• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

On The Trainer Path (Re-edited)

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
Years
  • Okay, so, I sorta had no time whatsoever for my old story, On the Trainer Path: Scarlet's Journey.

So, to make it up to my fans (Yeah right), I've decided to edit my story over, fix a few boring things, to spark off a new story.

Here it goes. Most of the stuff I haven't changed, but some I did.

On the Trainer Path

Location: Made up region- the Criptic region, with a mixture of Pok?mon from here and there. Don't be suprised at the starters.

Summary:
    Twelve year old Evelyn Sanders has always wanted to be a trainer.
    She reckons that she has enough guts, courage, and most of all, responsibility to do it.

So, why exactlly is Lyn not a trainer yet?

Her mother, Melani Sanders, went on a expedition with a Pok?mon proffessor and a group of researchers three years back. They never returned.
    Her father doesn't want to lose her in that kind of way- Or so, he says.

Determined to get a grip of her own future, a frustrated Lyn runs away from home, taking a companion along with her, Rene Walker, her loyal best friend that has patiently waited for Evelyn to be allowed to go on her journey so that they could leave on their journey together.

Lyn and Rene go off, meet a new friend or two (I'm thinking of this as I write it.), and go on their way to the Criptic League.

Rating: PG
    Possible romance in the future... Maybe. That means light kissing, nothing more.

Disclaimer:
    I don't own Pok?mon, but I do own Evelyn, Rene, and the other characters in this story. But I do own a level 83 Latias and some other Pok?mon on Sapphire version, keh heh.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>o<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<​

She was held back.
    Her over-protective father didn't want her to start my Pok?mon journey on her 10th birthday, the usal age for kids to become Pok?mon trainers.
    Evelyn asked her father, who was reading the Beech Town news as they ate brekfast on that day.

"No." The simple, yet dramatic and horrible answer given behind a newspaper without hesitation to the astonished girl, which promptly fled to her room, leaving behind a father that had lowered his newspaper and was shaking his head slowly.

Of course, there was a birthday celabration that day, but after the party lights had dimmed, crumbs of chocolate cake left on plates, floors, and seats, presents unwrapped, he chided the heart-broken supposed trainer, gave lectures and told Evelyn that she was lucky that she was safe at home.
    That being on the so called journey of a trainer was dangerous.

She protested, of course, at least once every week of the month.
    Long arguments essued, always ending with a strained patient, 'end-of-disscusion' remark from her father, such as 'No. I'm doing what is best for you, a thing your mother wouldn't let me do.', and a scowl from his daughter.

And he held Lyn back that year, became extremely over-protective and watched the self-consious girl like a sharp eyed bird every day.
    Oh, so you ask about her social life? Nada, Lyn didn't have one.
    Except for her attentive best friend, Rene Walker, Evelyn didn't have too many friends, since everyone reffered to her as the 'un-lucky one', and worried that her miserable luck would somehow spread.

Rene's birthday. A month ago, the girl recalled, today, as she was walking home from the park, kicking pebbles along the way, wistfully imagining her and her friend on their journey, with Pok?mon...

She had turned twelve. Last year, she told her mom and dad that she would start her Pok?mon journey when Evelyn did. Lyn was afraid that she'd never get to, because of her... Guilt washed over Lyn everytime as she recalled the memory of Rene standing up at the table while they all were having her birthday dinner, and announced that she still wouldn't leave, because of Evelyn...
    As the years before, dissapointed murmers were heard from the adults, and the children all whispered to each other 'That sucks!', 'Too bad for Rene...' and so on.

Now here it was again. Evelyn Sanders's birthday.The day she turned twelve.

She wanted that this birthday would be different, the girl realized as she stood outside of her house, searching for the spare key to the house that she always kept in her sweatshirt pocket.
    Evelyn stood there, shivering, clad in navy shorts, a grey sweatshirt with hood, plain white t-shirt with the words in permenant marker that she had scrawled in the middle of it 'When will be the time?' (She always flashed that to her dad, who grunted in dissaproval or something else.), and some plain sneakers, groping around in her pocket for the small key.

After many frustrated minutes (She always kept alot in her pockets, such as little rubber ball, paperclips, etc., so, naturally, it took a long time indeed to find it.), she wrenched out the key, jammed it into the lock, and twisted it open.

"Stupid door..." She cursed as she shut it, locking the door once more.

Humming moodilly to herself, she stomped up to her room, and went over to the mirror in her room, going into a 'thinking mode'.

Evelyn Sanders sat down there, in front of the tall mirror that rested to the floor, propped up against a wall.
    Her eyes looked strangely hollow to her.
    A few minutes more, and she backed away from the shaped glass, realizing something.

She wanted the life of a trainer. Pok?mon. Adventure. Fun.
    And the girl didn't want to be cooped up in her house all her life, watching those other people recieve their Pok?mon, to see the excitement radiating from them as they left her home, Beech Town... No. She didn't want to be the one saying 'Goodbye! Take care!', no, Lyn wanted to be the one that waved, with her Pok?mon at her side, the one that felt the excitement.

Standing up, and brushing herself off, she knew what she had to do.
    "And I'll do it even if it kills me."

