• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Omg, this stuff is actually UU? (UU RMT)

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Fang
    ---
    Since Smogon made Aero UU, I've been abusing the piss out of this highly broken Pokemon. Choice Band variety, hits hard and fast. If I snag a nice prediction it can be game winning.
    ---
    Glaceon (F) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 248 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Blizzard
    - Ice Shard
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    ---
    Glaceon, broken in UU big time. Specs Blizzard can OHKO Sharpedo through its resist and 2HKO Ninetales through its resist. I hardly ever use anything else other than Blizzard on this set, but HP Electric is for hitting random stuff that resists Blizzard and doesn't get OHKOed through the resist, usually Water types. Ice Shard for priority, beats Reversal users and Pokemon that I barely missed the KO on.
    ---
    Leafeon (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/138 Def I'm considering running 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def since sometimes I seem to not have quite enough defense.
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Curse
    - Leaf Blade
    - Wish
    ---
    Leafeon, one more broken UU. The main physical wall on this team, Leafeon can easily OHKO back most physical threats. Because of the lack of STAB on most moves that hit Leafeon SE, it can set up on physical attackers and sweep if the enemy special sweeper is dead. Sometimes I notice I don't have enough defense to take STABed CB hits, so I might dump some more EVs into Defense.
    ---
    Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP/44 SAtk/212 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Softboiled
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    ---
    Clefable, another broken UU. Fable switches in on any special hit other than a Specs Blizzard from a Glaceon and sets up in their face. She's immune to entry hazard damage, immune to poison and burns, and can deal heavy damage once she's set up. I've swept many a team with her since I smacked a damaged Primeape on the switch.
    ---
    Muk (M) @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Sticky Hold
    EVs: 252 HP/128 Atk/8 Def/120 SDef
    Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Haze
    - Poison Jab
    - Ice Punch
    - Protect
    ---
    Muk can wall decently well. He also hazes for me. If someone else is trying to pull a Lotus sweep like I do with Fable, Muk comes in and stops it straight away. It takes Bug Buzz from Specs Venomoth that plagues my team to no end, and hits some of its counters hard on the switch with Ice Punch. It also beats Venusaur and such with Ice Punch.
    ---
    Claydol @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 212 HP/144 Def/152 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earth Power
    - Psychic
    ---
    The last broken UU on this team, Claydol takes fighting attacks for my team, lays rocks, spins other rocks off, kills Weezing, kills Steelix, and hurts a lot of stuff on the switch. It also comes in when I'm predicting a Psychic aimed at Muk.

Overall, I've been doing quite well with this team, even sometimes in standards. The only problem I sometimes have is Specs Glaceon trouble, but every team has Specs Glaceon trouble because it hits harder than Heracross and it is hard to have a 4x resist on her STAB.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Not rating the whole thing, but just thought I'd throw out a question. What about when Blizzard (often) misses? Ice is such a poor defensive type that there should be plenty of things that will hurt you very badly. Usually you see Glaceon backed by Abomasnow for that reason. Plus, you've got poor speed (I guess maybe approaching average in UU), meaning if you miss Blizzard, that's 2 free moves your opponent gets. Glaceon is pretty beefy, though, I guess.

Of course, I've never used Glaceon, so I'm just wondering how well this actually works.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    venasaur is actually a UU according to smogon. i think venasaur is actually the best grass type around so it definitely deserves consideration on your team. in any case, it's a way better pokemon than leafeon.

since you want a defensive tank, just go

venasaur@leftover/black sludge
    modest nature(+spatt -att)
    252hp 138def 120spdef
    -sleep powder
    -leech seed
    -energy ball/leaf storm
    -hp ice/hp fire/sludge bomb(sludgebomb for non-shoddy only)

this guy can take a lot of hits especially with all the fighting type physical sweepers around these days(albeit with the help of sleep powder and leech seed). it can take some special attacks very well too.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Looks like a decent team. Just a few comments on your sets and possible problems.

Beware of random scarf pokemon. Stuff like Sharpedo and fighters like Hitmonlee could catch you off guard. If Aero gets killed, you might have a problem with Swellow, as nothing here switches safely.

Leafeon - I wouldn't support a Curse set, he has sucky sp.def so passing Wish or Curse would be difficult. Also Aerial Ace is inferior to Return, imo.. on a support set you should try Roar, Wish, Leaf Blade and Protect or Baton Pass.

Glaceon - Relying on Blizzard? good luck to you. 70% is really shaky, it could be on the set, but only used as a last resort kind of move. Ice Beam, HP fight, Shadow Ball is all you need for a good specs set. Ice Shard is ridiculous because of Glaceon's base ATK.

Muk - Great Curse user, I suggest using it with Shadow Sneak, Brick Break, and Poison Jab, or just make it a sleep absorber with Poison Jab and Brick Break possibly.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    venasaur is actually a UU according to smogon. i think venasaur is actually the best grass type around so it definitely deserves consideration on your team. in any case, it's a way better pokemon than leafeon.

since you want a defensive tank, just go

venasaur@leftover/black sludge
    modest nature(+spatt -att)
    252hp 138def 120spdef
    -sleep powder
    -leech seed
    -energy ball/leaf storm
    -hp ice/hp fire/sludge bomb(sludgebomb for non-shoddy only)

this guy can take a lot of hits especially with all the fighting type physical sweepers around these days(albeit with the help of sleep powder and leech seed). it can take some special attacks very well too.

