• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Pokémon right now?

Years
    6 for the official stuff, 10 for the fanmade stuff. rom hacks/fan games and community-driven sites (like the one i'm posting in right now) is just...better. (the only edge Pokemon has on the former is that there's way less bugs ofc, but let's not forget that rom hacks and fan games are priced at the incredible value of completely free)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    As of Sword/Shield base game (haven't been able to get the Expansions because money) I'd say probably 4 (below average). I liked Galar itself, which takes it up to near average, and my new top favorite Pokemon (Galarian Rapidash) came from there, but I'm still pretty unhappy with the series after how incredibly weak Generation VII was. If Sword/Shield had only kept the whole Pokedex and not made Exp Share All required, I would have a more positive opinion.

Years
    7. i rarely play pokemon much these days, but i think regardless of that it will always have a soft spot in my heart, plus i love discussing pokemon with others which keeps up my interest in the franchise. that said, the increasing amount of criticism/negativity/pessimism about the games does make it really hard to enjoy them, and it's not entirely the fault of the fans for having those expectations. there are areas where Game Freak can most definitely improve upon, and i hope they make more of an effort to make the next games more exciting and fun than SwSh.

if the positive reception CT got (from what i'm aware of) is of any indication, there's at least some cause for optimism.

Years
    7... But i mostly play the older games or fangames. And also making my own :P Not buying a switch for pokemon go and SS.

Years
    • Seen today
    5. I'm completely neutral.

It's just pokemon right now. Sword/Shield didn't feel special, but I don't dislike them. There's a couple spin-offs I'm still hoping for.

Years
    6-7 for me, I think? I actively watch the anime and enjoy it now still and loved the music in SwSh, but I'm definitely not at my peak Pokémon obsession. That was during gens III-V. The upcoming Snap game has me incredibly excited though, I can definitely see myself jumping to 8+ when it's out!!

AussieJimmy

Jimmy
    Years
    Im disappointed with where the games have gone to.

I thought the Alolan games were complete trash. Terrible plot, terrible game mechanics in regards to the gym challenge. I just did not enjoy it. Played through it once and that was it.

I liked the core concepts of Galar. However I did not enjoy the super basic plot or the Gmax raids. Theyre clunky and take forever to do if youre soloing them. To be honest I never liked the mega evolutions either. I think they're all just a cheap gimmick to try and keep a fresh twist to the games.

The DLC is a waste of money. Youre basically paying to expand the pokedex and play with older pokemon. And they just have you chasing legendaries, with very little context. Really woeful world building.

I wish they would just make the plots more interesting. I know its a kids game, but they should take into account that they have a large, if not larger adult player base.

I guess there's only one way to go and thats up.

I hope.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    7/10 I'd say. It's been on the rise lately because I took a long break and just recently started watching Pokemon related content more frequently as well as playing Platinum for the first time. I'm still on the fence if I should bother with gen 8, though.

Well, time will tell.

Years
    I would say 6-7. I'm not necessarily dissatisfied, more disinterested. Not really for any particular reason, I just haven't played Pokémon in quite some time and I haven't been keeping up with the anime. Other things have been occupying my mind.
    I'm silently anticipating an announcement confirming generation 4 releases, though who knows if they'll ever truly materialize.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I only play the games so this is based on only that aspect. Currently I'd say I'm at a 2 or a 3. I'm really unhappy with the direction of the games and I have little hope for them in the future. My hopelessness stems from the fact that the games make so much money regardless if they're poor quality so there isn't an incentive to do anything different along with the few interviews I've read from gamefreak and their stances/mindset.

Years
    3-4 probably, but slowly rising. I would say it was at 2 last year, so at least it's something positive. I don't like where the games are going since Let's GO spin-offs, don't really like how GF is handling the IP and how they treat their fans.

On th either side the anime is great right now and the old games will remain good. But to be completely honest, I think PC is the biggest thing that keeps me interested in Pokémon right now.

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
    Uhhh like a 4? Before the DLC probably a 3 but I liked it enough to warrant a raising. I just don't like most aspects of Sw/Sh, I still haven't finshed Let's Go Eevee and most of my involvement is fan games or challenge runs so yeah. Hopefully if they announce Sinnoh remakes that goes up but we'll see.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    6/10 for me. The remakes for Pokémon Snap and Diamond/Pearl would bump the point, but they are still a few months out.
    I don't like the hand-holding direction the newer games are going. I want to battle and trade, not throw a Pokeball on the screen. The newer games hand out exp share like it's candy... literally. Also, why did they have to monetize Pokemon Home and GTS access and Dynamax raids? Raids especially are not fun playing solo because of the mediocre NPCs, so it's as if you're pressured to get the online subscriptions. My highest satisfaction with the series was around gens 2 to 5.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    2?
    Pokemon snap and any 3rd party game is its own thing in my mind, and are typically better, but mainline pokemon is just a constant disappointment.

I say a 2, because my opinion is still salvagable, I'm open to the idea that they could change, and I don't "hate" them.
    I can't imagine what would make my opinion go lower than it is now though.

At this point I almost expect them to fail or turn out a crappy product, so I focus my energy on making a better pokemon game myself, instead of worrying/wondering why they don't.😕

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    I guess a 3-4? I appreciate them going a new direction with the new Pokemon games but sadly the 3DS games plus Sword left me dissatisfied (although I did be some fun with them and I liked Gen 7 but it were two of the third versions over DLC that irked me) but my love for Pokemon is not what it's used to as I'm generally more interested in other series (likeFF14withafreetrialupto60andincludesHeavensward). However, I still treasure many of the creature designs, collect the cards, still like discussing them, and can revisit the old games so I don't fully hate the series.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'd say 6-7/10 for now. There's still a lot I just plain love about Pokemon that goes beyond games and spinoffs. TwilightBlade said it best, the handholding and unnecessary monthly payments are annoying.. But I don't really think there's much Nintendo can do to make me truly dislike Pokemon, even if I don't care for all of their decisions.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    4/10. Designed the main storyline for new players. Worries about them quitting halfway through due to a roadblock. Weakens the experience for veteran players, however. Prefers more in-game challenges over self-imposed ones.

Complains a bit about postgame too. Becomes more challenging at the Battle [building]. Enjoyed doing that...in X/Y. Sees little reason to do so again. Looks too similar.

Liked regional variants and Dynamax Adventures, on more positive notes.

On spinoffs: Shrugs. Tried Shuffle and Rumble Rush. Disliked both (the former for too much waiting, the latter for constantly replacing Pokemon). Gave Pokken's demo a whirl. Passed. Is not interested in Cafe Mix or another Snap. Anticipates more about Legends: Arceus, however.

Enjoys Pokemon a lot in theory. Wants a fresher experience of the core gameplay. Revived a ton of interest upon discovering Nuzlockes, Monotypes, and other challenges. Seeks that once more. Will likely not occur from the next iteration of Megas, Z-Moves, and Dynamax.

Back