@ForeverAfraid> ...wait hang on
    [17:31:27] <FlameJuli> On the picture to the right, just under the map, it has that fenced area... thats what it would be
    [17:31:34] <@ForeverAfraid> if this IS opposites sorta and set after
    [17:31:39] <@ForeverAfraid> we're getting a third game imo
    [17:31:47] <@ForeverAfraid> *fifth
    [17:32:07] <@ForeverAfraid> they need something to be the ying to its yang
    [17:32:33] <@ForeverAfraid> since you cover half of your journey and half of the others
    [17:32:41] <@ForeverAfraid> so you'll need like a way to tie them in together i think
    [17:32:48] <@ForeverAfraid> as in combine the two journies/stories
    [17:32:54] <@ForeverAfraid> FIFTH GAME YES

In other words, unless you meet the B/W protagonists in B2W2, then chances are there will be a fifth game where they do come together tbh (with a completely redesigned region - set 4 years after everything, aka ties up where everyone's at now). Maybe after R/S remakes, possibly. :3; Just seems weird they're going with a new character set tbh.

Well, that is kinda true but the chances are that the B/W protagonists meets the B2/W2 protagonists is still very high. Right now, for me, the chances of having a fifth game is quite low...

Comerion

DGXZ
    Years
    yeah definitely 2 sequels in one, I think nintendo are trolling us to by them both by making virtually the same game with a different name lol XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Is is just me, or is it a teensy weensy bit presumptuous to be thinking about any fifth game/linking game/any other game at this early stage? I kinda want to wait until BW2 come out before making any type of speculation or hypothesizing about the future. However, for the purposes of discussion, I'll wildly speculate that BW2 will be a fitting conclusion to the Unova games so a fifth game wouldn't be necessary. If a newer game were released, I imagine it'd have to overcome my completely unfounded opinion that Game Freak would be doing it for the money alone and not for the fans.

But that's just wiiiiiiiild speculation on my part.

Back