• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Once again the Grass starter is the most liked Starter!!

Years
    Gen 1The Charmander line was obviously more popular than Squirtle and Bulbasaur.
    Gen2 People liked Cyndaquil or Totodile,and chikorita was not popular among fans .
    Gen 3 Blaziken was obviously more popular than Sceptile or Swampert.
    Gen 4 Like Gen 2 chimchar and piplup were loved by fans but they didn't liked Turtwig.
    Gen 5 First time the Grass Starter Snivy was popular than Tepig and oshawott.
    Gen 6Greninja was the most popular starter .
    Now in Gen 7 Fans like rowlet when the starters were revealed and after the Chinese leak the love for Rowlet is increasing and some fans who liked Litten or Popplio are not happy with the wrestler,siren leak.So for the second time grass starter will be the most popular.
    Am I right ??

Years
    I can see where you're going here, because when I saw the popularity polls with the Alola starters it was the exact same preference as the Unova starters upon first reveal - Grass being most popular, Fire in second, while Water was the overly hated one.

However, with the final evolutions' leaked artwork floating around, it appears Litten will be the least liked, similar to Tepig becoming the most unpopular starter in history with Emboar's reveal. Popplio's supposed final evolution and siren theme seems to be winning back people who initially hated it, similar to how Oshawott's line taking a samurai-themed route managed to redeem the otter.

Popularity rate for the Alola starters is going to end up pretty much the same as Unova, with Fire going from second most popular to least popular, while Water gains enough fans to catch up with the overly loved Grass starter.

Years
    I wouldn't jump the gun if I were you, here. :o We don't really know 100% for sure whether the leaked final starter evos are actually what they exactly look like or not.

But I am genuinely pleased at the Rowlet love. ♥
    Yeah I know it's still not confirmed but so far Rowlet is the most popular starter.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    some fans who liked Litten or Popplio are not happy with the wrestler,siren leak.

I think you have the Popplio thing mixed up here. I don't think I've seen anyone who liked Popplio before and grew to dislike it after seeing the Siren evolution. If anything, it gained popularity from it - like Hika said.

That being said, it is quite nice to see the grass starters getting some more love. I personally favoured the grass starters in gen's 3, 4 and 5 myself. But I guess the mass didn't quite agree. :P

Years
    I think you have the Popplio thing mixed up here. I don't think I've seen anyone who liked Popplio before and grew to dislike it after seeing the Siren evolution. If anything, it gained popularity from it - like Hika said.

That being said, it is quite nice to see the grass starters getting some more love. I personally favoured the grass starters in gen's 3, 4 and 5 myself. But I guess the mass didn't quite agree. :P

I think you're right I just slammed my thoughts,as I liked Litten , popplio, rowlet but now assuming the leak is real I only Like Rowlet. I Hope the leak is fake.
    P.s.
    My personal favs are same.{XD}

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
    As a grass-type lover myself, I certainly happy the fact that Rowlet being the popular one. I have no idea Turtwig would be the least favourite of gen IV though, why... it's so adorable~

As you said in gen II chikorita is the least favourite but I think most of the part is that the Johto Gym just gives Grass-type a hell kind of experience, with Flying, Bug, Steel, Ice and Dragon Gyms just waitin to chew those poor grass-types. I mean I actually like Bayleef and Meganium designs alot, and I hope Johto Starters gets Alolan Form or Mega

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    You're right. When they first revealed the starters, it looked like most of the people loved Litten, and very few liked Popplio, while Rowlet was in the middle. But now with that leak of the final starter evos, looks like Rowlet is the most loved, followed by Popplio. Litten turns out to be the most "hated", since its possible final evo turns bipedal, which hints to a Fire/Fighting type (it could also be Dark). I personally would love Litten to evolve into a Tiger, not a wrestler., although I'd choose Popplio either way xD

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Well... Typhlosion could definitely be drawn and pictured as a quadruped at times. But all official art (I think) has him standing up right. I would totally love if they kept Litten on all fours though. :)

