• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG POKEMON BANK [Now out! It's been 3000 years...]

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
  • I am not giving a damn about the Battle Tree until the Bank update goes live.

What do you guys think will be unlocked from this in SuMo? I was thinking (out there btw haha) that with a newer patch update that corresponds with the Bank functionality unlocks certain new features and things in the games themselves.

...like the non-Battle Tree Mega Stones being found in the wild for starters.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I'm personally being very wary in the equally likely what-you-see-is-what-you-get scenario in which we're pretty much stuck with the Mega Stones available in the region probably until third game/sequel.

... This seems excessive, but keep in mind all the good stuff happens when the third game/sequels happen anyway. D:

....Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh that would be so lame yet something GF would do I fear this possibility.

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
  • I'm hoping to have PokeBank not to bring favorites over (though that's part of it), but to bring over some Pokemon so I can Masuda Method breed them in Alola, as there are a quite a bit of Pokemon that aren't native to the region. Plus, I have a few Shinies on my Omega Ruby I need to transfer over anyways.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I am not giving a damn about the Battle Tree until the Bank update goes live.

What do you guys think will be unlocked from this in SuMo? I was thinking (out there btw haha) that with a newer patch update that corresponds with the Bank functionality unlocks certain new features and things in the games themselves.

...like the non-Battle Tree Mega Stones being found in the wild for starters.

I'd just be happy to get the Non-Alola Dex Mega Stones available.

My usual go to Mega is Gardevoir and I've got a Shiny Embrace Pokemon that I caught myself ready to bottle cap but without the Mega Stone I can't build my ideal team.

However I think there will be an event for them. Whether we get it in Europe or not is another matter.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2017
    I also thought it was out not because of this thread but i been searching up poke bank last few days coz they said jan 2017 its almost middle to end of januray still nothing. n came acorss a site that said it was out but i was mistaken.. i was also dissapoint :/

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Calling it now, it'll go live that Monday the 16th or early that Tuesday, considering Battle Spot Season 2 begins the 17th (where it officially allows non Alolan Pokedex Mons into the fray)

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I am sooooooo ready to send my team and shinies over in SM, I'm wayyyy too lazy to redo prefect IVs and such rip

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • So who thinks Bank would probably be out at some point next week?

How I wish, tho I don't want to get my hope's high. A friend of mine told me
    that Nintendo is really good when it comes to vague announcements.

Anyways, you'll never know when they are going to release an update. I'm having
    a wishful thinking that prolly, tomorrow is the day. Wishful thinking indeed.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • idk if my Pokemon are still in Bank since reformatting my 3DS but if they are then I've got a bunch to transfer over from X/Y. I'll also send over some from ORAS and maybe my White save which has the majority of my Pokemon on atm. I think Bank will release the week commencing 23rd, hoping it's earlier than that though!

Dusbusk

Shiny Searcher
    Years
  • Quick question regarding the Pokebank: Are we capable to transfer mons back to Gen6, or will transferred Pokémon stay in Gen 7?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'll primarily bring over Pokémon that I need for my Alola Dex; since there's no National Dex, the only non-Alolan Pokémon I'll need would be for my competitive teams. I'll definitely bring over some parents, but otherwise I won't have a whole lot to bring over. A lot of my teams kind of fall apart without the necessary Megas. And since colours is right, in that once you transfer the Pokémon to gen 7 you can't enter it back into a gen 6 game, I wouldn't want to transfer any teams that use any of the unavailable Megas.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm planning to bring over my hoard of breedables into Sun & Moon, as well as my living dex into the Gen 7 bank if they're separate so I can finally mark it as completed again.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I won't be transferring a lot over mainly Pokemon that I need for the Battle Tree or Pokemon that I'd like to use but weren't in the game for whatever reason.

So that's Mienshao line, Jellicent line, Sceptile line, my Blastoise and the Bulbasaur line. My Shiny Lilligant and Garchompwill be coming too as will my Shiny Gardevoir as even though Gardevoirite is (inexplicably) not in the game I'd like to get some ribbons on her.

As for Megas with all most of my favourites not being available and most of the Megas available either not fitting my team, Overpowered nonsense I refuse to use or just flat out unappealing, I'm left with a choice of Blastoise, Venusaur, Alakazam, Garchomp or at a push Metagross for my Mega but I'd ideally like to use Sceptile or Gardevoir for my Mega. Extra Gen 1 Pandering points to Game Freak for putting the Kanto Starters Megas in and not the Hoenn starters. :(

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • It's likely that once you transfer to Gen VII, they stay in Gen VII and can't be transferred back to Gen VI. I can be wrong though, but I think that's how it worked last time?

It works exactly like that, as this graph illustrates

OMG POKEMON BANK [Now out! It's been 3000 years...]

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I've got a full living dex in Bank ready to transfer. From Bulbasaur right through to Volcanion, including every form difference and gender difference. (E.g. Every single Vivillon pattern, male and female Pyroar, all 4 Deerling/Sawsbuck forms, etc etc etc...)

One thing I am super looking forward to is seeing every Pokémon in Refresh. :3

Back