Leafeon & Venasaur can't possibly be compared. They are two totally different pokemon, with two totally different roles. Vena can't pass a Wish, or a Swords Dance, or a Curse. I don't like it as a Curse passer, though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Leafeon & Venasaur can't possibly be compared. They are two totally different pokemon, with two totally different roles. Vena can't pass a Wish, or a Swords Dance, or a Curse. I don't like it as a Curse passer, though.

he wanted a physical wall and venasaur is a decent one especially in UU. i just thought venasaur might be better for his team.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Venusaur has base 83 defense, compared to base 100 Sp. Def. Last time I checked Venusaur was normally used as a subseeder or Light Screen user, and tanked from the special side, compared to Leafeon. They have two completely different roles...

~T_S

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Venusaur has base 83 defense, compared to base 100 Sp. Def. Last time I checked Venusaur was normally used as a subseeder or Light Screen user, and tanked from the special side, compared to Leafeon. They have two completely different roles...

~T_S

yes his defense stat doesn't look great and we all know its best stats are spatt and spdef, but i happen to use venasaur quite a bit so i know what it's capable of. venasaur has pretty good typing so it can be that physical wall for you who can also take SE special attacks. it's not going to withstand megahorn or brave bird well, but with smart judgement, he's a pretty good dual-wall. notice on my ev set i had ev's distributed in both defenses, which is the best way to use him.

i just don't see the leafeon doing much. leafeon has pretty good looking stats, but its movepool isn't great. i just thought venasaur may be a better wall which was why i suggested him.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    leafeon has pretty good looking stats, but its movepool isn't great.

Anything that can wall for two stats is more of a tank imo. Also, leafeon has a WAY BETTER MOVEPOOL THAN Venusaur. Leafeon can do things like AA, BB, Dig, Shadow Ball, Etc. Venusaur is limited to STABS and normal types. Leafeon ahs a pretty nice movepool. Note how T_S said Venusaur is beter as a TANK. Venusaur can't wall for Sp. Def. that well anyways. That leafeon has the capability to come in and take aphysical hit, and can strike back with its decent atack.Venusuar just comes in and can't KO much.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Curse on Leafeon has a few problems. Unlike Umbreon and Shuckle, Leafeon would actually want to reserve its speed. Yes, it's a tank, but it has a nice movepool that shouldn't be ignored by lowering its speed stat so low.

sims796

Years
    Anything that can wall for two stats is more of a tank imo. Also, leafeon has a WAY BETTER MOVEPOOL THAN Venusaur. Leafeon can do things like AA, BB, Dig, Shadow Ball, Etc. Venusaur is limited to STABS and normal types. Leafeon ahs a pretty nice movepool. Note how T_S said Venusaur is beter as a TANK. Venusaur can't wall for Sp. Def. that well anyways. That leafeon has the capability to come in and take aphysical hit, and can strike back with its decent atack.Venusuar just comes in and can't KO much.

ThE worst post I have seen in a long time. Venasaur has a MUCH BETTER MOVEPOOL. Random moves doesn't mean crap if you can't even use them. All of Leafeon's moves has piss poor coverage, each walled by steel, poison, & grass, to an extent. Shadow Ball? DId you see his Sp.Atk? DIG? WTF! Seriously, Dig? Might as well say "come on in & set up on me"! Ha, I like that one, "come on in & set up on me". Venasaur has both STAB, HIdden Power (meaning any type right there), higher base power moves, and even some physical moves, like Earthquake, which he can use somewhat effectively. Venasaur can come in, and cause much harm through status. He has Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and a nice assortment of usable moves to hurt back with (such as Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, HP, Sludge Bomb, hell, even EQ). I luvs me sum Leafeon, but don't even say that about either.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    ThE worst post I have seen in a long time. Venasaur has a MUCH BETTER MOVEPOOL. Random moves doesn't mean crap if you can't even use them. All of Leafeon's moves has piss poor coverage, each walled by steel, poison, & grass, to an extent.
    Leafeon does have a few moves that can take advantage of its longevity. Its movepool isn't good, but it's not awful either.

sims796

Years
    It can barely scrap together. Yeah, it can take advantage of his high defense, and Leaf Blade really hurts, but it isn't getting points for most creative. It does have pretty pissy coverage, even in UU standard (in OU, just terrible). His movepool is incredibly shallow, but enough for him to make a living. My point was, don't even try to compare Leafeon's movepool with Venasaur, especially with both Dig & Shadow Ball. Srsly, Shadow Ball? Dig?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I was jsut trying to prove a point that leafeon has a better moveset than Venusaur. I never meant to say that he should use Shadow Ball or Dig. Those were just examples. I prefer leafeon over Venusaur cuz it has a better physical moveset(don;t criticize me bout Shadwo Ball there) and can tank. Sorry if you misinterpreted. I'd say goleafeon for physical tanking/ sweeping, Venu for special tanking(not walling as c_dog mentioned) and double powdering. Yes, it can do that. Sorry if that was unclear.

