• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    but I DO know they're all super adorable and most are around my age. Hit me up boys. ;D

I did see them on iCarly, but their acting was so bad ichanged the channel before I got to hear them sing. So as of now, I like them for their look, and their accent is hot. <3

Lol basically this. But yeah I don't like their music but they're exceedingly cute so I'll let them slide on that minor point. x]

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't actually mind them, all that much. In their heyday performing on The X Factor, it was probably natural for a lot of people to hate them simply because of their ubiquity. Now that the fever has died down (at least in the UK - good luck, America!) and their musical ability has been examined more and more... I just can't hate them. They seem happy at what they're doing, and they're honest about their lack of musical/dance talents - which I appreciate - but they're not hopeless, by any means. And while their voices aren't amazing, they're tolerable enough when given the right material. So they're bland and kinda forgettable... but that's pretty much it. I don't wish death upon them, as they've done nothing bad enough in a musical (or a moral) sense to offend me all that much.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • They're cute boys, I don't mind them.

...so long as I don't ever have to hear "One Thing" or "What Makes You Beautiful" ever again in my life.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    They're cute boys, I don't mind them.

...so long as I don't ever have to hear "One Thing" or "What Makes You Beautiful" ever again in my life.

Just hijacking this post, don't mind me. You know what I usually associate with Christmas music? Last Christmas, All I Want For Christmas Is You, all the old hymns etc. You know what I associated with Christmas 2011? One Direction. What Makes You Beautiful was ALL I heard at Christmas time, god knows why. It was terrible.

Years
  • I personally don't like their music at all. I'm not into pop music really, I much prefer rock and metal. But, with that said, I wont hold it against anyone who likes them, so long as their not trying to shove that music down my throat. :-)

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    One direction freak me out, they are possibly the most obvious example of over sexualisation of children right now.

How you seen how many times they grab their crotches in the "What Makes You Beautiful" video?

Adult women freak out over these guys, and that 'aint right. Caroline Flack even went one step further and bagged him as her boytoy.

It's just ******* weird if you ask me.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I don't really mind them. Sure they can sing, they just sing bad songs that are all the same. Some 'directioners' are really creepy and just yeah. I'm pretty most of their fans only like them for their looks instead of their talent.

i only find 1 of them cute. i don't see what the big obsession about their looks are

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think One Direction has one of the worst fanbases of all time, honestly. It's ALL over my Twitter, being retweeted and stuff. It's so bad that I'm to the point of unfollowing some of these people. It's just awful. And apparently there's problems between fans from different countries? Like...if you enjoy a band and someone else enjoys a band, who the hell cares where you live? Fans should just enjoy their bands with other fans and not give a crap about who voted for them on blah show and who didn't because of where they live. Not their fault, so get over it. And who the hell is Niall and why does everyone on Twitter say, "#letniallsing"?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I don't like One Direction at all. Good for them that they can sing and can make a living out of it, but what really irritates me is that they're currently just the latest boyband for fangirls to squeal over.

The music that is written for them to sing is nothing more than a money making scheme. Attractive boyband + songs about how insecure girls are actually beautiful (bearing in mind most teenage girls can relate to being insecure about their looks) = Guaranteed profitability.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not exactly a breath of fresh air. The charts have substantial amounts of this type of pop music.

Last edited:
    Years
  • They're like any other mainstream music band or artist, to be honest. Kind of like the Justin Bieber fiasco. I don't mind them, but the fact that some people talk to me about them and sing the lyrics to their songs constantly can irritate me.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    They're just going to end up being another New Kids on the Block.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    They're just going to end up being another New Kids on the Block.

Let's hope not; That'd suggest that they're going to be around for another 9 years. o_o

Also, NKOTB disbanded when you were a year old Chris. xD

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Isn't that what happens to most all boybands?

Sure, all must return to whence they came or something like that. I'd like to think that the Backstreet Boys have fared out better than New Kids on the Block, because according to their Wikipedia page they're still touring and releasing albums, but they'll never have the hype of their heyday ever again :( I imagine One Direction will head down the same path in a couple of years.
    I LOVE YOU BSB

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    That song "What makes you beautiful" keeps popping up on the radio (so annoying!)
    they're not even good looking...

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I AM A DIRECTIONER AND I JUST LOVE THEM SO MUCH... NIALL AND LOUIS ARE MY FAVES.

Years
  • I really do not hate those guys. It's pretty amazing that they went from some random boys, to winning X-factor and now are known worldwide.

No doubt that they are attractive. Their music is catchy, but I feel its all the same. I'm not a huge fan of that genre. They are the boy band of this generation. They will soon be forgotten. Or at least split up. Boy bands don't last long, look at N-sync or The Beatles.

The main reason they are not liked isn't because of their music, but rather because of they ****** fanbase ( Not all, but for the most part). It's the same with Justin Bieber. Their fans or trolls go on different music videos and just hate on the artists and say that they suck and One Direction or JB are the best. Many trolls do that do stur more hate.

EDIT: I kinda helped with the necroing of the thread? Woops.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, from what I hear their fans are awful. But I bet that's just the vocal minority, a bit like those minorities that chant negatively about Hillsborough and Munich in Man United vs. Liverpool games.
    I'm not a fan of their music, but some of it is kinda catchy - you end up knowing the words without ever deliberately listening to the songs. And as a hetero man I definitely don't find them attractive :).

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • This thread's been pretty massively revived, haha. I'll close this one now, but go ahead and make a new one if you want to.

-closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back