• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One day for the rest of your life

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Pick one day of your life that you wouldn't mind reliving over and over again for the rest of your life. Explain the day, and why you picked it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well yesterday was a pretty swell day. I hung out with some friends, aced an exam, and then went to a super fancy restaurant for my birthday that I've been dying to go to for two years. But if I relieved that day for the rest of my life, I'd get real old real fast.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
    28th of January 2012.

The 27th and especially the 28th were the best days of my life. Nothing out of the ordinary happened but it's left a lasting impression and is something I think about every day.

Me and my bestfriend ever spent the 27th just hanging out at my house, having a laugh, having a few drinks, and just generally spending time together.
    On the 28th it was her birthday so I took her to the cinemas, had a couple of drinks and then took her for a birthday meal. (As mentioned above, nothing out of the ordinary happened as we'd go out quite a lot.)

The reason why I wish I could relive thesethis daysday is because within a couple of weeks, we were no longer friends. We had a few minor disagreements and then a huge argument to top it all off. Well, that plus me being a terrible bestfriend and being a completely selfish c-word and ruining the friendship.
    As that's something I'll never forgive myself for (losing the best thing which ever happened to me), those couple of days mean the world to me as it was the last major-ish thing we did before falling out.

- James

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Probably a day from when I was a baby so I wouldn't remember or have the capacity to realize I was just reliving the same day over and over. That would drive me crazy if I was aware of it, no matter how good the day was.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    The day before my ex broke up with me. She was my favorite gf, my parents actually liked her and I loved her. She was beautiful and loved to game. The day before we broke up we were playing Halo 4 together, eating hummus, and watching MLP. It wasn't extravagant or anything but it's one of my fondest memories.

Years
    I know there have been several days in the past where I thought, "I want to relive this day again," but my memory has never been the greatest :c The first one that pops into my mind would be the time I went to visit my crush during the weekend of his birthday to celebrate by taking him shopping on the outskirts of Toronto, and treating him to Japanese food, which was only a couple months ago. Another one also involves my crush. It was the time I decided to visit him in downtown Toronto right after my afternoon class, but I had to chill around the mall by myself for a couple hours before he got off work. We went out for dinner that day, and he gave me a tour of his impressive workplace (reinsurance companies make me wish I was good at math). In either case, I was especially happy just spending time with him (:

Empire

Lurking since 2008
    Years
    I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone (insert X day here).

Besides I wouldn't want to constantly relive the same day, that would just send me insane.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    4th of November 2011 the day my daughter was born because it is the most special day of my life and nothing would ever replace it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    4th of November 2011 the day my daughter was born because it is the most special day of my life and nothing would ever replace it.

You realize you'd relive the pain over and over again? :o

For me, there's no particular day that's been so great I'd wanna relive until I die.

Years
    Wait wait wait, do we get to relive the day over and over without memory of the previous retelling? Or do we remember what we did yesterday and just repeat it until the end of time? Either way I don't think I've had too many days I'd want to relive over and over. Entire weeks and months sure but just one day? No please.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't think I've lived that amazing of a day yet that I want to relive it. I've had a lot of goodtimes, but none of them are relive worthy to me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Yesterday. I went to my friend Khyra's engagement party with my other friend Sally. We had the best time, we drank moscato and just talked about everybody and laughed more than I've laughed in a long time. We got all dressed up and looked really nice and fancy, and it's just one of those days where you're really aware that you're in your youth. I love those days.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    You remember those days when you find out that your crush likes you? I'll pick the latest one that happened to me.

That didn't turn out to be the case, but I didn't realize until the next day so..

All of this assuming I was stuck in a time-loop and had no memory.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    There's no day that I'd like to relive for the rest of my life. Also, wouldn't that just make it repetitive, and annoying?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Also, wouldn't that just make it repetitive, and annoying?

The point of the thread is for you to pick a day that was really special to you, something that stood out. Something that you would relive again, over and over.

Obviously you don't want that to be a random day. The OP is asking you to think long and hard.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Probably a day that I went to summer camp when I was younger. It was summer time, I had nothing to worry about and everything was free. I could simply play kickball or frisbee all day. Go swimming when I wanted and no stress. Every night I could sit by the campfire and tell jokes while eating s'mores. Sounds like a great life to me. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    I'd say my date would be a little over three years ago, when I was visiting my mother in Japan...

Back