I'd also like to state I was a Popplio fan over the other two since day 1. But that's because I feel like Litten's design isn't fitting for a starter, or at least in my eyes. It's too darn similar to Houndour (a two-stage fire/dark pokemon who is made after a domesticated animal). Rowlet's design is OK, but I think Popplio just beats them both hands down as a starter. The Siren leak (assuming it is real) instantly became my favourite when it leaked. So this will be one of the few times my starter will be a water-type on my first go-around in a gen. I think I'm getting offtopic now, though. Oops :x

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I actually feel like, while popplio may not have many fans, they certainly have quite a large prescence, and I do think it could become more popular with the final evo reveals.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yeah Rowlet is most popular right now. And honestly, it is the first time I have ever liked the grass starter, other than Hoenn. Speaking of Hoenn, I think all of the Hoenn starters were very close in popularity. I don't remember anybody really complaining about them. Not to mention I think Sceptile outranked Blaziken when Ash got it.

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
    As a grass-type lover myself, I certainly happy the fact that Rowlet being the popular one. I have no idea Turtwig would be the least favourite of gen IV though, why... it's so adorable~

As you said in gen II chikorita is the least favourite but I think most of the part is that the Johto Gym just gives Grass-type a hell kind of experience, with Flying, Bug, Steel, Ice and Dragon Gyms just waitin to chew those poor grass-types. I mean I actually like Bayleef and Meganium designs alot, and I hope Johto Starters gets Alolan Form or Mega

I personally just hate the line overall. Meganium's design is a downgrade from bayleef's. In fact, all the johto starters suck in general. Single typing is boring, movepools suck and don't match their attack stats

Years
    You're right. When they first revealed the starters, it looked like most of the people loved Litten, and very few liked Popplio, while Rowlet was in the middle. But now with that leak of the final starter evos, looks like Rowlet is the most loved, followed by Popplio. Litten turns out to be the most "hated", since its possible final evo turns bipedal, which hints to a Fire/Fighting type (it could also be Dark). I personally would love Litten to evolve into a Tiger, not a wrestler., although I'd choose Popplio either way xD

Litten's evolution is a tiger combined with a heel wrestler, known for fighting with dirty tactics a.k.a. Dark-type. But I do agree with you in that Litten's fanbase has dwindled since the final evo leak gained credibility while Popplio gained significantly. Popplio's final evolution is potentially going to become part-Fairy since sirens and other mythical creatures are something I can associate well with Fairy-type, and the majestic design is proving to redeem Popplio.

I know for Kanto and Hoenn, Fire was most popular from the get-go. Sinnoh had no clear fave. Johto, obviously had Grass as the hated one because it's Chikorita and it's called the worst starter of all time. Kalos had Fire as the initial fave (I'm sure Fennekin led early popularity polls) but its final evo broke its fanbase while Water (aka you know who) redeemed its initial unpopularity to become the best starter of the region. Unova clearly had Grass as the fave, with Fire as second fave and Water as least fave but both Fire and Water changed places after final evo reveal.

If I had to compare Alola to these previous patterns, it's definitely Unova.

Years
    I personally just hate the line overall. Meganium's design is a downgrade from bayleef's. In fact, all the johto starters suck in general. Single typing is boring, movepools suck and don't match their attack stats
    Yes it's design is very bad ,I don't why they replaced the scythe like leaf from bayleef's head to an antenna .{D:}

Years
    I actually didn't mind Meganium, personally. I dunno, sure it's not some sort of offensive powerhouse, but I didn't think it necessarily needed to be. I thought Meganium was supposed to be more passive, in a way.

Heh. I also vaguely remember Sinnoh's starter popularity contest. Torterra was good stuff.

I guess Meganium's disliking is because it's not the same badassery that the other starters were. But as I said with Sinnoh I couldn't exactly tell who was the fave of the fanbase, but I think Chimchar and Piplup were slightly more popular because of the anime.

Back