• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG Shiny!

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Heh, after about 600 hours of playing time between Gold, Silver, Sapphire and Emerald, I finally found my first shiny not called Gyarados. It's a shiny Electrike no less.

I'm thinking of training him up for use, any ideas as to moveset?

IVs go something like this:
    HP 11/Att 21/Def 30/Speed 02/Sp Att 02/Sp Def 21

and has a Naive nature, with Hidden Power Fire base 48 if I wanted to use that (only better than Thunderbolt on Forry/Scizor/Magneton, pretty useless otherwise). It's all a bit sucky, to be fair, but it'll be fun for comedy purposes.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    I thought it was weird when almost half of my shinies are Vulpix and they aren't common at all in the game.

I've gotten the PokeRus a lot. I mostly got it from Bad Eggs. :)

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    I guess you can get it to learn Bite. You could also try Thunderdancing with HP Water. I guessing you don't want to try Hidden Power again. :\

Last edited:
    Years
    Toothache said:
    Heh, after about 600 hours of playing time between Gold, Silver, Sapphire and Emerald, I finally found my first shiny not called Gyarados. It's a shiny Electrike no less.

I'm thinking of training him up for use, any ideas as to moveset?

IVs go something like this:
    HP 11/Att 21/Def 30/Speed 02/Sp Att 02/Sp Def 21

and has a Naive nature, with Hidden Power Fire base 48 if I wanted to use that (only better than Thunderbolt on Forry/Scizor/Magneton, pretty useless otherwise). It's all a bit sucky, to be fair, but it'll be fun for comedy purposes.
    I found my first shiny last week after playing ruby. It was my second random encounter in Rusturf tunnel, a shiny whismur, I had done everything else in the game before BUT catching a shiny, I finished the ruby pokedex before I saw a shiny. :\

On my emerald(emulator) I was at Battle frontier in the 2v2 battles with a partner and my partners pokemon turned into a shiny

Years
    Seriously, it took me 5 minutes to find a shiny, I was just helping my sister get past something.. :) (It was a Paras, I think it was in GS)

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    In-game, no breeding Manetric:

Manectric (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Static
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Bite
    - Thunder Wave

Just simple EVs as I don't know the standard.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2006
    Manectric (M) @ Petaya Berry
    EVs: 44 HP / 220 Spd / 244 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Bite
    - Substitute
    - Thunderwave

Thunderwave as you don't have the right HP. I'm pretty sure those are standard EVs.

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
    ok, this is off-topic, but when you use Evs, exactly what do you mean. I have only seen EV's in netbattle. How do you do the EV's in the actual games?

gerudodragon1

Ganons Minion, Gerdodragon1
    Years
    Allegoric Zapdos said:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SDef
    - Thunderbolt
    - Bite
    - Substitute
    - Thunderwave

Thunderwave as you don't have the right HP. I'm pretty sure those are standard EVs.

no no no, it cant be timid. it has to be naive

anyway heres my idea.

Manectic@ Lum
    Evs:34 hp/ 224 spd/ 252 satk
    NAIVE +spd, -spatk
    -thunderbolt
    -swagger
    -bite
    -thunder wave

you could lose swagger for sub, i just chose swagger coz im a risk taker. that and manectrics subs arent all that impressive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2006
    gerudodragon1 said:
    no no no, it cant be timid. it has to be naive

anyway heres my idea.

Manectic@ Lum
    Evs:34 hp/ 224 spd/ 252 satk
    NAIVE +spd, -spatk
    -thunderbolt
    -swagger
    -bite
    -thunderbolt

you could lose swagger for sub, i just chose swagger coz im a risk taker. that and manectrics subs arent all that impressive.

Why T-bolt twice? Lol. Naive is - SDef. Why Lum? You won't be met with Umbreons ingame will you? Even if you battle a friend, they're not that common. I put Substitute there for Petaya Berry. Adjust my EVs accordingly and three subs will activate the Petaya Berry.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Allegoric Zapdos said:
    EVs: 44 HP / 220 Spd / 244 SAtk
    - Thunderbolt
    - Bite
    - Substitute
    - Thunderwave

Berries actually suck, Leftovers is better. It has to be Naive as that is the nature of the Pokemon he caught is Naive.

gerudodragon1

Ganons Minion, Gerdodragon1
    Years
    my appologies i meant for that second thunderbolt to thunder wave and i messed up on the nature but honestly how often do i use naive.

its a waste such a rare item like leftovers on a mediocre manectric. but if you got 'em im all for it.

ingame i still like Lum, the AI ingame is nothing like the metagame so youll actually get status conditions more often in than in NB bcoz they do stupid things like "alakazam used toxic".

i would prefer leftovers on this but its put to better use on probably anything else in his party.

Last edited:
    Back