• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG, SO EXPENSIVE!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    usually, I'd say about $70-100 a year?

Of course, if it's a year where I get a new console, then at least $400 or more...

I think this year I've cost like... close to $500 O_O
    With my brother's stuff, that's probably about another $200

How my Mom got all that money, I have no damn idea, but hey, I'm happy, so my bro. :D

Zet

Years
    maybe $200-$300, but this year I've spent/will spend close to $1000(vita was a large chunk of it and all these good collector's editions coming out D:)

Years
    I stick to the specials, because game prices in Australia are absolutely ridiculous. New PSP/DS games are $70, new Xbox/PS3 games are $90-110 and PC games are $70-90.

I'm glad I do stick to the specials, because my Steam library, calculated at full price (today, not on release) is worth $1065.36 USD.

I would probably spend more if I had a console as there are a few PS3 exclusive games that I would want to play.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I hate to say this, but about $800 last year...

Sad thing is, the year is halfway over, and my video game spending is rivaling last year. ><

Years
    Uhh, well I think all I've spent on video games the past year (Aug 2011-Now) Is like $30, a $5 PC game and my 3DS that I got with a ton of store cred & a discount. :|

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    I've spent about 300-ish this year... but that's because I got a PS3 and a few new games. I don't expect to get any more because I've already spent more than I'm perfectly comfortable with... and most years I spend about 300.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I've done really well with games this year. Other than the new 360 I bought at the beginning of the year (since Gamestop had a really good trade-in special and mine was getting old and I was afraid it would RROD anyday), I've only bought three games this year - and I used a gift card for one of them. So all-in-all I've spent like...$67 on games this year, not counting the 360. That's really good for me, since usually I've spent at least a couple hundred by now.

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
    Lately I have spent most of my money on a 3DS & Games, and not a lot else. Wasted money on crappy Forza 4 though. Best purchase this year? Probably Kid Icarus.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
    Probably 60$ a year. Usually I buy one game a year. And prices themselves...they are overpriced, but only by a little. I think $49.99 is right, but it seems most prices are going towards 59.99

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    800+ on video games. It's not that I buy a lot of games, it's when I do buy a new game, I go for the highest edition edition. Those $160 editions run you dry quick.

I think games are priced good right now. They are rather cheap for how much goes into making one of them, but I'm ok with that

Years
    I'm glad that I got a majority of my games free through work in the last year, otherwise my total would probably be nearly $1500 if I had bought them brand new (I probably hadn't even spent that much on games and consoles in my whole life up to age 18). As it is, I still spent nearly $250 last year after buying a DS with a few games, and a couple pre-orders for PS3.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I don't know my average, and I'm too lazy to go further then 2011 so I'll give you 2011 and 2012 thus far.

2011: $800
    That was just games (I did get a few limited/collectors editions) just from me. Not counting what my brother bought, and not counting a new guitar for Rock Band 3 (I think I spent $90 on that), and not counting the game guides I got (I'd say that's another... $40 perhaps).
    2012: $390
    Now that's counting the 4 months of SWTOR I paid for (it's like $15 a month. I count this because it's an MMO and you sort of have to pay to play the game). I also built a gaming PC this year. So if I were to count that and everything I bought for the PC then that'd be close to $1500 on top of that $390.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    i usually spend about 30-50 dollars or so on games a month now that i have more income so around 360-600 bucks a year.

games these days are expensive as hell but to think about it the games cost the devs so much that they have to sell high to make a profit so i dont love the fact that some games are 50+ dollars but i understand why. helps that i get games used most of the time since my local gamestop is pretty popular and is well stocked with new and used games at all time long as the game isnt too obscure or unpopular....its just awesome like that

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    It can be a very expensive hobby, to be sure...

I could very well have spent about £1,000 in a year on gaming while I was at University. While in town, I'd usually find older games that I wanted, but never got the chance to buy, pretty much forcing my hand into getting them. The thing is though, I never used to keep track of how much I had spent, so I could be just over-exaggerating the total. I could have probably spent about that much over an 18-24 month period, more likely.

But now that I'm out of uni and lacking a job, I've really had to curb my taste for gaming. I tend to only go for those I know I specifically have an interest in, such as the upcoming Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 (which I'll be saving up money to get both), and the upcoming Fire Emblem title. So for this year, I would say... I've spent about £170+ on games; of what I can remember, Final Fantasy XIII-2, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower and a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy are what I've purchased so far, this year... so one could say I've not been doing a very good job in trying to stop myself from blowing what little money I have on video games... heh...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Too much. I'm starting to cut back on games I buy and make sure I actually beat the game. I buy so many games that either I don't beat or end up not enjoying like I thought I would. And sometimes I may like it and want to beat it, but I get unmotivated and just can't go back to it. So it's a problem. Limiting myself to a few games that I'll buy kinda sucks, but I don't wanna squander my money.

The most money I spent on games was likely in 2010. I bought a 360, Bioshock, and Final Fantasy XIII. I rarely play my 360, I didn't get far on Bioshock, and I was really into FF13, but got disinterested and just can't pick up again. And I think I bought Tales of the Abyss around the end of the year. I got really into it, lost motivation, and now I just wouldn't be able to pick up where I left off. And if you count how much was spent on me in general for video games that year, it's even more. Someone bought me HeartGold, someone imported White for me, I got a lot of Wii games for Christmas. The sad part? I know one of those games, that I really, really wanted, still hasn't been touched. At all. I never have played it. And it's apparently a good game. So yeah. Gonna watch what I buy and what I ask for from now on. This year, I've bought a 3DS, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Final Fantasy XIII-2. The former two I LOVE to death. The latter...was into it for a week. Got bored. Yawn.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Probably less than $300 anymore. Too expensive and my friend has a contact at GameStop that gets us $10 copies of brand new games, so even when I get them, it's either off Amazon, that guy or used.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    I really don't know and can't say. I buy whatever piques my interest some years I might buy just one game the next I'll get a new console and several games like the 3DS this year. If I had to guess 50 minimum and 400-500 maximum for a new console and games to go along with it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I'll usually spend about $200 - 300 max on games, which to some might be a lot, and to me sometimes, is a lot, but I know I don't splash cash. I'm actually quite tight with my cash, but sometimes I just can't resist. I spend already $90 on Diablo III and Rayman Revolutions for my cousin's brithday and Soul Callibur IV/V?; for $160 together, a total of $250 spent. :x

Back