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • Oh, I like it! You have writing talent, very good. I am wondering what Evylyn will do. Cliff-hangers always leave me curious. What else can I say, good job, continue!

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Update! ^^;

After many minutes of thinking, boarding one train of thought, and then another...
    That moment one sentence was dragged across her head: RUN AWAY. Period. That was all.

She ran to the wide open bedroom door, and quietly closed it, not wanting her father to intrude on her 'escape' plan.
    Then, since there was no lock on the door, she pushed the purple beanbag chair next to her bed against the door.

Just for security... Just for security... She fretted, a bead of sweat appearing on her head.

After pressing the beanbag as firmly as she could against the door, Lyn raced to her closet and pulled the doorknob, finding that she hadn't cleaned it since at least a week ago.

She sweatdropped, then, as she sifted through the clutter of items, made a mental list in her head of things toi take along with her on the journey she would soon take.

Okay. Socks, T-shirts, what else...? She thought as she grabbed one of her backpacks, the grey, worn down one that her mother had left in her possesion.
    The sun was fully up now, as Evelyn had been visting the local Pok?-Proffessor's lab at the crack of dawn, like she always did, begging the Proffessor to let her have a Pok?mon, but always the same reply: 'Not until you tell me that your father approved.'

She could've faked it, but she really was no good at lying... Today she'd have to put up a extra effort.

Pidgeys outside were starting to chirp, and some other bird Pok?mon as well, signalling that it was daybreak...
    She finished packing the things, though noticing a strange, small pocket that buldged with a sphere shape, but put it out of her mind, knowing that she'd have to save the investigation for later.

Last of all that she packed, was a tiny frame surrounding a picture.

The picture was the one where the girl's parents and her were at a small carnival in... Were was it?... She couldn't quite place it....
    It showed Evelyn Sanders, as a small five year-old girl, in her mother's arms, eating a bit of rainbow colored cotton candy.
    Her dad stood beside her, laughing, seeing that Evelyn had a bit of cotton candy fluff on her nose. He looked... Happy... Sure she is happy now,but it seems so... Unreal. Fake.

Evelyn shook her head for a second, wondering why her father seemed so gruff and distant those days-

"Evelyn! Are you in there?!" Dad's voice floated in through the closed door, him banging on the door- apparently, he couldn't get in... Yet.

Panicking, Lyn zipped, then heaved the backpack up onto her shoulders, her dark blonde hair being painfully pressed under it, then ran to her desk and grabbed a piece of stationary from a small wooden box labeled Paper.

She then reached into another box next to the first one, and pulled out a purple pencil, a bit sticky from the jam she had dropped it into a couple of days ago. Licking the writing tool absent-mindedly, Lyn began scribbling a quick, hurried note, that looked like the following;

Dear Dad,
    By the time you read this, I'll be gone. No, I didn't commit suicide out of the fact that you kept me back, though if it was yet another year at home, I would've been prone to...

Were, then?
    On my Pok?mon journey.
    I'm sorry, but this

She stopped writing and search her void of a mind for the next thing to write. Hah! Got it! Corny, but effective on parents!

seems to be my destiny to travel with pok?mon. To be a trainer or researcher, like Mom.

I'm going to explore the Criptic region.
    Don't worry about me. I think I might travel with a friend.

I'll come visit, maybe after I explore Criptic. Then I'll explore a new region, like Hoenn.
    If you get mad that I've left, please Dad, don't call Officer Emmey, and don't try to contact me.

Love,
    Evelyn

There. Done. Owch, papercut... Lyn's finger started to bleed slightly, just as her father began pounding on the door, yelling at the soon to be twelve escapee, threatening her to be grounded.

Lyn bit her lip, laying down the paper on her desk, now with a few crimson droplets sprinkled across it.
    More panic surged through the girl, as she looked around for a a escape route. She then spotted the only window, the one beside her bed, raced to it, and then opened it after a minute or two of difficulty.

The huge elm tree beside her bedroom window came into clearer view; it's long, thick branches waving to Evelyn in the gusts of wind. Though looking up at the sky, and seeing that it would rain, or storm soon, she started to climb out the window and a single thought hit her as she heard sounds of the door being slowly pried open: Better hurry.

Placing a foot out of the window, followed by another, she clambered onto the first, nearest branch, taking care to keep her balance.

The door started to creak as she jumped down to the next, feeling a bit dizzy from the hieght.

The sounds of the chair she had pushed against the door giving way...

She panicked again, frozen to the next branch, knowing that soon, she'd be in view of her father if she didn't move... But she couldn't.

Then, the sounds of the door starting to open, and the voice of her father("Lyn? Evelyn-")

She quickly surveyed her surroundings, and seeing that there was a broken branch, that ment that she couldn't jump down to that one, and a gap between two branches, knew that she had only one option...

As the door gave it's finally creak, the sound sof her father bursting in, things happened to come all at once: Beads of rain started to pour down, and Evelyn Sanders, praying to herself silently, pulled herself down through the gap, and began to fall to the earth...

Soon, just as she, sweating terribly had dropped to the ground, yells of anger, and dissapointment of her father raging as he obviously found the note filled the air, as she pulled herself up, splattered with rain.

