• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen OMG RUFFLET WHY CANT I FIND YOU?

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • The 3 Pokemon that are Unovish and you can't find it at your version:
    PKMNB PKMNW
    Cottone - Petlil
    Gothia - Solosis
    Vullaby - Rufflet
    You have the bla- example:
    Like when you have Pokemon Black Version, and you wanna get for example... a Solosis, you can't find it, you visited pokemon.marriland.com, bulbapedia, or Serebii, and that Solosis is only available in White, and that Gothia only at black.
    Did you feel sad?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I do believe that it is somewhat ridiculous that you can only find certain Pokemon in the wild in certain versions. But, if you think about it, it makes sense that they would do this. Because making different Pokemon appear in different games is done because Nintendo has only one thing in mind: Money.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • They made "version exclusive Pokemon" to entice you to buy both versions of the game or trade with a friend who has the opposite version as yours.

It's really not that hard to do either of them, although the first option is rather expensive...

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • I do believe that it is somewhat ridiculous that you can only find certain Pokemon in the wild in certain versions. But, if you think about it, it makes sense that they would do this. Because making different Pokemon appear in different games is done because Nintendo has only one thing in mind: Money.

No one ever said you had to buy both games.
    It's very easy to complete your Pokedex without ever having to buy both games, or spend any additional money.

Years
  • Pokemon was intended for Japan, hence they do that so you can use your C-Gear and trade with complete strangers. It's a good sales pitch...until you release it in America...

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I don't feel sad.
    Ya see, I choose the version with the exclusives I like the most (I chose Diamond 'cos of Murkrow and Stunky, for example).

Problem is that you may not have friends who have different versions from you.
    Unless you have wi-fi, 'cos then it's just a simple matter of seeing the version exclusive pokémon in your pokédex then asking for it on the GTS.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • They've always made version exclusives. It's a little annoying, sure, but it doesn't bother me that much. I've got White, and I'm thrilled to have a badass Braviary on my team.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I pretty much new what I was getting into before I got the games but I was kind of sad when I found out that Golthia is a Pokemon Black exclusive and I did not like its counter partner one bit. The real reason why I got Pokemon White was because of Rufflet being in it because I did not want to get a Vullaby.

:t354:TG

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Well, the games have had version exclusives since gen 1 =P

Originally I don't believe that it was intended for people to get both versions; you needed a link cable way back when, and it was more or less for friends to get different versions and trade around and such in order to complete the pokedex - yea, you could get both versions, but you'd need two consoles anyway. And the version exclusivity is almost moot now with the GTS, except for those without wifi access

A lot of the feature though really are geared only towards Japan, like the entralink and C-Gear and such being local proximity things, consider pokemon's popularity/the density there compared to elsewhere.. unfortunately, makes it a lot harder for us :p

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Maybe guys some of them want to have the Pokemon of the 2 games,
    Like, lets geeeeeeeeeet Vullaby and Rufflet, Somebody want to see all Pokedex entries, so he has 2 rufflet (or cloned his rufflet) and traded the other Rufflet with Vullaby, he saw Vullaby's Pokedex entry.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I don't see a problem. The GTS usually has trades for version exclusives. And forums like this are great places to make easy trades.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    You can only catch it legally in White sadly.

But you have White, one good place to get Rufflet would have to be the route leading up to Victory Road, it should be around level 38 or so when you find it.

Hope that helps.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Cottonee & Petilil are not 'really' version exclusive as females are given in the trade in Nacrene City.

Tornadus & Thunderus. Why I bought the other version.

"The Thunderus you gave me won't work..."
    "Hulk is disappoint! Hulk... SMAAAASH!"

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Yes, I like Solosis better than Gothia, Petilil better than Cottonee, and Rufflet better than Vullaby. I only got Black because of Reshiram... And I also like Thundurus better than Tornadus UGH.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Meh, I'm used to the version exclusive game they play. Besides, my brother usually always buys the opposite game version from mine, so I can always trade with him... as long as I do it before he hacks his game apart with AR...

I'm happy with the exclusives in White anyway. Reuniculus, Lilligant, and Braviary are awesome :)

Back