• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Eh, reaching 100 seems to be the minimum for us lately

Spoiler:

Long song for a 15 meter route

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Y'know, as much as I love XY (which I've talked about many a time), I've always felt that music was its weakness. Heck, despite how much I crap on Gen 4, I'd say that was the last one to have really earwormy music. Well, that and the World Tournament remixes from BW2, but those don't count.

They may not have been the greatest titles and, hell, I might go as far as to vote Gen 4 as the worst of 'em, but DPP did a fantastic job of creating music that made the region feel grand, serene, and new. I'd gladly take a remake, I can only imagine the orchestrated goodness.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

DPPt's music always felt laid-back as compared to other games'

X&Y's Gym Leader theme felt lacking and the E4 theme is so repetitive and by the time it actually crests, I'm on their last pokemon

The Flare Themes and Champion themes are pretty good though

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

And that's Series 7 finished

On to Peter Capaldi as the...let's see...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, War, 9, 10, Meta-Crisis, 11

That was his first regeneration cycle, and now he's got 13 more...

So, technically, he's the 14th Doctor, not the 12th

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I really liked HGSS's soundtrack. I think it's the best of them all.
    Gold and Silver hold best soundtrack for me. Though the remakes of the games do well in adding personality to the songs, GS was unique in that the chiptunes already complimented the environments really well and had a lot of life. They're almost completely separate in that regard, but between them I'd say that I prefer the original, though HGSS is rather ambitious.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Here's hoping Red gets added in a Gen VI game

I imagine him to be somewhere between 18-20 in X/Y, which take place the same time as BW2, which are roughly 5 years after GSC, which was 3 years after RBY, and he started his journey when he was 11

Or perhaps Red is as old as the Pokémon franchise itself?

Years

GSC had a great soundtrack, but there are some songs that just sound better remixed, like the Kanto gym leader theme.

And abour Red, I wonder if we'll even get Kanto remakes this generation...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I'm personally hoping for a Gen VII RBG remake, because it could only be fantastic, but other than that...

...I'd also like to see Red in another game, and as a character. I'd be fine leaving it at GS' Mt.Silver, but I always felt there was something cryptic about that being his last encounter. After going back to the Pokemon Center, did he go back home? Did he continue his journey? I always felt that there was something interesting about his rather detailed story after the end of the first games. Really have to wonder if he ever contacted his mother after he left.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    *cracks knuckles*

I'd love to see Firered's post game expanded on

After defeating Green, Red journeys to the Sevii islands, meeting Archer and Ariana at the Rocket Warehouse

Learning about the Lake of Rage project, Red travels to Johto and defeats Team Rocket at Ecruteak, Olivine and Whirl Islands while collecting the Johto Badges

Battling the League (first time it's Lorelai, Bruno, Agatha, Lance and Green, second time it's Will, Koga, Bruno, Karen and Lance) Red travels to Mt. Silver and battles a familiar face...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hm...

...Interestingly enough, I've always looked at it as them remaking RBG rather than FRLG. What with all of the alternate universe nonsense that's going on, retconning wouldn't be much of an issue, and it'd give them a lot more room and freedom to play around- plus, in terms of music and map design (or the little that was changed- again, FRLG was pretty damn conservative) they could practically do what they want to make Kanto feel more 3 Dimensional and alive. I'd love to see them break the standard and rebuild RBG Kanto from the ground up, redesigning maps and adding content and whatnot. Considering it's the first game in the series, I imagine such actions would be applauded in an effort to make a region that's more natural and alive.

But more than anything (well, not more than orchestral remastery of the soundtrack, but...), I'd like to see how they would do Giovanni (or Team Rocket as a whole). I've always liked him as a leader. Some say he's too simple but, personally, that's what I like about him. He has a goal in mind and the collateral along the way is merely a means to an end. He's a gangster- he respects his crew and, in return, he demands respect. He also has a very natural imposition about him, he just seems intimidating and the grip he has over Kanto is rather terrifying. He's simple, but damn if he isn't interesting. Considering how emotive and cinematic Pokemon has come in the past 2(/3) generations, as well as how much they've increased their emphasis on story, I imagine it'd be pretty interesting.

In the end, I just think a new remake of the originals would be great. Ideally, they would completely redo the game (script, maps, music, and so on) to create a fresh and ultimately better experience, but hell, I could even live with a remake on level with HGSS/ORAS.

Years

Well if they're making a Remake it'll probably be DPPt LOL.

Also got Valkyrie Chronicles on sale. Steam is such a temptation LOL. But I'm still in the middle of playing Trails in the Sky :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back