Throwing one last glance at the open window, she turned on her heel, and started to run to Rene's house.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Oh well... though I have only one reply...

Arriving at least fiveteen minutes later at Rene's home at the very heart of the town, Lyn was sheerly exausted from the run.

Gasping for breath as she unlatched the gate, while the wind howled and moaned, she started to slowly walk towards the house, in whihc hse knew her friend would must likely be.... Or-

"Lyn!! What are you do out here?! Why do you have your backpack on and- Oh!" the brown haired, blue eyed Rene blabbered worriedly as she eyed her friend through a crack in the door, who was at this point shivering furiously.

"Uh... I'll tell you later.... Some storm, huh?" Evelyn weakly grinned as Rene opened up the door, gesturing for Evelyn to come inside. Taking the cue, Lyn stepped into the rather snug home, in which Rene slammed the door shut, scanning Lyn's face with a expression of utmost curiousity; both eyebrows arched and one hand planted on her right hip.
    "Okay, Lyn, what were you doing out there? It's dangerous out there right now, y'know?" Chided Rene as she frowned at Evelyn, who was at that point dropping her worn backpack to the wooden-patterened floor of the Walkers' residence.
    "Do you really wanna know?" Asked the former 'prisoner', rubbing the back of her head clumsily.
    "Yes!"
    With that, Rene Walker dragged Evelyn Sanders over to the small, yet warm kitchen of the house, carefully pushing a near-frozen Lyn into a chair.

Twiddling her fingers nervously, she asked again, "Are you sure you want to know-"
    "GET TO THE POINT!" Rene roared, placing herself onto the chair opposite her best friend, who cringed playfully.
    "Right, right, no need for a temper involved... Okay, it goes like this. Y'know that promise I made? Well...." And so, Lyn told her short tale to the intently listening girl, who at the end, stood up and knocked over her chair dramatically, exclaiming;
    "Talk about drama, Lyn!" Then, she mused thoughtfully, "I thought they only did that sort of stuff in the movies..."

Facing her soaken friend once more with a huge grin-
    "You can stay with us for the night and all, Lyn. That is, if you want to...?" Rene offered kindly, earning a dazed grin from Evelyn in return.

"Thanks, Rene." Said the girl gratefully, knowing in relief that she'd at least have a place to stay for the night.
    "No problem. It's what friends do, right?"
    Evelyn's friend gazed at the nearby cloak that rested on a nearby wall, ticking slowly.
    "Wow... It's already eight-o-clock PM..." The chocolate-haired girl said, looking over at the hands of the clock in alarm.
    "I bet your parents are sleeping, right?"
    "Right, Lyn. Uh... I'll go get you a blanket, is it okay with you if you sleep on the couch? Or should I get you-"
    "Yeah, it's comfterable. Really."
    "Okay. I'll go get a pillow and a blanket." Rene finally said as she picked up the fallen chair, righted it, and skidded off to no one-knows-where.

"I'll be waiting on the couch...?" Evelyn called meekly to her friend, who's footsteps were heard thudding up on the stairs...

A minute or three later, the lights were dimmed, and Evelyn lay on the family's couch, wrapped up tightly in a blanket, listening to the sounds of thunder outside, which to her sounded like her father's rage when she left...
    This will be a long night... She laughed worriedly to herself.
    I wonder if- But before she could think more, she soon lay fast asleep.

Oh, no, to those of you who think Rene is mean, she isn't. She is just really concerened when it comes to her relatives/friends. But, she is a bit hot-tempered and bossy at times...

Rene: -shoots death-glare-

Heh heh... Meep! -runs away-

Years
  • Even though the original version was fanfic of the week, this one can still be fanfic of the week! Yay! Let's celebrate with a Raven sprite!

On The Trainer Path (Re-edited)

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • -Get's starry eyed- Wow, thanks... I'll be sure to update this! (This is more fun to write) Can I keep the Ravie sprite? If so.... -Goes to plant in siggie-

*_* Now I can enjoy watching Raven whenever I want! -drools-

-coughs- Ahem, well, expect a update soon!

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Thanks, oni. ^^

Okay, now...
    {Looks at non-replying readers}
    Is it alright if you guys try to post a review? I know that at least some people have read this story's current parts, but haven't posted...

So-
    Reviews and constructive critisims would be great! Thanks! {Smiles at everyone}

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • WOW! This is really good! I'm waiting for the next chapter now!

MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!! *blushes* Whoops, sorry about that! *sweatdrops*

Uum, I do have one thing to say. You're paragraphing is a bit odd... Try putting an entire line between all your paragraphs. So instead of this:

"Hi!" Nat said to Terra.
    "Hey, what's going on?"
    "Oh, not much, just being bored..."

You get this:

"Hi!" Nat said to Terra.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Oh, not much, just being bored...."

It's not a whole lot of difference, but it does make the fic easier to read!!

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Okay, I shall keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice. ^^

Terra (My new muse. XD): See, she did that since she thought that one conversation should be kep-

{Claps hand over Terra's mouth} Okay, er I'll try to do that Mew! Heh...

Back