Curse on Leafeon has a few problems. Unlike Umbreon and Shuckle, Leafeon would actually want to reserve its speed. Yes, it's a tank, but it has a nice movepool that shouldn't be ignored by lowering its speed stat so low.

Agreed, Curse really doesn;t work. I don't know what your trying to do for stats raising on curse, attk or defense i mean, can u clarify so I can recommend a better move?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Here is my definition of movepool: The list of moves that can be competitively be used.

Dig and all of Leafeon's movepool is shot out the door, just like that. I rest my case. When we look at Venusaur, it at least has the stats to attempt Curse, although it isn't that good. It also has Swords Dance, Earthquake, and Seed Bomb, as well as the variability to use all 3 choice items. (CB is almost novelty, but hey, it can work.)

The team has been rated by Sya, which basically says enough. Keep a sharp lookout for Ninetales, which will give you trouble if Muk is put to sleep and Aerodactyl is gone, or even if it comes in on Fire Fang from Aero. Claydol might be able to deal with it though, but have fun. On Glaceon, Blizzard is very iffy, and I don't like it. Sure, you're packing enough power to OHKO Kingler dare it to switch in, but Ice Beam has better PP and is usually superior. I can understand your reasons for Ice Shard, and if it works for you, then fine with me. I also usually go Shadow Ball/HP Fighting with Ice for unrivaled coverage.

sims796

Years
    Here is my definition of movepool: The list of moves that can be competitively be used.

Dig and all of Leafeon's movepool is shot out the door, just like that. I rest my case. When we look at Venusaur, it at least has the stats to attempt Curse, although it isn't that good. It also has Swords Dance, Earthquake, and Seed Bomb, as well as the variability to use all 3 choice items. (CB is almost novelty, but hey, it can work.)

Sorry to bring this up, as once Sya rates, it's a done deal already, but I must add to this. Even by your example, hardrock, Leafeon has a much worse movepool than Vena. As ABYAY said, it doesn't mean crap if he has those moves, as he can't even use them. & having a few good moves means nothing if they all have shabby coverage. Vena has Hidden Power whatever, adding more coverage than Leafeon will ever have. He has STAB Sludge Bomb, which, while pretty crappy in coverage, hits hard, Energy Ball & Grass Knot, hell, even Leaf Storm.

On the physical side, as ABYAY said, it has EQ, Body Slam(DISREGARD)DOUBLE EDGE, Swords Dance, & Seed Bomb. Plus, it has plenty of powders. Hell, it even has Reflect & Light Screen for "walling" purposes, and resists Brick Break, though it really isn't a wall, per say. It has Sleep Powder & Toxic for disabling any switchin's or walls, & Leech Seed for MOAR PAYNE. I understood your example, you were just incorrect there.

Don't get me wrong, Leafeon's moveset is managable, & in UU, after a SD, coverage doesn't matter, as Leaf Blade 2HKO's most things. However, in comparison to Vena, it has a very poor movepool. It has enough to get by well - Yawn, Grasswhistle (if you wanna go with that), Curse, SD, Baton Pass, Synthesis is good in UU, Roar, and his shabby physical options, like Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, LeafBlade, and, um...um...Bite? Iron Tail always sucks, so yeah, that's out. Oh well. Oh, and Charm is very cool.

Sorry for doing this in your thread, Espy Psych, but I can't let such an injustice slide.

Last edited:

Divine~Deoxys

Yeah,but if you're wanting sometihng grass that's better on the physical side,and you don't mind using a BL pokemon,Torterra is the poke for you,good defnse ansd attack,doesn't get hurt in a sandstorm,STAB EQ can really hurt,good with Leech Seed and Toxic.Even though i use it in OU shoddy play,this Subseed set tends to be quite useful.

Torterra @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252hp,20def,236spd
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Earthquake
    Toxic

I do use it in a sandstorm team,as it can use lefties without losing health,but lefties+Leech Seed+Toxic = Torterra recovering twice at the end of each turn,and Toxic taking down the opponent's hp even faster.As long as you don't get a counter you're ok,and if you can Leech Seed and Toxic it then switch out,you've still crippled them.You have to wathc out for fire and ice types though,and that Glaceon Espy Psyche has coud rip it apart if Blizzard hti first time 9which it most probably won't).

Venusaur?With EQ Torterra lols at that too.Thsi set could cripple even a Blissey,although you won't meet one of thme in UU very often.

Last edited:

Divine~Deoxys

All very pretty advice, but this is a UU team. Garchomp goes OLOLOLOLOL at this team. & Of course Torterra, who is a ground type, has a better EQ. He has no place here at all.

Oh yeah,i forgot that if you do total UU Torterra is breaking the rules.
    In that case Venusaur is the best poke for the job that i can think of at the moment

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Oh yeah,i forgot that if you do total UU Torterra is breaking the rules.
    In that case Venusaur is the best poke for the job that i can think of at the moment

What the heck is "total" UU? It's either OU or UU, there's no inbetweeny tier.

Back